5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else Frustrated with Tow Package removing features?

kbUSMC2012

Reaction score
Makes you wonder if this was the strategy all along with the deeply discounted level 1 equipment groups during December? “Save 1200 bucks on level 1 equipment group” because you lost that amount in features.

And no, before anyone pounces, my window sticker does not indicate feature removal. It states “Tow package... tow mirrors” and “Level 1 equipment group... power folding mirrors”.

clotagames

Reaction score
Somebody get the smelling salts for that horse! This feels like we can get some more mileage out of her.

Before I bought my Limited, I got pretty good at reading the Monroney labels. They spell out that you get the camera and power folding if you don't get the towing mirrors.

View attachment 11966
That is strange because I got heated mirrors on my Limited with trailer tow mirrors!

FDXGUY

Reaction score
It’s not uncommon for packages to change from year to year, especially when a new generation of the model comes out. Before you sign on the dotted line, read the vehicles sticker to see what options and packages are on the vehicle. If you’re still not clear what is on the vehicle, pull up the build sheet, it takes 30 seconds. Or, go through the vehicle and verify what it has. Don’t assume a group or package has the features or options you want. This will save a lot of grief and butthurt.

clotagames

Reaction score
If FCA would have shown the new standard mirrors and the changes to them I think quite a few that used tow mirrors could have got by with new standard mirrors. They have more reach than ford or GM and are bigger than ford and about size of GM mirrors. Marketing department failure. I would have went that route.

Users who are viewing this thread