5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else Frustrated with Tow Package removing features?

ium33

Reaction score
I guess it is possible but I don't know for sure.

ium33

Reaction score
The dealer is Bayird Ram in Blytheville, Arkansas. Just in case anybody wants to follow-up.

Apologies for not getting the VIN . Was in a hurry and did not think.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. No worries as it’s nice of you to take time away from the family to shoot those photos for us. I e sent the pictures to my parts department to try and see what the story is there, I’m guessing good luck with that lol.

ium33

Reaction score
Do you guys think I should make a new thread on this? It seems to fit within the parameters of this thread but may not need to be buried so far down. I dunno.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^. I would as I’m sure others will appreciate what you’ve done. :)

ium33

Reaction score
Right on the 2500. My big issue was the mirrors I saw (see pics) we're upright. The tow mirrors on both the 2019 1500 and (4.5 gen) 2500 are long and short. The mirrors I saw on that truck do not match either of the current tow mirrors.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If that is your thought. Then those are the exact tow mirrors on all limiteds.

They haven't changed since 2003 except the blind spot is the whole one side instead of the corner.

I think this is Rams way of getting people who don't use them and drive around with them up with no intention of ever towing.

Very annoying to me when I see it lol

kjn86

Reaction score
I was at my local dealer this morning having a few things looked at (console squeak, bent chrome window trim, upper glove box light not working) and saw a black Limited on the lot with vertical tow mirrors. All the ones I've seen before have been long and narrow.

I took a few pictures and checked the window sticker. Pictures attached. I could not get the build date since it was locked. My wife and kids were with me so I snapped a few pics and left.

Notice the window sticker does NOT mention the delete, and these tow mirrors are definitely not the same as I've been seeing on the 1500s.

I could not tell whether there was a camera or whether the cutout was just for the LED puddle lights. View attachment 12658 View attachment 12659 View attachment 12660 View attachment 12661

This is 100% just tow mirrors in the rotated position.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I had never took notice of the puddle light before and didnt realize at first he meant the mirror was long I thought he meant the arm, because it looks especially long in the pics.

I didnt want to debunk without proof.

The pic of the 4.5 Gen is the only mirror to be seen with the surround view camera.

The pic I showed is the mirror in regular position. If you flip it out it will look like the one in his pics.

Sorry, I wanted to show how i came to the conclusion versus just saying it wasn't. Because you never know.

And the window sticker is confusing, and I would bet it is from an early build truck.

Thanks for the pics and the hope. But we are just dealing with tow mirrors with a puddle light in the extended(flipped out) towing position Screenshot_20190104-171401_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got it. Thanks for clarification!
No problem. I was really intrigued by the pic of the puddle light. I thought wow, that is much better than the little knob looking thing on the 4.5 Gen HD spy shots. I was very hopeful,as I had not seen the puddle light before.

Thanks for investigating something that looked amiss to you. We are all in this together and the more people helping find clues the better. And people learn something new everyday.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To add insult to injury, my power tilt driver's side mirror, the only real useful feature on my $400 "upgraded" tow mirrors, will not power tilt back to the former position once I go to park or driver's side. Have to manually adjust. Looks like a 4th trip to service in 3 weeks is in order. Anyone else notice this problem?

cmdr bobert

Reaction score
To add insult to injury, my power tilt driver's side mirror, the only real useful feature on my $400 "upgraded" tow mirrors, will not power tilt back to the former position once I go to park or driver's side. Have to manually adjust. Looks like a 4th trip to service in 3 weeks is in order. Anyone else notice this problem?

Yep. Having this problem as well.

alantry

Reaction score
Yep. Having this problem as well.
So looking at your signature block, you have a Black Appearance Pkg, with tow and your mirrors tilt when in reverse?
I have the same packages (including the LVL 2 Laramie, and the Advanced Safety) and was told that mine will not tilt due to their not being a control module for it (even though its a selectable option in the radio). I was told via RAMCARE that its only on the chrome tow mirrors, which to me is the dumbest thing to have 2 different options when you're paying more for a package. I just trying to see if Ram is screwing me out of an option im supposed to have.

kjn86

Reaction score
So looking at your signature block, you have a Black Appearance Pkg, with tow and your mirrors tilt when in reverse?
I have the same packages (including the LVL 2 Laramie, and the Advanced Safety) and was told that mine will not tilt due to their not being a control module for it (even though its a selectable option in the radio). I was told via RAMCARE that its only on the chrome tow mirrors, which to me is the dumbest thing to have 2 different options when you're paying more for a package. I just trying to see if Ram is screwing me out of an option im supposed to have.

I was trying to figure out the issue, but this kind of explains it for me. The mirrors tilt down in reverse for better street view then return to driving position in P or D? Mine definitely don't do this at all.

Users who are viewing this thread