5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else annoyed by the "side pockets" on the center console? Ideas for them?

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do they make a phone? 😁
mini-phone-cell-phone.gif

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Everyone lives in an area where you can possibly be held at gun point. Crime exists everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure, and everyone lives on a planet that can get struck by a meteor any second too, but it's just another in a long line of "**** I don't spend my time worrying about". Do you carry a parachute with you when you fly? Because you know your odds of dying in a plane crash are double that of being murdered.

Americans have become such a bunch of scared pussies, having to lug guns with them everywhere. I am not at all against guns but the idea that if you aren't carrying you should just **** yourself makes me laugh.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sure, and everyone lives on a planet that can get struck by a meteor any second too, but it's just another in a long line of "**** I don't spend my time worrying about". Do you carry a parachute with you when you fly? Because you know your odds of dying in a plane crash are double that of being murdered.
This is silly. Do you suppose it'd be more difficult to open the door on a commercial jet while in an emergency, or to draw your pistol in your truck at a stoplight?

Americans have become such a bunch of scared pussies, having to lug guns with them everywhere. I am not at all against guns but the idea that if you aren't carrying you should just **** yourself makes me laugh.
You describe carrying a firearm that weighs 18oz or less as "lugging" it around, and those who carry are *******?

Last edited:

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think you have that one a little backwards. Americans started off bearing arms as a normal everyday thing. Just another tool to use. It is the modern day snowflake who has become the *****. Scared of the man because he carries the scarry gun.

I mean you don't have to carry.
You don't have to say no to quartering troops or law enforcement in your home.
You can voluntarily be searched and surrender your belongings.
You can testify against yourself in court if you wish, volunteering all information asked of you.
You can waive councel if charged with a crime if you want.
You can waive having a jury judge you in a law suit.
You can have excessive unusual punishment imposed upon you.
Heck you can choose not to speak freely.

Some people just choose to carry.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
This is my little dude, not my image, but, very small edc piece (if it wasn't for hydro, it would have to be much bigger)
Nice, I recently got an LCP Max so I didn't have to lug my XDm around anymore. Love it, it fits in my pocket, sooo much lighter.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nice, I recently got an LCP Max so I didn't have to lug my XDm around anymore. Love it, it fits in my pocket, sooo much lighter.
I have a couple of the LCPs. Nice little pocket guns.

Ruger will stand strong with a warranty. The wife had a squid load and did not notice once. The second shot hit the lodged bullet and exploded the barrel destroying the gun. I told Ruger exactly what happened. They asked for the gun and a box top from the ammo. They sent a new replacement for free.

I felt that was going beyond because it was not any fault of the product. Great service.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is silly. Do you suppose it'd be more difficult to open the door on a commercial jet while in an emergency, or to draw your pistol in your truck at a stoplight?

You describe carrying a firearm that weighs 18oz or less as "lugging" it around, and those who carry are *******?
If you are a man, and you are too scared to leave the house without strapping on a pistol, and you don't live in the projects of Chicago or something similar, yes you are a *****. I can 100% see women carrying all the time because most women are physically smaller and weaker than most men and the nature of man is predatory towards women, so that makes sense. Strapping on your weaponry for a suburban trip to Home Depot because a bad guy might get you? Give me a break.

I'm ex military. I have guns and plenty of experience with them. I'm not against them at all, as someone else mentioned they're just a tool. I don't feel the need to carry every tool I have every place I go. The odds of me being shot or having to shoot someone in Home Depot, or at a stoplight, are so remote it's the same thing as carrying a parachute onto a plane. I don't **** myself that "a bad guy" might get me because I left home without my weaponry. I'd be just as comfortable bashing someone's skull in with a table leg as I would trying to pump lead into them. And I don't fear death - if I happen to be in that one in a million chance that someone guns me down in Home Depot, oh well. My family is set for the rest of their lives already, and I have good insurance.

Americans used to have enough swagger that they didn't worry about having to have firepower everywhere they went - you just knew if you got out of line you'd get your *** kicked, or kick someone else's ***. I miss those days. Instead I see old, fat slobs walking around Home Depot with holsters, guys that couldn't run 50 feet if they had to and would easily be disarmed by anyone worth a crap. At least if you're going to carry, conceal carry so only you know what capabilities you've got - why would you advertise that?

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you are a man, and you are too scared to leave the house without strapping on a pistol, and you don't live in the projects of Chicago or something similar, yes you are a *****. I can 100% see women carrying all the time because most women are physically smaller and weaker than most men and the nature of man is predatory towards women, so that makes sense. Strapping on your weaponry for a suburban trip to Home Depot because a bad guy might get you? Give me a break.

I'm ex military. I have guns and plenty of experience with them. I'm not against them at all, as someone else mentioned they're just a tool. I don't feel the need to carry every tool I have every place I go. The odds of me being shot or having to shoot someone in Home Depot, or at a stoplight, are so remote it's the same thing as carrying a parachute onto a plane. I don't **** myself that "a bad guy" might get me because I left home without my weaponry. I'd be just as comfortable bashing someone's skull in with a table leg as I would trying to pump lead into them. And I don't fear death - if I happen to be in that one in a million chance that someone guns me down in Home Depot, oh well. My family is set for the rest of their lives already, and I have good insurance.

Americans used to have enough swagger that they didn't worry about having to have firepower everywhere they went - you just knew if you got out of line you'd get your *** kicked, or kick someone else's ***. I miss those days. Instead I see old, fat slobs walking around Home Depot with holsters, guys that couldn't run 50 feet if they had to and would easily be disarmed by anyone worth a crap. At least if you're going to carry, conceal carry so only you know what capabilities you've got - why would you advertise that?
If you're a man, and 18oz is something you have to "lug" around, you should probably spend some time in the gym or maybe just eat a sandwich before you carry.

I can't imagine being the type of "man" that finds an 18oz pistol too heavy to carry, but if you are, you should spend your time learning to run away because you aren't fighting anyone and winning.

You aren't special. I've served with some of the baddest dudes on the planet. They don't spend their time running their mouths about how tough they are on the Internet or how they're going to fight an armed criminal with furniture. Guess what, hero? They all carry as much as possible.

But hey, at least your family will have some money or something.

Americans have been carrying firearms for hundreds of years. I'm surprised you didn't know that, being a "gun guy" and all.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a couple of the LCPs. Nice little pocket guns.

Ruger will stand strong with a warranty. The wife had a squid load and did not notice once. The second shot hit the lodged bullet and exploded the barrel destroying the gun. I told Ruger exactly what happened. They asked for the gun and a box top from the ammo. They sent a new replacement for free.

I felt that was going beyond because it was not any fault of the product. Great service.
Completely agree about Ruger. I have one of their SR1911s that wasn't running right with certain ammo and magazines. Sent them the pistol and magazines and haven't had a problem since I got it back.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I find carrying a weapon in my vehicle uncomfortable too. I have used said pocket for my holster as explained in this thread, and prefer it for longer trips. I think it works well. If needed, I believe a gun could be drawn much more discreetly from this location than the center console, but I've used both locations. I do carry at work, in the field. That's about the only time I keep a gun on me full time in a vehicle, but I'm out of it just as much as I'm in it.

One thing I think that gets overlooked here is whether we're talking IWB vs. OWB. I strictly carry concealed iwb either appendix or 5 o'clock. I'm thinking the guys that carry owb at 3 o'clock are probably more comfortable in a vehicle, but I can't confirm. Not saying one is better than the other, might it probably affects vehicle comfort level.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you're a man, and 18oz is something you have to "lug" around, you should probably spend some time in the gym or maybe just eat a sandwich before you carry.

I can't imagine being the type of "man" that finds an 18oz pistol too heavy to carry, but if you are, you should spend your time learning to run away because you aren't fighting anyone and winning.

You aren't special. I've served with some of the baddest dudes on the planet. They don't spend their time running their mouths about how tough they are on the Internet or how they're going to fight an armed criminal with furniture. Guess what, hero? They all carry as much as possible.

But hey, at least your family will have some money or something.

Americans have been carrying firearms for hundreds of years. I'm surprised you didn't know that, being a "gun guy" and all.
Up until the last 20 years, nobody carried a damn gun with them all the time, every place they went, unless they were out in the wilderness or lived in a really rough urban area. I don't think I'm special at all, but you won't change my mind that if you believe you need weaponry with you 100% of the time and you're a man, and you don't live like I just mentioned, you're a *****. Sorry. Maybe you just got a nicer a$$ than I do and are afraid of someone making you their ***** in the Home Depot plumbing department - in that case, carry on :D

Carlmyman

Reaction score
OK, it's no secret I love this truck. It's comfortable, well put together, just a nice overall ride. But I have finally found something that I find annoying/aggravating (other than the fuel filler/capless setup which I don't like at all).

It's the "side pockets" on the center console. You have to have some kind of midget fingers (little people?) to put your damn hand in there. Every time something drops in there I end up with a flat head screwdriver or something similar fishing it out of there. Who the hell designed that opening?

Anyway, has anyone found a good solution for either blocking it off or making it easier to use?
Perfect place for my tablet which I seem to always have with me. Drop it in, blends in so prying eyes don't notice.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Perfect place for my tablet which I seem to always have with me. Drop it in, blends in so prying eyes don't notice.
That's actually a pretty good idea - I can see that working because it's tall enough to be able to get out of there. I don't have a working tablet any more but I think I will try that next one I get.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Up until the last 20 years, nobody carried a damn gun with them all the time, every place they went, unless they were out in the wilderness or lived in a really rough urban area. I don't think I'm special at all, but you won't change my mind that if you believe you need weaponry with you 100% of the time and you're a man, and you don't live like I just mentioned, you're a *****. Sorry. Maybe you just got a nicer a$$ than I do and are afraid of someone making you their ***** in the Home Depot plumbing department - in that case, carry on :D
BS. Americans have been carrying firearms since they were first called Americans.

I'm guessing you're in your 50s or 60s, you spent 4 years in the Air Force 30+ years ago, and you've never been in a fight in your life. If I'm wrong on any of that, you need to rethink how you act because that's how you come across.

Just f-ing lol at you thinking you're going to beat someone up with a table leg in the Home Depot parking lot.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
BS. Americans have been carrying firearms since they were first called Americans.

I'm guessing you're in your 50s or 60s, you spent 4 years in the Air Force 30+ years ago, and you've never been in a fight in your life. If I'm wrong on any of that, you need to rethink how you act because that's how you come across.

Just f-ing lol at you thinking you're going to beat someone up with a table leg in the Home Depot parking lot.
Nope, not Air Force. You got the age right but I've been in plenty of fights. I should have guessed by your attitude you were a Marine, probably a 2 and out 25 year old video game commando - you jarheads were already our bitches, says it right there on your seal - you don't even have your own department :p

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, not Air Force. You got the age right but I've been in plenty of fights. I should have guessed by your attitude you were a Marine, probably a 2 and out 25 year old video game commando - you jarheads were already our bitches, says it right there on your seal - you don't even have your own department :p
Navy's even worse. Hell, at least the Air Force knows who they are. That does explain your obsession with the plumbing aisle rendezvous...

Users who are viewing this thread