5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else annoyed by the "side pockets" on the center console? Ideas for them?

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
This isn’t mine, but someone posted how they hang theirs. I do it the same way
5aef2675c4170b0d7d105f2db4359ece.jpg
I'm not opposed to carrying my 9mm in my truck, but this just seems like a dumb spot.

As SGMBailey said, I like to keep my cars showroom clean, but not just because I like a neat truck, but because I don't like to advertise what goodies might be worth a smash and grab. Ever since my neighbor had his truck broken into (they stole 2 firearms), I've been super secretive where I keep ANYTHING. Particularly tools, money, and firearms.

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not opposed to carrying my 9mm in my truck, but this just seems like a dumb spot.

As SGMBailey said, I like to keep my cars showroom clean, but not just because I like a neat truck, but because I don't like to advertise what goodies might be worth a smash and grab. Ever since my neighbor had his truck broken into (they stole 2 firearms), I've been super secretive where I keep ANYTHING. Particularly tools, money, and firearms.
Really disagree, seems like an awesome spot, but not for walking away, don't want anything visible if I am not there. Don't want to advertise that "I am a gun guy" clip on is perfect if you want to move every time you get out.

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My mummy made me write...

I will not leave french fries in the new truck. I will not leave french fries in the new truck. I will not leave french fries in the new truck.
I will not leave french fries in the new truck. I will not leave french fries in the new truck. I will not leave french fries in the new truck.
Ha, kick the in the fryer and cry it off, mummies boy
I put kleenex in mine
And, you go

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I'm with you on that one. My firearm either stays on me for short trips or goes in the safe for longer drives. Also wonder how much wear and tear clipping a holster there would cause over time.

Those pockets currently serve one purpose in my truck. To annoy me when I'm doing an interior detail...

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Really disagree, seems like an awesome spot, but not for walking away, don't want anything visible if I am not there. Don't want to advertise that "I am a gun guy" clip on is perfect if you want to move every time you get out.
I agree too. On my side does not allow access when buckled in. Locked in the safe certainly does not allow access.

Not a place to leave it, just to have it there while in the truck.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are folks really struggling to draw a holstered pistol because they have their seat belt on? Or think lifting the lid of a center console is time consuming?

Trykonkid11

Reaction score
Wow. Not to threadjack my own thread, which is being threadjacked already, but if I lived somewhere so dangerous that I had to worry about whether my gun was on my hip or clipped to my console because of car jackers my *** would be moving :p . No one's ever going to carjack me because any son of a ***** that comes running up to my truck when I'm driving on the road is getting their *** run over!

Everyone lives in an area where you can possibly be held at gun point. Crime exists everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread