5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else annoyed by the "side pockets" on the center console? Ideas for them?

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The sad part is nothing important ever falls in there. That stuff falls between the seat and the consul where I can’t reach it.
It’s simply the “keeper of crumbs”.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The number of people who can't read maps is depressing. Sorry, couldn't resist.
But having said that, I do keep a couple gazetteers in mine, for backup.
I did have an idea for an alternate use, and that was to make an insert to fit the map pocket that could be used to mount accessory controls, or possibly even a gear shift lever that would not cause loss of the console storage space.

mtt582

Reaction score
OK, it's no secret I love this truck. It's comfortable, well put together, just a nice overall ride. But I have finally found something that I find annoying/aggravating (other than the fuel filler/capless setup which I don't like at all).

It's the "side pockets" on the center console. You have to have some kind of midget fingers (little people?) to put your damn hand in there. Every time something drops in there I end up with a flat head screwdriver or something similar fishing it out of there. Who the hell designed that opening?

Anyway, has anyone found a good solution for either blocking it off or making it easier to use?
This was posted a long time ago so I’m sure you found a solution by now but that slot is where I keep my microfiber cloths. Keeps stuff from falling too deep in that little pocket.

mopowwa

Reaction score
The number of people who still rely on paper maps enough to actually need a special place to store them is depressing...
These are the same people who also have a fully charged phone with GPS in their pockets lol..

Quint

Reaction score
My map of the north woods stays under a pile of stuff under the rear seat. I haven't looked at it in 15yrs.

In my map holding bin, I keep a one of those pocket-sized spiral notebooks. It's perfect for making a quick note when needed - a grocery list, writing down a license plate #, taking notes during a phone call, etc. The other thing that I keep in there is a wad of napkins from fast-food joints. Those napkins also act as an iron dome defense shield against errant french fry launches.

ThorJeep

Reaction score
I put my life savings in there! Even if thieves know about them they would forget as much as the owners do... :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread