5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else annoyed by the "side pockets" on the center console? Ideas for them?

Bigbags85

Reaction score
So..... You like that LCP Max? My gun shop is sold out of them. I've been considering one for a summer gun (smaller, more concealable with less clothing). I use a xds 3.3 most of the time. Even being relatively small as 9mm goes, it's not as easy for a smaller fella like myself to conceal without a jacket.

I had an original lcp a few years ago, but traded it. I hear good things about the newer, upgraded versions.
Yeah I like it! It's well balanced and for me at least swapping to the larger magazine hold I can get a really nice grip. I got tired of carrying my xdm 3.8 45 around. It was just heavy and uncomfortable, the LCP max can fit in almost any pocket with no profile and it is close to the same weight as my phone probably haha.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I like it! It's well balanced and for me at least swapping to the larger magazine hold I can get a really nice grip. I got tired of carrying my xdm 3.8 45 around. It was just heavy and uncomfortable, the LCP max can fit in almost any pocket with no profile and it is close to the same weight as my phone probably haha.
Good to hear! I'll have to go take a look when they get them in stock. Thanks!

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Almost as small as mine.

View attachment 122195
I think it's actually just smaller than a ppk and also half the weight. I do love those though, my dad has one and I was initially going to buy a ppk before I saw the lcp max. I'll probably get one eventually but for 230 bucks or whatever it was the max was hard to pass up.

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it's actually just smaller than a ppk and also half the weight. I do love those though, my dad has one and I was initially going to buy a ppk before I saw the lcp max. I'll probably get one eventually but for 230 bucks or whatever it was the max was hard to pass up.
Yeah, ppk is a little pricey, shoots great though. only thing I don't like is it will bite my thumb if I haven't shot it in a while. The slide is really tight to the grip

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Yeah, ppk is a little pricey, shoots great though. only thing I don't like is it will bite my thumb if I haven't shot it in a while. The slide is really tight to the grip
Yeah but they're really well built! I'm glad they are in production again. Hopefully the quality is the same.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Up until the last 20 years, nobody carried a damn gun with them all the time, every place they went, unless they were out in the wilderness or lived in a really rough urban area. I don't think I'm special at all, but you won't change my mind that if you believe you need weaponry with you 100% of the time and you're a man, and you don't live like I just mentioned, you're a *****. Sorry. Maybe you just got a nicer a$$ than I do and are afraid of someone making you their ***** in the Home Depot plumbing department - in that case, carry on :D
And just to mention, people thought that is was safe in church! WELL that thought ended when that nut job went into that church with a ar rifle and killed a bunch of people! You never know when and where it can happen, but it will happen someplace and some time.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you are a man, and you are too scared to leave the house without strapping on a pistol, and you don't live in the projects of Chicago or something similar, yes you are a *****. I can 100% see women carrying all the time because most women are physically smaller and weaker than most men and the nature of man is predatory towards women, so that makes sense. Strapping on your weaponry for a suburban trip to Home Depot because a bad guy might get you? Give me a break.

I'm ex military. I have guns and plenty of experience with them. I'm not against them at all, as someone else mentioned they're just a tool. I don't feel the need to carry every tool I have every place I go. The odds of me being shot or having to shoot someone in Home Depot, or at a stoplight, are so remote it's the same thing as carrying a parachute onto a plane. I don't **** myself that "a bad guy" might get me because I left home without my weaponry. I'd be just as comfortable bashing someone's skull in with a table leg as I would trying to pump lead into them. And I don't fear death - if I happen to be in that one in a million chance that someone guns me down in Home Depot, oh well. My family is set for the rest of their lives already, and I have good insurance.

Americans used to have enough swagger that they didn't worry about having to have firepower everywhere they went - you just knew if you got out of line you'd get your *** kicked, or kick someone else's ***. I miss those days. Instead I see old, fat slobs walking around Home Depot with holsters, guys that couldn't run 50 feet if they had to and would easily be disarmed by anyone worth a crap. At least if you're going to carry, conceal carry so only you know what capabilities you've got - why would you advertise that?
It has nothing to do with being a man. It has nothing to do with swagger. Your implied claim about real men not needing a gun is kind of silly. The chances of someone who might attack another person unarmed are pretty slim. Even if they are not armed with anything, I don't want an even match-up if someone threatens me or my family. I want overwhelming odds in my favor. You don't seem to get it, and that's okay. I can accept your opinion on that. But being an American has always been directly linked with carrying. My proof is the existence of the 2nd Amendment.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Flick on the news, you'll see plenty of reasons to carry a peacemaker. They closed down mental hospitals 20-30 years ago, it's not like the crazy people went away

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And just to mention, people thought that is was safe in church! WELL that thought ended when that nut job went into that church with a ar rifle and killed a bunch of people! You never know when and where it can happen, but it will happen someplace and some time.
Exactly! We have a church now in town with a sign on the door that encourages concealed carry ha. I've never been much of a church goer, but if I was, that would be the one I would attend and support.

MuddyJeep810

Reaction score
Who would have thought those lame side pockets would have provided a solid hour of reading entertainment?! Nice! Anyway, now picking up an appropriate OWB holster for my M&P Shield 2.0 9mm to make those long truck rides a little more comfortable! I'm just not a fan of table legs so... 🤷‍♂️🤣

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's funny how simple question and answers can turn into a rant by Keren/Kevin. If you don't see the need for something, great, start an argument someplace else.
For the ones who participated in the discussion with a simple to the point answer to the question at hand, kudos.
For those who turned it into a political rant, Thank you for your opinion, but please, here is a dime. Call someone who gives a $h!t what you think.

Never take a table leg to a gunfight.

Users who are viewing this thread