5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

Cableline01

Reaction score
I know this is a dumb question and it is probably in post 546 or something but where is everyone getting the full kit from? and has anyone used https://gradeautopart.com/ They had what I needed but I can't find much info on the company ASAP Motors they say they own tons of junkyards and can get what I needed?

Phi1Wh0

Reaction score
I have a UCX module on hand for sale still. Lots of interest and questions, but no one follows through.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im curious after the swap my iPod classic won't work says not supported but it did when i had the 8.4 it still see my iPhone though

ogor6037

Reaction score
Not sure if this was asked before are there any different part #s for the 12.1 module besides 68317978AF ? Seems like sourcing all of those pieces will be pain good info though...and also this should work with 2020 ecodiesel right? specifically alfaobd

Cableline01

Reaction score
Does anyone get calls from a bunch of auto part sellers when you are looking for the screen parts? I don't know if it's me just trying to not get burned by a scammer. It seems like they send phots from trucks that I have called on and they say it no longer has the parts.
So far some of the companies are:
varietyautoparts.com
ASAP dont know the website.

Does anyone have any trusted sellers?

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if this was asked before are there any different part #s for the 12.1 module besides 68317978AF ? Seems like sourcing all of those pieces will be pain good info though...and also this should work with 2020 ecodiesel right? specifically alfaobd

Technically yes. It doesn’t have to come from a 1500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kodiakz

Reaction score
We have successfully converted UAV to UAX 100% oem no hack. uses your oem module and 12" software.

Attachments

• IMG_4959 2.jpg
    IMG_4959 2.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_4960.jpg
    IMG_4960.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_4961.jpg
    IMG_4961.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 163

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We have successfully converted UAV to UAX 100% oem no hack. uses your oem module and 12" software.
Excellent. Can you elaborate...
Are you saying you just updated the software on a UAV with a 12” software update on a USB stick?

Last edited:

kodiakz

Reaction score
We can take your existing module and convert to 12". The module stays fully intact so you can keep XMGuardian, Traffic, etc. Will need to send in module. Turnaround will be 1-2 days. pm me for details if anyone is interested.

kodiakz

Reaction score
Lol no not quite that simple. But we convert your UAV to UAX totally oem with no hack and the software is 100% Mopar and can be updated as usual.

Bram2019

Reaction score
I sent private mail to poster for conversion. Would not quote price. Referred me to another email. My guess is they are applying token ring software to do this. Like the guy in Europe. Just a guess. Anyone been quoted a price?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I sent private mail to poster for conversion. Would not quote price. Referred me to another email. My guess is they are applying token ring software to do this. Like the guy in Europe. Just a guess. Anyone been quoted a price?
Got the same message. No quote, just referred me to someone.

Phi1Wh0

Reaction score

Refuses to respond to pricing requests

kodiakz

Reaction score
We are not doing anything like what customtronix is doing; he is essentially putting his own bootlader in and then pointing that to his modified software. Ours is 100% oem software and firmrmware. I refrained from quoting prices as we are not yet an approved vendor here.

Bram2019

Reaction score
We are not doing anything like what customtronix is doing; he is essentially putting his own bootlader in and then pointing that to his modified software. Ours is 100% oem software and firmrmware. I refrained from quoting prices as we are not yet an approved vendor here.
I received an email from you guys that essentially put me off saying they were too busy to answer a simple question. You claim yours is 100% oem software. Which oem are you talking about. You would need to obtain a license from Panasonic to do this it would seem to me. Maybe I am wrong.. Please clarify.

Users who are viewing this thread