5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

kodiakz

Reaction score
We use oem hardware and oem firmware available to anyone to download. Dont need a license for that so yes you are wrong on that point.

SJI

Reaction score
So I just tried my install. All went well until I fired up the truck. The screen is black. Does not turn on. Now my wipers stay on. (unless I pull the fuse) And I have multiple codes being shown and the truck disabled my 4x4... Any ideas...???

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I just tried my install. All went well until I fired up the truck. The screen is black. Does not turn on. Now my wipers stay on. (unless I pull the fuse) And I have multiple codes being shown and the truck disabled my 4x4... Any ideas...???

Go back to the alpha obd part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SJI

Reaction score

Will do. Thank you!

Bram2019

Reaction score
c1f56fd445cf0921841ada944706d759.jpg

Have gaurdian also but they won’t let me connect it though due to my vin

Did you need to register the sirius id before this came up. Usually new modules in demo mode, it shows nothing on sirius web page, then you register to show subscribed. Just curious.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you need to register the sirius id before this came up. Usually new modules in demo mode, it shows nothing on sirius web page, then you register to show subscribed. Just curious.

Yes i just used different email stead of going through the disassociating previous week ID

Bram2019

Reaction score
Yes i just used different email stead of going through the disassociating previous week ID

So I understand. You just created a different email address and registered this modules id with the new email address. That is how you think you got the 1 year and 5 years free

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I understand. You just created a different email address and registered this modules id with the new email address. That is how you think you got the 1 year and 5 years free

No it came with the radio that was in the 2020 it was practically a brand new truck with the subscriptions package

Bram2019

Reaction score
Ok,
I understand. The module had the 5 years and 1 year in it from the factory. What was odd was the 1 year sirius started the day you posted here. The module must have been in demo mode when the truck was wrecked that the module came out of. Did you need to enter the pin code? My guess is no if it was in demo mode

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok,
I understand. The module had the 5 years and 1 year in it from the factory. What was odd was the 1 year sirius started the day you posted here. The module must have been in demo mode when the truck was wrecked that the module came out of. Did you need to enter the pin code? My guess is no if it was in demo mode

Ahh I see what your saying no I didn’t

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok,
Ahh I see what your saying no I didn’t

A lot of junkyards go in on joint ventures for revenue sharing, and they’ll buy brand new trucks strictly to part out. If you look on car-part, and notice the same radio with the same stock number being sold by multiple wreckers, chances are, the part is off a brand new truck. That’s where my module came from, also, so no radio code prompt, and it is in demo for the free trials.

SJI

Reaction score

Its works now. I blew a fuse when I was repinning the harness and that caused the codes. Everything seems to be working on the unit. Sirius included. Anyway to find out how long is left on a sirius subscription from a used unit? I'm sure there is an answer in this thread somewhere. Thanks again to all those who contributed to this thread. It was all very helpful!

Bram2019

Reaction score
A lot of junkyards go in on joint ventures for revenue sharing, and they’ll buy brand new trucks strictly to part out. If you look on car-part, and notice the same radio with the same stock number being sold by multiple wreckers, chances are, the part is off a brand new truck. That’s where my module came from, also, so no radio code prompt, and it is in demo for the free trials.
Did your stay in demo mode or did you hit the button for free trial on the screen. Curious because I am wondering if the free trial of 1 year sirius and 5 year traffic goes with module and you need to hit that trial button to get the 1 and 5 subscriptions

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did your stay in demo mode or did you hit the button for free trial on the screen. Curious because I am wondering if the free trial of 1 year sirius and 5 year traffic goes with module and you need to hit that trial button to get the 1 and 5 subscriptions
I’m still in demo, and haven’t hit the subscribe button yet. I haven’t kept any of the transplanted radios I’ve had long enough to know for sure, but I’d imagine the trial will keep running until expired no matter how many vehicles it moves to.
TV02k6I.jpg

PDL2MTL

Reaction score
I have a 19 3500 Big Horn with the small radio 5” non Nav I believe. Any reason this wouldn’t work on my truck? Would it be the same as the 2500? Thanks for all your guy’s persistence.

PDL2MTL

Reaction score
Also would any screen and module work from a 2020? Are the 1500, 2500, and 3500s the same?

Issa_foto_guy

Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone heard of a module that needs software. If so how easy is it to get software

johnniewilliams92

Reaction score
That connector plugs into and powers the physical controls on trucks with the 8.4 screen. Even with it left unplugged, the physical A/C controls still work on the 12.1”. The only things that didn’t work for me are the audio volume knobs and the radio tuning knobs.
Did you ever get the volume and tuner knob to work??

Users who are viewing this thread