5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you very much! I almost ready start this mod, but after swap what exactly procedure will needed with AlfaOBD? Must i install new software or just change some settings? Asked this because i’m in Russia, her in no Ram dealers and nobody can help me, if i broke my truck :)
Just to change a few settings, Very easy!
We can help you with any issues...

Rgeiser

Reaction score
I’ll send you a PM. I build mine so you don’t have to tap into any factory wiring.
This is the solar sensor you need- 68230114AB
Cabin temp sensor- 55111178AC
Does the cabin temp sensor come with the part you connect the wires into, or is that a separate part?

Also, are you still selling this harnes already made - shoot me a pm if you are

TNRAMBox

Reaction score
TNramBox, which bezel would that be?
That question is part of the problem. LOL. I have a 2019 Laramie Black Edition so my bezel has the faint gold trim on the sides with carbon fiber on the top. So I looked on the web and found a truck that was identical to mine but with the 12.1” nav and got the VIN. I then called a parts guy with that VIN and was told that 6EZ154X9AE was the proper part number for the bezel. So I placed the order online and a day later they canceled that line item saying the part was on national backorder except but when I looked at it the part number they used was was 6BK014X9AD Instead of 6EZ154X9AE. When I inquired about that they said that was the new part number. Yesterday I went to different online vendor and placed a new order using the original part number that I was given along with the VIN for the truck that matches mine. So far so good. We’ll see what they do with it. Fingers crossed that the first vendor just screwed up.

Georgf

Reaction score
I’ll send you a PM. I build mine so you don’t have to tap into any factory wiring.
This is the solar sensor you need- 68230114AB
Cabin temp sensor- 55111178AC
If you have it for sale, please send me PM for details. Thanks.

Tallus

Reaction score
Don’t forget the rubber mat. Your old one will not fit we’re the cigarette lighter goes.

merdas

Reaction score
That question is part of the problem. LOL. I have a 2019 Laramie Black Edition so my bezel has the faint gold trim on the sides with carbon fiber on the top. So I looked on the web and found a truck that was identical to mine but with the 12.1” nav and got the VIN. I then called a parts guy with that VIN and was told that 6EZ154X9AE was the proper part number for the bezel. So I placed the order online and a day later they canceled that line item saying the part was on national backorder except but when I looked at it the part number they used was was 6BK014X9AD Instead of 6EZ154X9AE. When I inquired about that they said that was the new part number. Yesterday I went to different online vendor and placed a new order using the original part number that I was given along with the VIN for the truck that matches mine. So far so good. We’ll see what they do with it. Fingers crossed that the first vendor just screwed up.
Got you, I have a Rebel with red trim, hopefully they have this one in stock, thanks for the reply, good luck,

Spaz86

Reaction score
When I added blind spot sensors and mirrors with blindspot orange LEDs I opted for the ones with the cameras installed. It was a bit running the coax for the left, right, and front cameras but it is doable. I was able to get 360 view working with the swap. All the parts I picked up used and was able to do this for about $350. The front and rear cameras I pulled from damaged Pacifica side mirrors that I picked up cheap.
View attachment 42519 View attachment 42538
Maybe I missed this...but did you do this using a tutorial found on here or just wing it? Looking to do the same thing to my truck adding the cameras

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I missed this...but did you do this using a tutorial found on here or just wing it? Looking to do the same thing to my truck adding the cameras
This thread is the closest there is to how to do it- https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/surroundview-camera.1492/page-11#post-356890
Basically, you need:
CVPM
Mirrors with cameras
Front camera
Nameplate for front camera (and grille, depending on which grille you current have)
Rear camera
Tailgate handle for surround view rear camera (it is different than the one you currently have)
Various lengths of fakra z female to female coax cable
And a harness for the CVPM (I can build you the harness)

Spaz86

Reaction score
This thread is the closest there is to how to do it- https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/surroundview-camera.1492/page-11#post-356890
Basically, you need:
CVPM
Mirrors with cameras
Front camera
Nameplate for front camera (and grille, depending on which grille you current have)
Rear camera
Tailgate handle for surround view rear camera (it is different than the one you currently have)
Various lengths of fakra z female to female coax cable
And a harness for the CVPM (I can build you the harness)
Thanks Jimmy

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

TNRAMBox

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the bezel but great news on that module! Awesome.
Please keep us posted and confirm its arrival...
So I received the Radio/Multimedia module today from Tasca. (68317978I, Radio-Multi Media, $652.91). I guess maybe they aren't on national hold anymore?

Brookelf

Reaction score
So I received the Radio/Multimedia module today from Tasca. (68317978I, Radio-Multi Media, $652.91). I guess maybe they aren't on national hold anymore?
FYI your radio module is new it won't have a MSISDN number. If you're looking to active the WIFI Service you will have to go to your local dealer and hopefully they will assign your radio one. Be nice to your service adviser 😉💵 he's your middle man to the technician.

TNRAMBox

Reaction score
FYI your radio module is new it won't have a MSISDN number. If you're looking to active the WIFI Service you will have to go to your local dealer and hopefully they will assign your radio one. Be nice to your service adviser 😉💵 he's your middle man to the technician.
I haven't looked at the available parameters yet but I thought I might be able to use AlfaOBD to move the MSISDN from my existing module to the new one. Isn't that what the dealer does when a module goes bad and they have to replace it with a new one?

TNRAMBox

Reaction score
Just finished the swap. Really straight forward. The only reason it took me a while is I had issues getting my windows AlfaOBD to connect to the OBDLink M+. Finally ran to Walmart and picked up a cheap android tablet. Then programming took all of 10 min including connecting the security bypass module. After programming I just pulled the radio fuse, waited 30 sec, put it back in and then fired her up. Heart skipped a beat when the screen briefly flashed “enter your anti theft code” but went right past that and booted up. As expected most of the truck options were not recognized but I power cycled once and everything came back.

One interesting thing of note. I have Sirius Guardian and really depend on it. So nice to be flying home in the winter and hit remote start on the phone while taxing to the gate and have a warm truck waiting. LOL. Anyway I discovered that the cell phone settings must be stored in a separate module because Sirius Guardian/uconnect remote still works! I can call Assist, SOS, and all remote functions still work. The Sirius XM radio ID did change but that’s just a matter of calling Sirius and having them update it. All in all it appears to be good to go. Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread. All your input made this really easy. Nice $1500 upgrade. Screw paying $4K from an unspoken online vendor. LOL (was that out loud?, sorry)

Attachments

• 6AAEDFB6-039F-4020-A096-77296F186C6D.jpeg
    6AAEDFB6-039F-4020-A096-77296F186C6D.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 138

Users who are viewing this thread