5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What next @Jimmy07? lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only last thing I can think of right now is, upload your current BCM dump so I can see. Make sure you read the BCM system status and let it completely populate before you upload it, so I can see all the ECU qualifications and bussed inputs/outputs.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are you able to view it in post 597?

Yes, but I’d like to see the current, as of this moment, log.
And, right after you upload that one (with the key in run position), upload another one after reading the system status with the key in the off position.

dougstheman86

Reaction score
Trying to figure out how to do it on this android app. It keeps pulling up my log from yesterday

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Trying to figure out how to do it on this android app. It keeps pulling up my log from yesterday

In settings up top, make sure log recording and keep session data are checked

dougstheman86

Reaction score
7aa788b1b5ab7718e7dc0b72e0fd95b3.jpg

How do I make it read? This page?

b74114c438a9dd77e3b8098b96fc03cb.jpg

dougstheman86

Reaction score
Every time I hit view faults and status log it pulls the log up from yesterday

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Every time I hit view faults and status log it pulls the log up from yesterday

First you need to connect to the BCM with the ignition in run. Then select the battery icon on the lower right. Then select read system status. Let the list fully populate (might take a minute or so). Then select tools up top. Upload to google drive. Upload faults and status log. Select body_chrysler_info. Share that one here.
Then do the same process, but with the ignition off.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
And also 2500 has the SGW Module behind the cluster which suckkssssssss

Last edited:

Bram2019

Reaction score
Yes

Most likely that is the problem. The bcm looks for the security gateway. If it does not see it, it should throw a U0001 code in the bcm which knocks out the radio most likely. The gateway is the device that the bcm goes through to communicate to the radio. It appears the radio pin out is correct. It appeared you set the bcm properly. I would try and reconnect the security gateway bus wires back to stock. Pull the battery cable for 30 minutes. Reconnect, turn the key on and hopefully it works. I did the same install for a guy I know. I used a bypass dongle to bypass the gateway. Once I was done with everything I reinstalled the gateway back to stock and everything worked. That is also the reason you saw the gateway disabled when you looked at the screen on your phone. Give it a shot. I think it will work. may require a few key cycles

dougstheman86

Reaction score
Disconnect the battery or pull the fuse? Because I was told not to do the battery because other issues could present themselves....

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Disconnect the battery or pull the fuse? Because I was told not to do the battery because other issues could present themselves....

Just drive the car for 10 minutes, shut it off and open the door. This should be enough for the changes to take place.

dougstheman86

Reaction score
And @Jimmy07, as stupid as this sounds it keeps pulling yesterday’s data no matter what I do man

dougstheman86

Reaction score
The Bypass is taken off and back to stock, disconnected the battery, waiting 30 mins now

Users who are viewing this thread