5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I’ll get good pictures tomorrow, I’ve been trying to find the fuse to pull but can’t find it...I’ve been just taking off the battery terminal each time. I didn’t think it took multiple drive cycles to take effect, how it was written up...I would make the changes, pull the battery terminal and let it sit an hour...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't mess with the battery too much if i was you... you don't want other problems to arise when trying to fix a different one.

dougstheman86

Reaction score
Ok, any idea which fuse I should be pulling? They are not labeled. Also, after I start the truck after the BCM changes everything’s good. I park it, come back and screen won’t turn on again.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Look at the manual, it's the easiest way to find them..
Quote from a different thread in this forum:
Try page 452 of the manual fuse F44 says radio, would that be it?

dougstheman86

Reaction score
Look at the manual, it's the easiest way to find them..
Quote from a different thread in this forum:
Try page 452 of the manual fuse F44 says radio, would that be it?

Yeah, I checked the manual and got F44 as well. I’ll check it out tomorrow I guess. Didn’t think disconnecting the battery would cause further issues so didn’t look all that hard.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I checked the manual and got F44 as well. I’ll check it out tomorrow I guess. Didn’t think disconnecting the battery would cause further issues so didn’t look all that hard.

Iv'e heard about crazy stories from a tranny that doesn't shift right anymore to windows not opening and even engine not starting... These new car rely so much on the battery to remember how to work properly, it's crazy...

dougstheman86

Reaction score
If anyone that’s done this swap before could chime in and just tell me the fuse location it would be of great help..I spoke to the dealership they say they will do it for me on Wednesday

dougstheman86

Reaction score
Yeah I just called them and told I did the 12” swap and my truck isn’t recognizing the screen and they said it’s a $125 “programming fee”

Cruzman05thgen

Reaction score
Have them explain to you what they do so I can call my dealership and have them do the same!

dougstheman86

Reaction score
Lmao, ok I’m still going to continue to try getting it working on my own until Wednesday though. Of all the people in this forum that have done this swap only about 2 people are willing to even help, before I took this on I thought I’d have a lot more help from this forum due to how many people have done this swap ect. Kinda sad, I’ve been busting my rear end trying to get this thing working.

Cruzman05thgen

Reaction score
I bought everything in hopes of the same thing. I also bought alphaobd, the obdlink Mx, and the bypass module from infotainment so I could do it myself. Bypass and Mx should be in by Wednesday as well so I’ll try it through there first and wait for your reply as to whether they can get it done. My local dealership asked me how to do it, which my answer was.... “idk you are the dealership not me”

dougstheman86

Reaction score
Hahaha, yeah probably don’t want to take it to them them they probably won’t be able to forgive it out. I’ve not the OBDLink MX, the bypass and ALFAOBD as well and that sh*t don’t work at all. So there HAS to be other settings in the BCM to change or something. I followed the instructions in posts 309 and 319 exactly and nothing!

dougstheman86

Reaction score
Hahaha, yeah probably don’t want to take it to them them they probably won’t be able to figure it out. I’ve also got the OBDLink MX, the bypass and ALFAOBD as well and that sh*t don’t work at all. So there HAS to be other settings in the BCM to change or something. I followed the instructions in posts 309 and 319 exactly and nothing! Wish I knew where this mysterious radio fuse was all the other forum members were pulling to reset their radio as well.

Cruzman05thgen

Reaction score
Yeah I can’t find the fuse either. Supposedly people have pulled it, but no one knows where the heck it is!!!!

dougstheman86

Reaction score
I don’t even care to much about the volume knob not working anymore, I just want the dang screen to stay on every time I get in the truck mostly

Bram2019

Reaction score
Yeah I can’t find the fuse either. Supposedly people have pulled it, but no one knows where the heck it is!!!!

It is the interior power distribution panel near the steering column

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The radio fuse is definitely 44 on the INTERIOR fuse box.

Users who are viewing this thread