5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

dougstheman86

Reaction score
So all my settings came through and the radio powered right up. Only thing is the volume knob and tune knob are still not working..any clue how to fix that? @Jimmy07

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dougstheman86

Reaction score
Went back in and Enabled the center stack and disabled again to see if that would get my knobs working...gonna wait an hour and see if it comes through

Cruzman05thgen

Reaction score
No, the dealership said they would program the radio in for me. They asked me what the sales code was for the install. So I’m assuming they are asking me what they have to change on the bcm on their end.

dougstheman86

Reaction score
Still nothing from the volume, browse knobs, mute button or the screen off buttons... Going from the 8.4” NON-NAV to the 12” the only plug I had to re-pin was the one with the blue tape correct? 5 wires?

Cruzman05thgen

Reaction score
I believe so. My 2019 didn’t have blue tape though??? Maybe because it’s a 2500??

Bram2019

Reaction score
Still nothing from the volume, browse knobs, mute button or the screen off buttons... Going from the 8.4” NON-NAV to the 12” the only plug I had to re-pin was the one with the blue tape correct? 5 wires?

See post 309 and 319

Cruzman05thgen

Reaction score
What does the dealership have to do to make this work? My dealership said they’d do it. They just don’t know what to do lol

dougstheman86

Reaction score
Display is enabled and the center stack is disabled knobs not working

dougstheman86

Reaction score
@Bram2019

4dfe55b3767eafee1be8974120f29a54.jpg

7f1bc0e045f4ebc464557a5269bf3d55.jpg

dougstheman86

Reaction score
Would it help if I uploaded my BCM log?...

dougstheman86

Reaction score
Well wired it up correctly and made both the changes in the BCM and my radio is now back to turning on when it wants/knobs not working. Having to disconnect the battery to get the screen to come on I don’t get it

dougstheman86

Reaction score
Could this be my problem? SGW was set to disabled....
b7b2b8e6a53c38bace44ac38482c00de.jpg

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Could this be my problem? SGW was set to disabled....
b7b2b8e6a53c38bace44ac38482c00de.jpg

That one stays disabled. You don’t want to be changing any settings other than cabin net display screen module to enabled, and cabin net integrated center stack to disabled. Otherwise we’re going to start having other variables to backtrack. Can you get me some clear pics of your connector that plugs into the display screen? I need multiple clear shots of the wire colors and where the wires are inserted into the connector. Also, it could take multiple drive cycles for settings changes to the radio to take, so when you start changing settings back and forth, it resets that process every time. The quickest way I’ve found to force the radio to pick up new settings is pull the radio fuse for 15 minutes, reinstall it, drive the truck a couple blocks, shut it down, drive back home, shut it down, and restart it- then the change has taken effect.

Reactions: Ozz

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know the dealer code for the uax?

The dealer code (sales code) for the UAX radio is...UAX. You also need to have them enable the dual zone ATC sales code, which is HAF.

dougstheman86

Reaction score
That one stays disabled. You don’t want to be changing any settings other than cabin net display screen module to enabled, and cabin net integrated center stack to disabled. Otherwise we’re going to start having other variables to backtrack. Can you get me some clear pics of your connector that plugs into the display screen? I need multiple clear shots of the wire colors and where the wires are inserted into the connector. Also, it could take multiple drive cycles for settings changes to the radio to take, so when you start changing settings back and forth, it resets that process every time. The quickest way I’ve found to force the radio to pick up new settings is pull the radio fuse for 15 minutes, reinstall it, drive the truck a couple blocks, shut it down, drive back home, shut it down, and restart it- then the change has taken effect.

Ok I’ll get good pictures tomorrow, I’ve been trying to find the fuse to pull but can’t find it...I’ve been just taking off the battery terminal each time. I didn’t think it took multiple drive cycles to take effect, how it was written up...I would make the changes, pull the battery terminal and let it sit an hour...

Users who are viewing this thread