5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

dougstheman86

Reaction score
I’m not sure what you mean? @Jimmy07 he’s all my connectors
733bef5800b006f54eadadd33f724375.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not sure what you mean? @Jimmy07 he’s all my connectors
733bef5800b006f54eadadd33f724375.jpg

Those colors of wires on the two bypass connectors in the junction blocks, I need to know what the numbered positions those same wires are inserted in on this connector-
XktMkhV.jpg

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
5ad8874cd98dc8d66f1e99f7007f874e.jpg

@Jimmy07, like that man?

On the female connector that I circled in blue above, I’m looking to see what numbered positions the wires from the two junction block connectors are in. Using this schematic-
1pzkETN.jpg

Is there a green wire in #3, a white wire in #11, a yellow wire in #14, and a blue wire in #6 (I can’t tell what color it is but appears blue? The one the blue arrow is pointing to-
mdEu2C9.jpg

dougstheman86

Reaction score
@Jimmy07, yes the arrow you drew is a blue/yellow wire and it’s the bypass cables

dougstheman86

Reaction score
Should I just order this bypass then? Idk what else to do..

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Should I just order this bypass then? Idk what else to do..

The one you have is hooked up and wired properly, so it’s doing the exact same thing as the infotainment one will. On the Android version, there is a option to turn on debug recording so you can go through the motions of making the setting change up to the point of failure, and you could submit that log to the developer so he can see exactly what is going wrong. I don’t see that option with the windows version, though, unless someone else knows where it’s at? Other than that, I can’t think of anything else.

dougstheman86

Reaction score
I guess my only hope left is to go out and buy a cheap android phone then. I was using my neighbor’s.... losing hope here seems to me like the ALFA program isn’t communicating with the OBD correctly or something I have no clue.

Cruzman05thgen

Reaction score
What is everyone install their alphaobd to? Tablet? Laptop? I’m looking into getting a windows tablet just wanting to make sure I get the correct thing.

dougstheman86

Reaction score
Windows isn’t working for crap for me

dougstheman86

Reaction score
Idk, apparently the ALFA app was updated and it’s now not communicating with my OBD. I’m about to buy a android phone though and try it that way.
4eb88c6b26d1dacb1466ab38e3d9f6c7.jpg

dougstheman86

Reaction score
I didn’t get a android phone yet, plus I’m gonna have to wait the night to even get the license code for it since the ALFA developer is in Germany I think?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t get a android phone yet, plus I’m gonna have to wait the night to even get the license code for it since the ALFA developer is in Germany I think?

The Android AlfaOBD app is immediately yours and live once you download it from the google play store. No waiting for a license.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online