5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen Ram 1500 30" Light Bar Bracket Set

Hawkshot99

Reaction score
I’d love some ideas where people are mounting switches as well for anyone willing to share!
I have a system on/off switch to the side of the dimmer, but the high beams is the trigger to turn on the lightbar.
20220826_130711.jpg

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
@Shifts And Grins Fab - just checking back in with you to see if we’re any closer to being able to purchase the newest version brackets with extra holes for the other trims yet?
I have them back from powder coat. If you place an order soon, make sure you specify in the notes you want that version. We still have some of the previous gen brackets packaged and ready to ship so if it isn't specified, you could get the older ones until those are gone.

Watts

Reaction score
I have them back from powder coat. If you place an order soon, make sure you specify in the notes you want that version. We still have some of the previous gen brackets packaged and ready to ship so if it isn't specified, you could get the older ones until those are gone.

Nice! I just ordered mine with a note requesting the newest version.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Just wondering if you have a picture of the final product of version 4 of the brackets, so I know how I can mimic it on my 3rd generation brackets 😁
Just wondering if you have a picture of the final product of version 4 of the brackets, so I know how I can mimic it on my 3rd generation brackets 😁
0584D25A-AB1B-47D1-80BA-EE1492ED4713.jpeg FAABB62A-9173-4A40-9023-74F7C8E64EDE.jpeg

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
Looks like the modified ones I did for my ram on an earlier version. Look great and they work just as well. Dual row curved 30 is butter. I did go through the bumper grill opening when the grill was out to set her in there then bolted the grille in then the bar from underneth/backside.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like the modified ones I did for my ram on an earlier version. Look great and they work just as well. Dual row curved 30 is butter. I did go through the bumper grill opening when the grill was out to set her in there then bolted the grille in then the bar from underneth/backside.
Not a bad plan. It is pretty tight in there.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
did the same with my single row led non-curved led bar. Also through the grill opening. gently put it there on the plastic bottom piece. Installed the open grill part and then bolted the led bar.

I will adjust my brackets so it will also be more centered but still a pity that I didn't bought the double row light bar.

Watts

Reaction score
Has anyone removed the bumper completely to install the brackets/light? Seems pretty minimal work to remove - two plastic trim pieces and 6 bolts. I’m considering it so I can set the bumper on a table instead of struggling on my back under the truck.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Has anyone removed the bumper completely to install the brackets/light? Seems pretty minimal work to remove - two plastic trim pieces and 6 bolts. I’m considering it so I can set the bumper on a table instead of struggling on my back under the truck.
The bumper is super easy to remove. I only remove the bumper for the TRX install though. The 5th Gen 1500 install is pretty quick and easy with the bumper on.

Watts

Reaction score
I did some pre-work today for my upcoming install. I’m still waiting on my replacement grill to show up to do the actual install, but I took some time to get the switch installed. I’m using the Rough Country light bar, and I was less than impressed with their switch so I bought a cheap o Amazon round button to use instead. Pretty happy with the location I picked.

Attachments

• 616FCF18-6607-438F-BC28-656E1725BD99.jpeg
    616FCF18-6607-438F-BC28-656E1725BD99.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 76

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I did some pre-work today for my upcoming install. I’m still waiting on my replacement grill to show up to do the actual install, but I took some time to get the switch installed. I’m using the Rough Country light bar, and I was less than impressed with their switch so I bought a cheap o Amazon round button to use instead. Pretty happy with the location I picked.
Very nice!

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
Today had time to fit that extra hole in the bracket to fit the led light higher. We drilled on the bracket as high as possible. Which makes it 1,5 cm higher. Which is 0,59 inch for you guys

sbbxeBo.png

and the result is perfect, it is in the middle of the grille opening now, as you can see it is centered behind the parking sensor

RaNnuOV.png

Also adjusted the high beams, that the led bar goes on when the high beams are on, by soldering an extra cable on the green/white cable that's inserted in the headlight unit.

It was a bit of panic after testing that only the high beam on the right headlight and the led bar went on, but after a few cycles of vehicle starts, the issue reset it self. Probably cause the plug was out of the headlight unit, although no error codes or notifications were given in the car that there is something wrong with the headlights.

So I see a bit of improvement, now that the LED bar is placed more centered, but still I am surprised about the fact that the LED bar isn't brighter, especially if you see the amount of lumens it throws out.
Specs from the website:
  • 12000 lumens
  • 150 watts
  • Contains 30, 5 watt High Intensity CREE LEDs
  • 30 degree spot beam
So a pity I didn't went for the double row led bar although the difference in lumen/watts isn't much.
  • 14400 lumens
  • 180 watts
  • Contains 60, 3 watt High Intensity CREE LEDs
  • 8 degree spot / 90 degree flood combo pattern
Maybe wiring the fog lights to go on with the high beams could be an option.

I am not a fan of A pillar lights on a Limited trim, so I am wondering if there are other, discreet places, to put small aux lights. Someone tried on the tow hooks? I know they exist for the rear tow hooks, but didn't see them for the fronts.

Last edited:

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Today had time to fit that extra hole in the bracket to fit the led light higher. We drilled on the bracket as high as possible. Which makes it 1,5 cm higher. Which is 0,59 inch for you guys

sbbxeBo.png

and the result is perfect, it is in the middle of the grille opening now, as you can see it is centered behind the parking sensor

RaNnuOV.png

Also adjusted the high beams, that the led bar goes on when the high beams are on, by soldering an extra cable on the green/white cable that's inserted in the headlight unit.

It was a bit of panic after testing that only the high beam on the right headlight and the led bar went on, but after a few cycles of vehicle starts, the issue reset it self. Probably cause the plug was out of the headlight unit, although no error codes or notifications were given in the car that there is something wrong with the headlights.

So I see a bit of improvement, now that the LED bar is placed more centered, but still I am surprised about the fact that the LED bar isn't brighter, especially if you see the amount of lumens it throws out.
Specs from the website:
  • 12000 lumens
  • 150 watts
  • Contains 30, 5 watt High Intensity CREE LEDs
  • 30 degree spot beam
So a pity I didn't went for the double row led bar although the difference in lumen/watts isn't much.
  • 14400 lumens
  • 180 watts
  • Contains 60, 3 watt High Intensity CREE LEDs
  • 8 degree spot / 90 degree flood combo pattern
Maybe wiring the fog lights to go on with the high beams could be an option.

I am not a fan of A pillar lights on a Limited trim, so I am wondering if there are other, discreet places, to put small aux lights. Someone tried on the tow hooks? I know they exist for the rear tow hooks, but didn't see them for the fronts.
Looks great. We now have the new style with added slot up top. You all spoke and we listened. If you need the new style please specify in your order notes as we have some of the inventory left from the last run. We are trying to make sure those get shipped to Rebel and TRX owners and the new style to everyone else. We are looking at other lighting options for the front. If you've seen my TRX you know I want all the lights. lol

Watts

Reaction score
Did my install today. I decided to take the bumper off completely to install. I have active air dam and needed to swap the grill as well I’m glad I removed the bumper as it was pretty tight in there even with it on the bench - it would have sucked doing all that work under the truck. I used a RC 30” dual row, and it fit perfectly in my Laramie in the upper hole of the new version bracket. 3 hours total taking my time and waiting for my wife to help me put the bumper back on.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
Did my install today. I decided to take the bumper off completely to install. I have active air dam and needed to swap the grill as well I’m glad I removed the bumper as it was pretty tight in there even with it on the bench - it would have sucked doing all that work under the truck. I used a RC 30” dual row, and it fit perfectly in my Laramie in the upper hole of the new version bracket. 3 hours total taking my time and waiting for my wife to help me put the bumper back on.
do you have a front picture of the dual row centered in the lower grill?
Are you happy with the light it throws out? And connected to the high beams or not?

Users who are viewing this thread