5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen Ram 1500 30" Light Bar Bracket Set

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, was not sure how they popped out, I picked up some new bracket/retainers just in case today at work. Just waiting to have them dropped by my office. Cannot say I have ever removed them before.

Yepper planned to check it out today/tonight. Are they painted or powder coated by the way?
They are powder coated a textured black. The texturing is pretty light. It's similar to the tow hooks or Rebel and TRX bumpers with the black textured portion. As far as the sensors go, we use little picks or pocket screwdrivers to remove them. They are pretty easy. Lightly pry out on the the retaining clips and pop them out. Knock on wood but I haven't broken any of them yet. lol

EAMN

Reaction score
I’ve had to modify some of those of those brackets for customers running larger lights. Customers were getting so much bounce the lights were ineffective. They are probably great for smaller lights but customers running larger baja designs were getting a lot of bounce. We are releasing a bracket that can be used for that area soon. Super easy installation as well. Just finalizing testing and design on them.
When that bracket is releasing from you? Was going to order the darkdune one for some ss5 but I'll wait for your bracket

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
When that bracket is releasing from you? Was going to order the darkdune one for some ss5 but I'll wait for your bracket
The prototype is done. Waiting on the CAD file for it so we can get the test set cut, bent, welded, and test fit. At that point we will release them. I am guessing somewhere around 4 weeks to release date but that is relying on other vendors to deliver their parts in the time frame they normally do.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
Excellent write-up with pictures! Thanks!
Honestly, I'm a bit underwhelmed by the additional light this brings, so indeed, I guess changing the position of the led bar might help with this. Would be very interested in some more pictures after you made any changes.
It's great to see though, as for now, it tempers my enthusiasm a bit for doing this upgrade :) So thanks!
I know what you mean.
I also was a bit surprised that a 12 000 lumen led bar doesn't seem to be brighter then the high beams, it floods more. And the double row version is 14 000 lumens, so not much more.
So I also assume that, putting it more centered in the lower grill will improve it.

Only will see if and when we do this. Cause you actually have to start overnew with the installation.

On those nuts, just a guess, are they an 8mm? Just curious if you recall at all. If not no worries.

I'll be doing mine this weekend, And I'll likely remove the active flap for work room and reinstall it when done. It is pretty crammed in there with it in place. Do you recall the size of bolt on those. I have been googling but haven't see the wrench size. But I'm just being overly prepared at this point.

I am as good as sure it was 8mm. The ones that hold the plastic grill.

Last edited:

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
Trimmed the ends up for a little more space for fitment. And put a top slot in. Did not measure. I totally wing it with what I have read and hope to have the dual row close to centered. But I have two mounting spots to test what way is going to fit the bar to the opening.

Going to puff the ends and exposed metal. Once dry I’ll be getting them in and mounted. Probably dropping the active flap out of the way. I’ll reinstall once the bar is in.

3747899cfdebe4d2fb51359feb0e69a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
7f4d6d71a2c43e9b038bd0b70e9335c6.jpg

Double row curved is in. Just need to pull the wires up to the trigger 4 box and mount that to the fuse box lid and tap the yellow on it to a keyed power source in the box. Def got me thirsty now. Shout out to my kid for helping holt the grille in to get the fasteners in and be sure it’s flush/tight.

For what it’s worth. I used the holes/slot I made that was a touch higher. And it was money!

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
so the one opening for the bracket screw and the opening you made yourself for the LED bar?
it looks like it is very close to the grill. Doesn't it gets to close to the sensors?

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
Plenty of space between the grille and the front park sensors. And if you tan a straight bar you would have even more.

This bar is a 30” dual row curved.

I can say I’m glad this thread is here. With out trimming the ends of the mounts a bit. Or making the new holes (moving them up a bit to center the bar) I would have been a bit grumpy. I modified the brackets before I even crawled under the truck to be honest. And it sounds like the new brackets on the new revision will be built this way when they ship now.

So huge kudos to everyone that shared their experience. (To get lower grill out I used an 8mm, trim tool, and the rest was 13mm FWIW. Also dust gets in lower clips, drop of penetrating oil worked to get them slide pin clips moving easier)

I can say I put the bar in with the lower grill still removed. I set it in the bottom of the front bumper. Installed the grill the put the bar into its brackets. I didn’t adjust the brackets with the grill out. Then i set the light bay down in the front bumper to get the grill in. Not sure how you would get to all the fasteners with the bar mounted to be honest.

Overall. Simple process. Brackets worked super slick.

Installing the Trigger 4 Plus controller made it a breeze as well. I used a fuse tap on the PCM fuse for the controller’s ignition on source. I pinned through the main fuse box and that pretty slim pickings for key on only power. I really didn’t want to use the PCM fuse. But limitations pushed me to. So I let the truck sit overnight to load all my settings back (my invest in a 9v battery deal to prevent that in the future).

So I have not been out on the road at night yet. But it centered up perfectly with the new upper mount holds I did on the brackets.

I did yellow in color as this will be used mostly in winter/dusty spots out on the farm on backroads etc.

Should work pretty slick. I have a couple other things in the works as well

Watts

Reaction score
Any updates on timing of updated bracket design? I have a Laramie so I want to be sure to get the updated version for my install.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
22a748022d8e0b76b253872e7890cb7f.jpg

For those worried about the bar not being perfectly centered. This is a single row RC bar on my Laramie, all my other lights are turned off. And no special settings on my phone to make the pic brighter.

byebyebowtie

Reaction score
without me having to read back... with the current design (on a laramie) will a double row LED bar be centered without modification?

Watts

Reaction score
I’d love some ideas where people are mounting switches as well for anyone willing to share!

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I bought this switch and mounted on the blank area on the dash to the right of the dimmer switch panel. Within ease of reach

Car DIY Switch Paste Type Wired LED Switch Rocker Switch ON/Off Universal DC12V Switch for Motorcycle/Auto Car Various Lamps and Lanterns https://a.co/d/aIVb3wI

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
I’d love some ideas where people are mounting switches as well for anyone willing to share!
I am running a Trigger 4 Plus. No wires are run into the cab. And I control it with my phone on the app via Bluetooth. Super slick. I had the wireless switches in the arm rest. But I am just going to toss them into the box and not carry them with me. The app works great. Allows you to dim them etc. as well as offers strobe effect. (Not something I'll use myself honestly, but someone may)

Users who are viewing this thread