5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update on my Rebel. Dealship said the date changed again... to tomorrow! Hopefully early because I'm working more than 16 on Friday! I will update next with pictures.... HOPEFULLY! I still don't believe it until it is here!

Also, what's a good "checklist" to go through for the truck?
Congrats!

dammitbobby

Reaction score
One other thing to note for everyone - Limited Level A's are shipping like crazy to dealers now. I think 8/09 is the oldest window sticker that I've seen so far. Most were built last week.
Still no movement on mine hopefully it ships soon. Sunday will be a month since it went into production.

KubotaTed

Reaction score
thanks Pete. I wont like it I can tell you that without looking at it. my last 5 trucks have had 100% leather seats and that's what I like.

When I was climbing into the truck, I noticed the inserts immediately and (to me) it was pretty cringe-worthy. I kind of thought any Limited package was kind of sacred.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
Congrats!

This is very helpful - thanks!
Full tank of gas? Did I get taken in the past?

Pikeman_66

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I was climbing into the truck, I noticed the inserts immediately and (to me) it was pretty cringe-worthy. I kind of thought any Limited package was kind of sacred.
I have all black interiors thank God it might blend better than I am expecting but the brown one I seen is definitely but ugly!! it's a shame to put all that Leather in the truck everywhere then put those crappy cloth inserts in the seats. I am already searching for custom seat covers. only prob is nobody has them for 2025 yet except cat skins through Mopar accessory's.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
My dealer always gives me a full tank of gas when I get my new ones.
I ordered thru Mark Dodge (Anthony), so my truck is going to be shipped from LA to NY. Not sure how that will work. I'll have to ask Anthony -- or if anyone else has experience with a shipped truck, lmk.

UNSAFE

Reaction score
I ordered thru Mark Dodge (Anthony), so my truck is going to be shipped from LA to NY. Not sure how that will work. I'll have to ask Anthony -- or if anyone else has experience with a shipped truck, lmk.
I also ordered from Mark Dodge (Anthony). I have a related question. When the vehicle is shipped instead of being being picked up in person, when the vehicle is delivered, do you then use the checklist to evaluate it and check for any issues? What if an issue is identified, how is that resolved?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also ordered from Mark Dodge (Anthony). I have a related question. When the vehicle is shipped instead of being being picked up in person, when the vehicle is delivered, do you then use the checklist to evaluate it and check for any issues? What if an issue is identified, how is that resolved?
Dealerships do a full PDI (pre delivery inspection) upon receiving the vehicle and before it gets sold.

I've just happened to see two of my ordered trucks before they were checked in (one was a night drop, the other I was driving by and saw the carrier turn in).

PetePA

Reaction score
I have all black interiors thank God it might blend better than I am expecting but the brown one I seen is definitely but ugly!! it's a shame to put all that Leather in the truck everywhere then put those crappy cloth inserts in the seats. I am already searching for custom seat covers. only prob is nobody has them for 2025 yet except cat skins through Mopar accessory's.

Agree entirely. I would not get the brown/red because of the cloth. It doesn't look good. However, it looks very good with black on black from what I can see in videos. Realistically, I doubt the cloth material is anything but high-end quality, so I bet you'll be good with it. Fingers crossed!

Peterhenric

Reaction score
I spoke with Anthony about this and he said the following.
They do their own inspection to verify everything is 100% before they will load the truck onto a trailer to be shipped and delivered to the customer. If anything happens to the truck in transit there is a separate insurance policy that will cover incidental damage so that it can be fixed when you take delivery in your home state. The other option is you fly in and pick up the truck and take delivery like normal and then drive home.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
They do their own inspection to verify everything is 100% before they will load the truck onto a trailer to be shipped and delivered to the customer. If anything happens to the truck in transit there is a separate insurance policy that will cover incidental damage so that it can be fixed when you take delivery in your home state. The other option is you fly in and pick up the truck and take delivery like normal and then drive home.
Correct. The trucks actually get inspected a few different times for different purposes before they go out.
Firstly, the earlier in process we find a problem - the easier it is to chargeback to RAM for us to fix it. The later in the process something is found, God forbid by customer, the more expensive and cumbersome it is.

Funny thing about the gas - if the vehicle is going to Hawaii or Alaska it actually CANNOT have a full tank of gas. We had to pay extra at port to drain gas on some trucks going to Hawaii - which is a VERY expensive process lol.

Peterhenric

Reaction score
To everyone that has strong feelings about the leather seats actually not being 100% leather, I have a question for you. There has been talk about getting seat covers or actually going so far as to replace the leather and have new leather installed. Both of these options really surprise me. Seat covers never look or feel as good and honestly they are usually very clunky. The idea of taking a brand new truck and removing the leather just to have a different type install that seems even more aggressive to me. I wonder if there is a good reason that ram didn’t have the seats be 100% leather? I know that fabric will usually breathe a little better than leather so maybe that helps with the ventilated seats?
At this point the seats are what they are so you can either cancel your order or deal with it. I don’t know how ram will ever be willing to put new leather on your seats because of false advertising.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
Correct. The trucks actually get inspected a few different times for different purposes before they go out.
Firstly, the earlier in process we find a problem - the easier it is to chargeback to RAM for us to fix it. The later in the process something is found, God forbid by customer, the more expensive and cumbersome it is.

Funny thing about the gas - if the vehicle is going to Hawaii or Alaska it actually CANNOT have a full tank of gas. We had to pay extra at port to drain gas on some trucks going to Hawaii - which is a VERY expensive process lol.
Thanks for weighing in Anthony! Does that mean shipping to CONUS will be with full tank of gas?
Completely agree and understand that finding anything early is lower cost (and lower aggregation) for everyone involved. Does Mark Dodge go the distance like in the linked punchlist above? (actually drive it, shift into 4High, 4Low, and all that? - it's an incredibly detailed list)

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The cloth inserts have been going on since 2022 model year when they started the premium quilted leather seats in indigo/sea salt:
IMG_0807.jpeg
IMG_0806.jpeg

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for weighing in Anthony! Does that mean shipping to CONUS will be with full tank of gas?
Completely agree and understand that finding anything early is lower cost (and lower aggregation) for everyone involved. Does Mark Dodge go the distance like in the linked punchlist above? (actually drive it, shift into 4High, 4Low, and all that? - it's an incredibly detailed list)
Yes full tank.

And yes for PDI we actually built an entirely separate facility (on the same property) that ONLY does PDI. This way they have their own space, own tools, own team, all for PDI. So your truck is not waiting in line behind a neighbor's oil change, brake job, or warranty work. the guys who do the PDI are doing it every day. When they're doing an RHO.... they're not like "yippee I finally got one" it's, "ok, we know what to look for." And yes that uses some miles! the vehicles are delivered to us with a laundry list of things that have to get verified, quite a few of which require a few miles. My personal truck got to me with 17 miles, for example.

UNSAFE

Reaction score

Yes full tank.

And yes for PDI we actually built an entirely separate facility (on the same property) that ONLY does PDI. This way they have their own space, own tools, own team, all for PDI. So your truck is not waiting in line behind a neighbor's oil change, brake job, or warranty work. the guys who do the PDI are doing it every day. When they're doing an RHO.... they're not like "yippee I finally got one" it's, "ok, we know what to look for." And yes that uses some miles! the vehicles are delivered to us with a laundry list of things that have to get verified, quite a few of which require a few miles. My personal truck got to me with 17 miles, for example.
Thanks @Anthony! Good info and gives me peace of mind when having delivered. Would you be able to share the PDI checklist or is it proprietary?

UNSAFE

Reaction score
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread