5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
This to me is somewhat good news… keep them fix them and then give us our trucks. I do not want to get a 85k truck to just have to take it back to the dealer for a problem they don’t know how to fix. Yes it sucks for all of us that don’t have our trucks now but in the long run it will be better.
somewhat agree with you on that, while Ram has totally screwed the pooch on this release and the mismanagement of the whole process probably should be reviewed. how this has been handled is unforgivable, it has been 7 months now of waiting, I darn sure don't want a truck that's going to be at the dealers more than in my garage. I am fed up but whats the alternative as the competition while they have trucks, they are not what I have hyped myself up to wanting.

jhoffman63

Reaction score
When I checked my tracker this morning I got this
ORDER STATUS

Vehicle Built​

Your vehicle has been built and will be shipped to your selected dealership.

1. Order ConfirmedFeb-15-2024
  2. ScheduledJun-24-2024
  3. In ProductionJul-25-2024
  4. Vehicle BuiltAug-13-2024
  5. ShippedTBD
message. Looks like progress.
I ordered mine on Feb 20th so hopefully I'm next

Ramboy13

Reaction score
It's just a crummy position to be in. I've mentioned how much time my 2014 spent in the shop. The air suspension was the biggest issue, but there were many. it would be 6 weeks minimum each time. I had a lifetime maxcare warranty, so it was "only". $100 - but... it was literally months out of each year for several years that I was without the truck. I really do NOT want to go through that again. In fact, that's why I'm here looking for a new truck.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's just a crummy position to be in. I've mentioned how much time my 2014 spent in the shop. The air suspension was the biggest issue, but there were many. it would be 6 weeks minimum each time. I had a lifetime maxcare warranty, so it was "only". $100 - but... it was literally months out of each year for several years that I was without the truck. I really do NOT want to go through that again. In fact, that's why I'm here looking for a new truck.
My 19 has about 47 pages of repairs / repair notes last time I had the dealer print it out, so I hear ya, yet I'm back to ordering one lol.

The 19 I have now isn't the one I ordered...since that one wasn't built for 20 weeks after I ordered it, the dealer started to want to adjust my trade values, etc...i had them look across the area and found something similar about 300 miles away, which they went and got.

Note to self and others...don't buy the truck that was built one the 2nd week of production on a new production line / facility for a model refresh....which is exactly what happened with this one.

So I'm fine sitting back "some" and having them fix the issues.

Having said that, MaxCare is going on this one as well.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 19 has about 47 pages of repairs / repair notes last time I had the dealer print it out, so I hear ya, yet I'm back to ordering one lol.

The 19 I have now isn't the one I ordered...since that one wasn't built for 20 weeks after I ordered it, the dealer started to want to adjust my trade values, etc...i had them look across the area and found something similar about 300 miles away, which they went and got.

Note to self and others...don't buy the truck that was built one the 2nd week of production on a new production line / facility for a model refresh....which is exactly what happened with this one.

Crazy, I've had two '19s, both pretty flawless. My ordered '19 was built in June 2018 and I sold it when I went back to a company car a year later. Bought my current Limited a few years ago, built 6 months after my first and problem free.

Ramboy13

Reaction score

MaxCare was in my plans from the first, without question. It's pretty pricey, and we can't get the lifetime anymore, but all it will take is one or two repairs and it pays for itself. Some days I wish I could go back to the cars/trucks I had when I was younger. Yep, I had to actually crank the windows (imagine!) but I could pop the hood and work on it. Now, it's very rare that I can do anything myself beyond normal maintenance.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Crazy, I've had two '19s, both pretty flawless. My ordered '19 was built in June 2018 and I sold it when I went back to a company car a year later. Bought my current Limited a few years ago, built 6 months after my first and problem free.
Definitely crazy ..I think I ordered at the same time as you in 2018. Had I known that the current truck was like a 2nd week of March 2018 build, no way I would have taken it lol. 4 radios, steering rack, multiple switches, grounding recalls (it's fun to lose power steering at 70mph around a corner), and a boat load of tower one offs, including rusted off exhaust bolts / brackets after 7 months.

So this launch to me seems similar in regards to quality issues...except they should have gotten thru the majority of them already...it would be interesting to know if it's the power train change cause the majority of the issues, etc., but I doubt we'll ever know.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
MaxCare was in my plans from the first, without question. It's pretty pricey, and we can't get the lifetime anymore, but all it will take is one or two repairs and it pays for itself. Some days I wish I could go back to the cars/trucks I had when I was younger. Yep, I had to actually crank the windows (imagine!) but I could pop the hood and work on it. Now, it's very rare that I can do anything myself beyond normal maintenance.
I hear ya. I have the lifetime warranty on this current one with a $200 deductible.... definitely looking at probably one of the 100,000 mile ones when the actually make the truck 😂

Ramboy13

Reaction score
Definitely crazy ..I think I ordered at the same time as you in 2018. Had I known that the current truck was like a 2nd week of March 2018 build, no way I would have taken it lol. 4 radios, steering rack, multiple switches, grounding recalls (it's fun to lose power steering at 70mph around a corner), and a boat load of tower one offs, including rusted off exhaust bolts / brackets after 7 months.

So this launch to me seems similar in regards to quality issues...except they should have gotten thru the majority of them already...it would be interesting to know if it's the power train change cause the majority of the issues, etc., but I doubt we'll ever know.
I really hope they've fixed the air suspension too. I had many mechanics totally frustrated with the system, and telling me Ram should've never sold them in the north. I had every single part of that system replaced, and it still never worked right. and like you, there were a host of other things. the radio was a pain - $1000 to replace, and that didn't include the "programming" that they tried to not cover under warranty. the exhaust manifold bolts are a well known PITA. why they would only replace the broken ones is beyond me. it'd be a few months and two more would go.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I really hope they've fixed the air suspension too. I had many mechanics totally frustrated with the system, and telling me Ram should've never sold them in the north. I had every single part of that system replaced, and it still never worked right. and like you, there were a host of other things. the radio was a pain - $1000 to replace, and that didn't include the "programming" that they tried to not cover under warranty. the exhaust manifold bolts are a well known PITA. why they would only replace the broken ones is beyond me. it'd be a few months and two more would go.
The one on my 19 hasn't had any issues. I believe the DTs has a different system that the older model

Ski Bum

Reaction score
Captain Obvious here for an important reminder.....automative manufacturing is likely an incredibly complex process. While I share in the concern and frustration waiting for an expensive truck, and appreciate all the insights, comments, etc. - we are only seeing a sliver of the end to end process and cannot possibly reverse engineer what causes issues in quality, speed, etc. - but it is good therapy to vent and to share what folks are actually seeing/hearing/experiencing. I'm sure plenty of smart people are working to improve things.
Now where did I put that Toyota brochure? :)

Peterhenric

Reaction score
Sometimes it is good to vent but you can't vent to someone in the same situation otherwise you just end up riling each other up. :LOL:
You vent to your wife and she listens to you and then tells you to suck it up.

Back to wondering what exactly the manufacturing issues are, it's a safe bet that it is related to the bigger screens, surround cameras, or something only on the higher level trucks. Right? Or is it something to do with the HO motors?

Scotty3585

Reaction score
Just got a text from my dealer stating that my truck was built and it's now in storage. How long do they usually keep them in storage for until they're shipped?

PetePA

Reaction score
Sometimes it is good to vent but you can't vent to someone in the same situation otherwise you just end up riling each other up. :LOL:
You vent to your wife and she listens to you and then tells you to suck it up.

Back to wondering what exactly the manufacturing issues are, it's a safe bet that it is related to the bigger screens, surround cameras, or something only on the higher level trucks. Right? Or is it something to do with the HO motors?

That's not quite how it goes for me. There are usually some eye rolls and f-bombs before and after the "suck it up". And the listening part? Um no. :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread