5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ramboy13

Reaction score
Same answer I got when I called about my limited. I called back and they said the case was closed out and referred me to rams website where I can check the status of my build…
They just run you in a circle, with no intention of ever giving a substantial answer. It would honestly be better if they would just say "We can't tell you yet."

JayDoc

Reaction score
Talked to my dealer today. He said that unfortunately, the website is pretty misleading. That Tungsten truck is not built yet. There are no Tungsten trim level trucks inbound or on the ground nationwide currently. The plant is retooling for production of the hybrid and electric models so it's going to be a while.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
Talked to my dealer today. He said that unfortunately, the website is pretty misleading. That Tungsten truck is not built yet. There are no Tungsten trim level trucks inbound or on the ground nationwide currently. The plant is retooling for production of the hybrid and electric models so it's going to be a while.
Hard time reconciling this info with what Anthony showed yesterday.

charger1

Reaction score
Called my local dealer yesterday and he mentioned that both Tungsten's and Limited's with the night edition trim are still on restriction. I'd like to order a Tungsten but looks like it might be a while longer...

Ramboy13

Reaction score
Called my local dealer yesterday and he mentioned that both Tungsten's and Limited's with the night edition trim are still on restriction. I'd like to order a Tungsten but looks like it might be a while longer...
You probably know that the Tungsten isn’t supposed to be able to be configured with Night Edition. Strange. Makes no sense. And there are rumors that it will change.
I hope it does!
My wish is to order a tungsten w/ night edition in forged blue metallic. I saw a grand wagoneer with this color and the black out option, and thought it was very sharp.

JayDoc

Reaction score
You probably know that the Tungsten isn’t supposed to be able to be configured with Night Edition. Strange. Makes no sense. And there are rumors that it will change.
I hope it does!
My wish is to order a tungsten w/ night edition in forged blue metallic. I saw a grand wagoneer with this color and the black out option, and thought it was very sharp.
I agree. Since I ordered it before that was an option (if it will be) I will be night editioning it myself.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Ohh joy. My mechanic buddy told me about something I don't think has been mentioned here. I don't know if it will affect builds or not.

No this is a "dealer management system" software so it is a software suite that can provide some or most of dealership functions.
This can range from actual deal creating software, customer resource management, websites, appointment booking, etc.
But it is not a stellantis problem.

it may slow down dealerships from being able to create documents for signing orders etc but not actually placing them.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
I ordered a Tungsten on Feb 15. I recently got an email stating that my Tungsten has been scheduled and that the expected shipping date is August 5th.
That's great news. The next thing will be how long it takes from "ship date" to when you're driving it.

trmc47

Reaction score
That's great news. The next thing will be how long it takes from "ship date" to when you're driving it.
Only time will tell. I have several concerns. I ordered the Tungsten from Mark Dodge in Lake Charles Louisiana. Looks like they will get my truck in the height of hurricane season. When I ordered it in February, I never thought that I might have to deal with a hurricane. Louisiana is often a target for hurricanes. I live in Florida, so I either have to go pick the truck up or have it shipped. I still haven't decided about which way to go. It's 700 miles to drive and I don't want to do the breakin doing 80+ miles an hour. Shipping in an enclosed carrier is about $1,500 so that is probably the way I will go. Mark Dodge's price was thousands of dollars less than any dealer in Florida.

lonepeak

Reaction score
I ordered a Tungsten on Feb 15. I recently got an email stating that my Tungsten has been scheduled and that the expected shipping date is August 5th.
Good news for sure! That must mean the A Equipment group is available for the Limiteds but not sure they are producing any right now. Have held off calling my dealer as I'm thinking there won't be any Limiteds for awhile due to the July factory closure. Don't want the first one off the line so to speak anyway.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
My limited with level A equipment group was scheduled on June 24. No estimated ship date yet though. It was just updated within the last 2 days. So the ram website to track it is definitely behind a little. Ordered 4/30

PetePA

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm the only one here hoping for the forged blue, but FWIW here's a window sticker with it:

Hoping now to get some info if this means it might come off restriction soon.

I'm so on the fence. Seriously considering cancelling my billet silver for a forged blue, but I don't think I will.

Users who are viewing this thread