5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Hello everyone, brand new to these forums as I will be switching from Ford to Ram. I was trying to look through available inventory round here in Vegas and wasn’t finding anything as well equipped as I would have liked. Reading through this thread enlightened me as to why. I was originally hoping to place an order with a local dealership but now I’m wondering how long that will really take. Some of you have been waiting for ages. That doesn’t give me the warm and fuzzies as patience for new toys has never been my strong suit.
Oh well, I might not have any other options as I am really sold on these new Rams. Was hoping for a limited with the technology package and the blackout package. I was originally thinking about the 14.5” screen but since it really only seems to convert physical buttons to digital buttons, I’m wondering if that’s even necessary. Does anyone know if you can end up using that screen area for something else?
welcome to the boards, I too and making the switch from Chevy to Ram. all I can say so far after having only ordered my Chevy's for 25 years when compared to Rams ordering process the difference is night and day in Chevy's favor. speaking Soley on the order process. as far as the truck I still believe Ram brings more to the table for those seeking a comfortable but yet still firm truck experience. I looked at fords and they still feel cheap to me on the interior.

MT755

Reaction score
Hello everyone, brand new to these forums as I will be switching from Ford to Ram. I was trying to look through available inventory round here in Vegas and wasn’t finding anything as well equipped as I would have liked. Reading through this thread enlightened me as to why. I was originally hoping to place an order with a local dealership but now I’m wondering how long that will really take. Some of you have been waiting for ages. That doesn’t give me the warm and fuzzies as patience for new toys has never been my strong suit.
Oh well, I might not have any other options as I am really sold on these new Rams. Was hoping for a limited with the technology package and the blackout package. I was originally thinking about the 14.5” screen but since it really only seems to convert physical buttons to digital buttons, I’m wondering if that’s even necessary. Does anyone know if you can end up using that screen area for something else?
One thing to consider about the long wait times are that you could order one before they started making the 25's and they had a supplier that caused them to court to get figured out.

Peterhenric

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone’s input. Patience is a virtue and I’ve decided that if I’m going to spend $90k on a truck, I’d rather wait and make it the exact truck I want. As I have usually ordered Fords through a Fleet account, we will see how this process compares.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone’s input. Patience is a virtue and I’ve decided that if I’m going to spend $90k on a truck, I’d rather wait and make it the exact truck I want. As I have usually ordered Fords through a Fleet account, we will see how this process compares.
I'm with you (however unfortunate that might be). I'm frustrated as hell, but not willing to pay $90k for second best because I can't wait a few months, and then drive second best for years.
I would like to order a Tungsten, in Forged Blue Metallic, and ideally with the Night Edition -- none of which is currently possible.

Peterhenric

Reaction score
Are there delays on the night edition orders? I am looking for a White pearl (or whatever they call the color) Limited Night Edition with the Technology package. Several other options as well but those are the main ones.

PetePA

Reaction score
Are there delays on the night edition orders? I am looking for a White pearl (or whatever they call the color) Limited Night Edition with the Technology package. Several other options as well but those are the main ones.

It appears that Ram is doing a phased launch (rumor is that it's due to parts procurement, but that's just rumor). It might be a combination of strategy and parts limitations.

For example, I was informed that Forged Blue Metallic would be a late 2024 release, but that color is currently being used for Wagoneers (River Rock is what it's called for Wagoneer) so certainly it's not a parts limitation.

If you look at the 2025 Manufacturing Observations thread, I have some graphs. It seems that every few weeks, Ram ramps a new trim up. For example, they're currently ramping up Limiteds. That was preceeded by Tradesmen and before that it was Rebel.

I'm assuming, since they have one Limited Level A in production that the higher-end limiteds will be next, followed by Tungsten. Once all the trims are being manufactured, I believe they will start adding complexity by offering the Forged Blue Metallic color, night editions... and then the RHO, Ramcharger and Rev.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
I'm sorry if I confused things! Thanks Pete for clarifying (nicely done). I was just saying that Night Edition isn't available on the Tungsten. Rumors that maybe it will be someday, but rumors abound. I'm not sure about actual production numbers of other trim levels with this package. And the Forged Blue is just a big question mark. Ram Customer Care told me late availability , but it's anyone's guess what that means.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm betting Forged Blue will show up as soon as they REV's show up on dealer lots then work it's way to the gas models.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
Boy I hope it's sooner than that. REV not planned until very late this year, which means it's more likely to be first part of next year. I did notice all the REV pictures seem to be that color, but it's beyond me why they would advertise the color (as early as last November they started), and not make it available. Clearly they have this paint for the Jeeps....

PetePA

Reaction score
Boy I hope it's sooner than that. REV not planned until very late this year, which means it's more likely to be first part of next year. I did notice all the REV pictures seem to be that color, but it's beyond me why they would advertise the color (as early as last November they started), and not make it available. Clearly they have this paint for the Jeeps....
Yes! The Forged Blue Metallic is literally the first color vehicle you see when looking at 2025 Ram 1500 on their website... and if you drill down a level where you select trim, the Limited on display is Forged Blue Metallic.

I really wanted that color, but the Billet Silver will match my boat better and I'll get it sooner probably :)

Reaction score
G'day everyone.

I decided to jump in the pool and order my first RAM. I know for a lot of owners, the Hurricane is a deal breaker but for me, it sold it. Here in Colorado, naturally aspirated engines struggle, and taken up to 7 or 8,000 feet REALLY struggle.

Placed my order on Friday 6/7/2024, and today got my VIN! Pretty awesome.

I ordered a Delmonico Red REBEL (2 tone)
Level 2 Equipment Group
Luxury Leather trimmed seats
Dual pane sunroof
Trailer brake controller (this should be standard, and is even on baby trucks like the GMC Canyon and new Tacoma (n))
33 Gallon Fuel tank
Bed Utility Group

I tried to order the Forged Blue metallic- not available yet
Tried to order the GT package (Mostly for the steering wheel mounted shift paddles) which includes the Level2 group - not available yet.

MT755

Reaction score
I'm with you (however unfortunate that might be). I'm frustrated as hell, but not willing to pay $90k for second best because I can't wait a few months, and then drive second best for years.
I would like to order a Tungsten, in Forged Blue Metallic, and ideally with the Night Edition -- none of which is currently possible.
I'd like one in hydro blue but it's not available. It's stupid.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
G'day everyone.

I decided to jump in the pool and order my first RAM. I know for a lot of owners, the Hurricane is a deal breaker but for me, it sold it. Here in Colorado, naturally aspirated engines struggle, and taken up to 7 or 8,000 feet REALLY struggle.

Placed my order on Friday 6/7/2024, and today got my VIN! Pretty awesome.

I ordered a Delmonico Red REBEL (2 tone)
Level 2 Equipment Group
Luxury Leather trimmed seats
Dual pane sunroof
Trailer brake controller (this should be standard, and is even on baby trucks like the GMC Canyon and new Tacoma (n))
33 Gallon Fuel tank
Bed Utility Group

I tried to order the Forged Blue metallic- not available yet
Tried to order the GT package (Mostly for the steering wheel mounted shift paddles) which includes the Level2 group - not available yet.
Welcome to the boards and the waiting on our orders club

Scott Bowman

Reaction score
Ordered a 2025 Tungston in early March. Have heard nothing since. A little communication, good or bad, would be appreciated.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
Ordered a 2025 Tungston in early March. Have heard nothing since. A little communication, good or bad, would be appreciated.
This is the b*tch many of us have. They have gone dark on comms. Some of us have tried Ram/Mopar directly, not just the dealers, and get nothing. It's amazing to me that second quarter will close in a couple of weeks, and they still have multiple restrictions and issues.
At least you got your order in -- we can't even place an order for Tungsten at this point. Still, three months with no communication is completely unprofessional on their part. I'm sure they're listening, but we're a very tiny percentage of their customer base, so they don't care (at least not enough to share even the most basic updates).

TroyJonesSF

Reaction score
Good morning all,

Thank you for all this good information, background and context.

That said, there is little current commentary on the 2025 Rebel X

I ordered, with most options, on May 14 and within days got an Order#. However, I have gotten no update since and have no estimated range of delivery. Grouse hunting begins in 90 days. Does anyone have any information or even rumors on when these vehicles might be scheduled for production?

I will take rumors but would love the basis for the rumor if you have it. Thanks.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Good morning all,

Thank you for all this good information, background and context.

That said, there is little current commentary on the 2025 Rebel X

I ordered, with most options, on May 14 and within days got an Order#. However, I have gotten no update since and have no estimated range of delivery. Grouse hunting begins in 90 days. Does anyone have any information or even rumors on when these vehicles might be scheduled for production?

I will take rumors but would love the basis for the rumor if you have it. Thanks.
Not sure about the rebel X but it was announced with the RHO and I believe the RHO will be available in late Q4

dcchris311

Reaction score
Not sure about the rebel X but it was announced with the RHO and I believe the RHO will be available in late Q4
I believe the RHO was supposed to be Q3 but it's now it looking like Q4 as you mentioned. Word on the street is that they'll be closing the factory for a 2 week retooling for the new trucks in July. We should see a jump in higher trim trucks late July/early August.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
I believe the RHO was supposed to be Q3 but it's now it looking like Q4 as you mentioned. Word on the street is that they'll be closing the factory for a 2 week retooling for the new trucks in July. We should see a jump in higher trim trucks late July/early August.
interesting. I thought someone said SHAP was going to be closed the entire month of July. The not-so-wonderful thing about rumors. We thought there was a 2 week shut-down in May/June, and that higher end trims would pick up after that. Anything to give us hope....

Users who are viewing this thread