5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RAM 1500

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
I like the GMC’s and really like the 6.2l, just wish their interior was like the ram’s. But this air suspension beats the magnetic ride my 16 Sierra Denali had by far.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The GMs are way overdue for a facelift or even roll back to the last generation. Their redesign took a great looking truck and made it where die hard chevy guys went and bought an F150

That's not going to happen. GMC + Chevy sold the most trucks in 2020, beating Ford by a healthy margin. Those GM twins are very well liked by most people, and if they had something resembling Ram's interior (which is coming shortly) their sales would only increase even more.

Some of that is no doubt due to Ford being beyond moldy and stale, but still; they can't be that ugly if everybody is buying them.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
That's not going to happen. GMC + Chevy sold the most trucks in 2020, beating Ford by a healthy margin. Those GM twins are very well liked by most people, and if they had something resembling Ram's interior (which is coming shortly) their sales would only increase even more.

Some of that is no doubt due to Ford being beyond moldy and stale, but still; they can't be that ugly if everybody is buying them.

I agree. GM combined full size have only beat Ford 4 times in the last 4 decades, the most recent in 2020 & 2015, so the occurrences are increasing. Ford did have the oldest lines of trucks for 2020, so I would expect GM to beat them right at the year Ford is about to introduce an all new truck. They also supposedly had more issues with Covid related plant closures.

If GM manages to beat Ford 2 years in a row combined, then that would lead me to believe something is going on. I didn't get a Trail Boss because I didn't like the interior, which is about to improve big time for the 2022 model year. I normally would go Ford next, but the 2021 isn't really exciting to me on the inside or outside. There is a good chance, GM might just start a trend here against Ford.

magic280z

Reaction score
Back on other Ram changes, the front end needs a refresh. Kill the brow and the hood badges.
Bring back the crosshair grill on certain models.
When they ditched the crosshair in 2018 they said it was because they had to separate from the Dodge brand it may also have been a push from the Dodge brand so unfortunately it is probably never coming back. The current one is definately better than the stupid 2018 version.

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 - Crew Cab/5.7 Bed - 5.7 Hemi - 3.92 - Anti Spin - Level 1 Options - RamBox - BUG

pensfan

Reaction score
When they ditched the crosshair in 2018 they said it was because they had to separate from the Dodge brand it may also have been a push from the Dodge brand so unfortunately it is probably never coming back. The current one is definately better than the stupid 2018 version.

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 - Crew Cab/5.7 Bed - 5.7 Hemi - 3.92 - Anti Spin - Level 1 Options - RamBox - BUG
The crosshair is just about gone from Dodge too. Only the Charger SXT has it. The Charger RT and other models have front ends that closely resemble the Rebel. So much for separation of brands and brand identity. Ram threw away 25 years of brand identity when they came out with the DT, no crosshair, very little fender drop, and generic grills. Companies spend millions on brand identity and Ram pissed theirs away!

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The crosshair is just about gone from Dodge too. Only the Charger SXT has it. The Charger RT and other models have front ends that closely resemble the Rebel. So much for separation of brands and brand identity. Ram threw away 25 years of brand identity when they came out with the DT, no crosshair, very little fender drop, and generic grills. Companies spend millions on brand identity and Ram pissed theirs away!
Don't think they threw anything away. The only constant in life is change. IMO they freshened it up for the better.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, the crosshair started disappearing on the 4th gens. I know the 2017, 2018 had a lot of trims with the pig nose grill, now the Classic still retains the cross hair unless you get a Warlock.

obrien

Reaction score
Well I love the dial shifter! It took me like 2 days to get used to it and I really like how easy it is to use and how much more space I have on center console. The only way I would move back to center is if they offer manual! I would love to shift my own gears and use clutch again, but I am not sure that is even possible with 8 gears.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I love the dial shifter! It took me like 2 days to get used to it and I really like how easy it is to use and how much more space I have on center console. The only way I would move back to center is if they offer manual! I would love to shift my own gears and use clutch again, but I am not sure that is even possible with 8 gears.
oh it's possible lol, you ever sit behind the wheel of a big rig with 10+ gears manual? it's something else

SD Rebel

Reaction score
One thing I really like about the dial shifter is that it will actually automatically rotate to park if you turn off the truck with it in gear or neutral.

The reason that sometimes happens with me, is that I like to set the e-brake first, let the truck settle and then put it in park so there isn't any stress added to the transmission pawl. I will, on rare occasions forget the tranny is in neutral and turn off the truck. The dial shifter will automatically shift by itself into park, which is pretty cool.

silver billet

Reaction score
The reason that sometimes happens with me, is that I like to set the e-brake first, let the truck settle and then put it in park so there isn't any stress added to the transmission pawl.

I do something similar; come to a stop, foot on brake, shift into neutral, lift brake so truck slightly rolls/releases, then when truck has stopped again (it moves like an inch or whatever) I shift into park. Ebrake comes on automatically for me.

This was hammered into me by my driving instructor and I've always done that procedure, except this is the first time the ebrake goes automatically which is nice.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm leasing a 2019 and will likely replace with a 2022. I'm hoping they'll make more safety/driver assist standard or avail on lower trims. I was playing around with build on the ram site and it seems like if I want auto cruise control I have to go Laramie or higher. I want a bighorn with auto cruise and highbeams as well as all the other safety and driver tech. On our subaru you can get all the tech even on the base models.

I also wish there was an easier way to see options for a build - the Ram site is very hard to use I think to see options by trim and keep track of what adds/cancels other selections etc. I'm in between on BH vs Laramine and it is hard to see all the differences in what is standard and/or can be added.

sc1500

Reaction score
I'm leasing a 2019 and will likely replace with a 2022. I'm hoping they'll make more safety/driver assist standard or avail on lower trims. I was playing around with build on the ram site and it seems like if I want auto cruise control I have to go Laramie or higher. I want a bighorn with auto cruise and highbeams as well as all the other safety and driver tech. On our subaru you can get all the tech even on the base models.

I also wish there was an easier way to see options for a build - the Ram site is very hard to use I think to see options by trim and keep track of what adds/cancels other selections etc. I'm in between on BH vs Laramine and it is hard to see all the differences in what is standard and/or can be added.
I would prefer to order 2022 as well but my 2019 lease is up 6/16/01 and the only way Chrysler capital said they would extend the lease is if I had another on order. Seems order banks typically open in July? Anyone have any ideas?

BTW, I have a 2019 Laramie with the adaptive cruise, must have option. But even on the Laramie you need level 2 package first. I am hoping they update it with hands free supposed to be coming on the 2022 Cherokee L.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think they are focusing on the Ford philosophy, if it ain't broke don't fix it. (Super Duty). Besides HDs don't have the emissions, regulations, or safety rules like the half-ton models.
That is sad.... I am looking to move to a 3500 SRW and have seen the video of the steering column not centered on the drivers seat with the 2500/3500 Gen 4 cab. I was waiting for a Full 5th Gen 3500... I will continue to wait..

BigD

Reaction score
I specifically wanted a Ram for the dial shifter. That was a huge selling point for me. I had a 2013 Ram with column shifter & 6 speed tranny. Hated it. If u didn't put the column shifter exactly in park u couldn't get the key out of the ignition. First time I jumped in my 2020 Ram the dial shifter felt fine. Didn't take me anytime to get used to it. Loved it from day 1. I've NEVER accidentally grabbed the volume control instead. Have no idea what people are talking about.

PostPremium

Reaction score
I specifically wanted a Ram for the dial shifter. That was a huge selling point for me. I had a 2013 Ram with column shifter & 6 speed tranny. Hated it. If u didn't put the column shifter exactly in park u couldn't get the key out of the ignition. First time I jumped in my 2020 Ram the dial shifter felt fine. Didn't take me anytime to get used to it. Loved it from day 1. I've NEVER accidentally grabbed the volume control instead. Have no idea what people are talking about.
A complaining member here claimed it took him over a year and a half to get used to the dial shifter. I think that speaks more about that person's adaptability, and less about the design of the shifter. Keep that in mind when reading the negative comments. The dial shifter is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread