5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RAM 1500

djlopo

Reaction score
Just curious as to whether anyone has information on a facelift for the 2022 model year. Historically, three to four model years usually yield some type of cosmetic changes. 2021 seemed to be a major technology update. I was wondering if a slight change to the front fascia would be next?

I love my 2019 big horn but I like to update every 3-5 years. Thanks!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Just curious as to whether anyone has information on a facelift for the 2022 model year. Historically, three to four model years usually yield some type of cosmetic changes. 2021 seemed to be a major technology update. I was wondering if a slight change to the front fascia would be next?

Not out of the realm. We will all find out next summer ;)

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would guess 2022 for a mid-cycle facelift, which would line up with the major interior upgrade for the 2022 Silverado/Sierra and the recent introduction of the all-new 2021 F150.

Though FCA is known to be rather late to the show when it comes to these things, so 2023 is also possible. But no later than that.

Portercycling250

Reaction score

LOL!! I just bought my 2021 a week ago and you are already asking about 2022! Let me enjoy my 2021 at least till January 2021 👍👍😂.. be safe everyone and Merry Xmas ( and I did get all the new tech 👍)

djlopo

Reaction score
LOL!! I just bought my 2021 a week ago and you are already asking about 2022! Let me enjoy my 2021 at least till January 2021 👍👍😂.. be safe everyone and Merry Xmas ( and I did get all the new tech 👍)
It's not an absurd question. Mid cycle facelifts happen all the time. I got crushed for asking on here. Learned my lesson. Have a Merry Christmas as well.

Fatherof3

Reaction score
It's not an absurd question. Mid cycle facelifts happen all the time. I got crushed for asking on here. Learned my lesson. Have a Merry Christmas as well.
I was actually wondering about that myself with the 2022 new Tundra and the 2022 new GM interiors it might take some of the spot light off them .

Smon

Reaction score
I'm hoping they pull some tech from the Wagoneer over. With GM bringing some self driving features to 2022 (and Ford sort of doing that), they will have to match it quick.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Personally, I want them to do something with the hemi to up the hp/tq. Its basically been the same for quite some time, while Chevy and Ford continue to improve their offerings.

Totally agree with this or offer the 475 HP/TQ 6.4 in the 1500 series.

I suspect their new inline 6 turbo is going to be the high end model though. It would be easier and most likely more reliable to get 450 out of that than to extend the 5.7 to 450....and it will get better EPA rated MPG which will seal the deal.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Totally agree with this or offer the 475 HP/TQ 6.4 in the 1500 series.

I suspect their new inline 6 turbo is going to be the high end model though. It would be easier and most likely more reliable to get 450 out of that than to extend the 5.7 to 450....and it will get better EPA rated MPG which will seal the deal.

I was hoping the same thing, but offering that motor in a 1500 high volume model will negatively effect FCA's CAFE numbers. They are already buying millions in carbon credits from Tesla, so they are looking to improve corporate mpg.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
My crystal ball says you will see Uconnect 5 and a center console shifter like the new F150 and TRX versus the electronic dial.

Users who are viewing this thread