5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RAM 1500

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think they are focusing on the Ford philosophy, if it ain't broke don't fix it. (Super Duty). Besides HDs don't have the emissions, regulations, or safety rules like the half-ton models.
Since when have Fords been “aint broke”? Tell that to all the 6.0, 6.4 and death wobble Superduty owners... ha ha

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
AAAhhhh. For the days of the three on the tree, four on the floor, back when were men, women were women, and sheep were nervous. Those were the days before touch screens. We had nobs to twist and gears to shift. Oh, wait a minuit, we don't like nobs. Sorry. Carry on.
Its “k nobs”, dumb silent K.
Who invented English anyway?

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I wasn't thinking details so much as overall color and layout - when I first looked at the picture it looks very similar to my 2019 black interior bighorn with 8.4 screen. the elements you mentioned and the overall lines and color. I am referencing the picture iliketurtles posted on 12/26 where the screen is in the dash and not the version where it sits 'up' shared later. I personally don't like the designs of many models where the screen is sticking-up from the dash and much prefer the integrated look that our RAM's or my wife subaru use.
If it works, copy it! Been that way for decades/centuries/millennia...

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
The GMs are way overdue for a facelift or even roll back to the last generation. Their redesign took a great looking truck and made it where die hard chevy guys went and bought an F150
I thought they just face lifted for either 19’ or 20’?

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I like the GMC’s and really like the 6.2l, just wish their interior was like the ram’s. But this air suspension beats the magnetic ride my 16 Sierra Denali had by far.
Cost to fix that Magnaride... $$ and the shocks were not under warranty per GM forums... ouch.

TxRam1211

Reaction score
LOL!! I just bought my 2021 a week ago and you are already asking about 2022! Let me enjoy my 2021 at least till January 2021 👍👍😂.. be safe everyone and Merry Xmas ( and I did get all the new tech 👍)
Keep it low miles for a trade in!!! Thats my plan. !

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm leasing a 2019 and will likely replace with a 2022. I'm hoping they'll make more safety/driver assist standard or avail on lower trims. I was playing around with build on the ram site and it seems like if I want auto cruise control I have to go Laramie or higher. I want a bighorn with auto cruise and highbeams as well as all the other safety and driver tech. On our subaru you can get all the tech even on the base models.

I also wish there was an easier way to see options for a build - the Ram site is very hard to use I think to see options by trim and keep track of what adds/cancels other selections etc. I'm in between on BH vs Laramine and it is hard to see all the differences in what is standard and/or can be added.

I just went through the BH vs Laramie dilemma myself

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just went through the BH vs Laramie dilemma myself

I decided to wait until they release the 2022 and see if the BH gets more standard features or if they start dealing on 2021 Laramie to make room for the 2022 in the fall. Really hoping they get Uconnect5 and make safety group standard on BH trim.

BigD

Reaction score
The safety stuff is really annoying. Have it on our 2019 Kia Sorento. I hate adaptive cruise control & keep lane assist. Blind spot monitoring is ok. At least it doesn't beep at u. Rear cross path avoidance is useful in parking lots.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The safety stuff is really annoying. Have it on our 2019 Kia Sorento. I hate adaptive cruise control & keep lane assist. Blind spot monitoring is ok. At least it doesn't beep at u. Rear cross path avoidance is useful in parking lots.
Our 2020 Subaru has adaptive cruise, auto high-beams, directional LED headlights, lane keep, driver monitoring, blind spot and emergency braking. The key with the subaru is almost all of it is either adjustable or able to be turned off with a simple button. I suppose the usefulness depends on how well the system is executed but in the subaru I am a huge fane of the adaptive cruise (also has standard cruise), blind spot and emergency braking and am o.k. with the rest of it - occasionally the lane keep is annoying but they have it set-up to be easy to turn off and the alerts can be lights on the dash rather than loud alerts. In the end I think I am a fan of anything that improves my chance of avoiding or surviving a crash but also realize I was well trained as a driver and am a defensive and attentive driver so I am not relying on the systems but rather allowing them to be a backup if good driving isn't enough!

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Our 2020 Subaru has adaptive cruise, auto high-beams, directional LED headlights, lane keep, driver monitoring, blind spot and emergency braking. The key with the subaru is almost all of it is either adjustable or able to be turned off with a simple button. I suppose the usefulness depends on how well the system is executed but in the subaru I am a huge fane of the adaptive cruise (also has standard cruise), blind spot and emergency braking and am o.k. with the rest of it - occasionally the lane keep is annoying but they have it set-up to be easy to turn off and the alerts can be lights on the dash rather than loud alerts. In the end I think I am a fan of anything that improves my chance of avoiding or surviving a crash but also realize I was well trained as a driver and am a defensive and attentive driver so I am not relying on the systems but rather allowing them to be a backup if good driving isn't enough!
Seems the Japanese and Korean carmakers have pretty well thought out safety packages that are standard. Hear that FCA, STANDARD...

FCA, “come on man”, you don’t have to bundle an HC stereo system and surround view camera with it... I wanted some better safety equipment but did not want to pay for the level 1 Ltd upgrade of like $2K...

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems the Japanese and Korean carmakers have pretty well thought out safety packages that are standard. Hear that FCA, STANDARD...

FCA, “come on man”, you don’t have to bundle an HC stereo system and surround view camera with it... I wanted some better safety equipment but did not want to pay for the level 1 Ltd upgrade of like $2K...
It really is a night and day difference buying a car vs. a truck - at least with a subaru. Once you decide between the 2 engine options on an outback you move to choosing between 5 trim levels and once you pick a trim level there are just a few options depending on trim level and every dealer has about a million in all the colors. Come time to buy a truck and I spend hours negotitating all the options standard or optional based on trim and then research engine options, axle ratios and on and on - in the end it turns out my perfect truck is a unicaorn that doesn't exist in national inventory more than once a model year if I'm lucky so I either compromise or factory order! Not complaining as options are nice - just wish more folks wanted the same truck as me so dealers had them on the lot!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The GMs are way overdue for a facelift or even roll back to the last generation. Their redesign took a great looking truck and made it where die hard chevy guys went and bought an F150
Or in my case a Ram 1500 LOL. I actually haven't liked the looks of GM trucks since the 2007 redesign. It just took me until 2015 before I finally decided I no longer needed an HD pickup, so I traded in the 2006 GMC 2500HD I had at the time. GM's are only getting worse with every redesign IMHO.

86grand

Reaction score
Or in my case a Ram 1500 LOL. I actually haven't liked the looks of GM trucks since the 2007 redesign. It just took me until 2015 before I finally decided I no longer needed an HD pickup, so I traded in the 2006 GMC 2500HD I had at the time. GM's are only getting worse with every redesign IMHO.
I still have my 85 C10, but haven't really cared much for the design since the square bodies. The GMC still looks decent but nowhere near as nice as the new Rams. The newest Chevy is the weirdest design yet, hope they fix it with the next model. the 2018s looked pretty good

sc1500

Reaction score
I have a loaded 2019 Laramie and wouldn't give up any of the options to save a buck (ok would give up the useless self park). they are great. The adaptive cruise with the lane assist make 15 hour round trips to college easy. I can keep my legs stretched out, never touching gas or brake except to get off an off-ramp (and then only if Ii am not following someone). Stop and go traffic, don't even have to pay attention, the car just handles it. The lane departure does a good job nudging the wheel back to the center of the lane if you drift too far.
the 360 cameras do come in very handy for backing into spots in crowded lots quickly and perfectly centered. and parallel parking.
if you have the lane departure on and try to change lanes without signaling it will resist. if you signal and there is a car there, it will also resist.

Polo08816

Reaction score
I decided to wait until they release the 2022 and see if the BH gets more standard features or if they start dealing on 2021 Laramie to make room for the 2022 in the fall. Really hoping they get Uconnect5 and make safety group standard on BH trim.
I'm leaning towards waiting until 2022 models are available. I would like the new Uconnect 5 hardware. I tend to keep my vehicles for 8-12 years and having a new generation of hardware for 1/3 of the life of the vehicle is worth the wait.

Also, in 2022, there will be more competition and potentially better pricing...
- supposedly a re-design 2022 Toyota Tundra
- more supply of F150s
- potentially a re-design/update of the GM1500 pickups

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Under the new Biden/Thunberg plan, the 2022 Ram 1500 will be an electric powered 1500 with the front end of a 1981 Ford Pinto and the bed of a 1978 Ford Ranchero. The beauty is it will be “green” and still pull a 3’ x 6’ tent trailer. 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online