5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RAM 1500

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Under the new Biden/Thunberg plan, the 2022 Ram 1500 will be an electric powered 1500 with the front end of a 1981 Ford Pinto and the bed of a 1978 Ford Ranchero. The beauty is it will be “green” and still pull a 3’ x 6’ tent trailer. 😉
Can hardly wait [NOT]!!!!!

jimchi

Reaction score
Under the new Biden/Thunberg plan, the 2022 Ram 1500 will be an electric powered 1500 with the front end of a 1981 Ford Pinto and the bed of a 1978 Ford Ranchero. The beauty is it will be “green” and still pull a 3’ x 6’ tent trailer. 😉
I plan on keeping my truck for about 10 years, but my next vehicle is 100% going to be electric. Just because your generation f*ed up efficient cars doesn’t mean mine will 😉

GoRamGo

Reaction score
I plan on keeping my truck for about 10 years, but my next vehicle is 100% going to be electric. Just because your generation f*ed up efficient cars doesn’t mean mine will 😉
If you bought a truck to be "efficient" you probably should not be driving a truck and instead should have gotten a Prius with a U-Haul tow hitch installed after market

BigD

Reaction score
Buy the new 2021 Ford f150 3.5 hybrid. It gets 24 mpg. It will only cost u $80,000 !!!

jimchi

Reaction score
If you bought a truck to be "efficient" you probably should not be driving a truck and instead should have gotten a Prius with a U-Haul tow hitch installed after market
Yup. My post was a commentary on a reaction to next gen trucks; neither of which were referencing the current gen. You’ll note your opinion doesn’t apply to my situation.

GoRamGo

Reaction score
Yup. My post was a commentary on a reaction to next gen trucks; neither of which were referencing the current gen. You’ll note your opinion doesn’t apply to my situation.
I would not necessarily call 2022 a next gen truck first off, his reaction was referring to 2022 and with that I would like to note I would take a truck that would roll coal any day then have an efficient truck. You do not buy a truck that tows and goes off road weather it is 2021, 2022 or 2025 to be efficient unless of course you are Gavin Newsom

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
HFE RAM is getting 33 MPG. Over 1000 miles to a tank. And still able to tow a respectable amount. I think RAM has the bases covered. They just continue to hit the runner in when needed.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Swap/change it out with say one like this, I did

Shifter knob

i would like a shifter like the TRX’s but that is also electronic. Going the be hard to find an old time like shifter today or in the future.

heck in the future when all vehicles are electric might be touch control, who knows

Reactions: c3k

jimchi

Reaction score
I would not necessarily call 2022 a next gen truck first off, his reaction was referring to 2022 and with that I would like to note I would take a truck that would roll coal any day then have an efficient truck. You do not buy a truck that tows and goes off road weather it is 2021, 2022 or 2025 to be efficient unless of course you are Gavin Newsom
Great, and those are your goals. You need to realize that your goals & requirements don’t necessarily align with everyone else’s.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In the future you might say hey Siri or Alexa put it in drive, just sauing
That would be terrible. They should know how to shift without instructions! Maybe something like, “Hey Siri—I’m feeling like sushi. Take us somewhere we haven’t been that is rated well on Yelp and is within 20 minutes...and make us a reservation!” ;)

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, your generation will screw up the planet with all the batteries being dumped and the massive amount of pollutants dumped into the atmosphere by power plants generating enough electricity for the electric car pipe dream... 😉

jimchi

Reaction score
No, your generation will screw up the planet with all the batteries being dumped and the massive amount of pollutants dumped into the atmosphere by power plants generating enough electricity for the electric car pipe dream... 😉
Lol where do you even stand? I can’t tell if you’re pro- or anti- environmentalism. Or is this just an impulsive “gotcha” response? You can’t talk about utility scale power generation without talking about the economies of scale, increased decommissioning of legacy fossil plants, or rise of renewables. You can’t talk about li-ion without talking about technologies designed to lengthen the life of those batteries and increased recycling. Sure there are issues, but again, just because your generation took a “well this is how it is, oh well” approach doesn’t mean my generation lives in that same, as you put it, “pipe dream.” 😉🤔🙄🥱

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Checkairspeed

Reaction score
Lol where do you even stand? I can’t tell if you’re pro- or anti- environmentalism. Or is this just an impulsive “gotcha” response? You can’t talk about utility scale power generation without talking about the economies of scale, increased decommissioning of legacy fossil plants, or rise of renewables. You can’t talk about li-ion without talking about technologies designed to lengthen the life of those batteries and increased recycling. Sure there are issues, but again, just because your generation took a “well this is how it is, oh well” approach doesn’t mean my generation lives in that same, as you put it, “pipe dream.” 😉🤔🙄🥱
The reality is every generation would like “cleaner” energy. The problem is that with every new technology you don’t hear about the ugly side of producing that “clean” energy whether it be astronomical costs or equal or more pollution in a different form. There is no free lunch... Energy costs, just a matter of what you’re willing to accept.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The reality is every generation would like “cleaner” energy. The problem is that with every new technology you don’t hear about the ugly side of producing that “clean” energy whether it be astronomical costs or equal or more pollution in a different form. There is no free lunch... Energy costs, just a matter of what you’re willing to accept.

"you don't hear about the ugly side"

I agree - nothing on the mainstream media for sure. I did hear a rational discussion on the radio once though on lithium batteries.

Last edited:

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Came in hoping to see if I should wait for a 2022 for any particular reason and.... we’re off track haha
I came in reading all this stuff and looked at the the title and I’m like uhh what. One guy links a clean energy denier website, and the other guy to refute him, links next one of the most brainwashing media platforms ever.

Anywho, don’t these imbeciles know Nuclear Energy is literally the best and beats Solar, Wind, Coal, and Gas everyday of the week. SAD!

- This message was Sponsored by the World Nuclear Association -

“World Nuclear Association: Building Better Worlds...”

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/