5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019+ Rams with Lifts/Levels, and/or aftermarket wheel tire setups

kittyjo

Reaction score
about ready to pull the trigger on 3.5 rc lift and 35 inch nitto terra grapplers g2 on stock 20inch rims... anyone have this setup ? any suggestions to consider when installing..

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
about ready to pull the trigger on 3.5 rc lift and 35 inch nitto terra grapplers g2 on stock 20inch rims... anyone have this setup ? any suggestions to consider when installing..
Sounds like a nice setup. I have the 3 1/2” RC with 35x12.5’s and ‘0’ offset Mayhem wheels and had to trim some plastic. You should be good going with the stock wheel offset and not have to trim.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
3.21. Do notice a slight difference. But not a big deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see a lot of dudes are having an issue with 7th and 8th gear on the highway...My truck just shipped today. I need to figure out what Im gonna do ASAP

kittyjo

Reaction score
Sounds like a nice setup. I have the 3 1/2” RC with 35x12.5’s and ‘0’ offset Mayhem wheels and had to trim some plastic. You should be good going with the stock wheel offset and not have to trim.
thats the plan just keep it clean and simple but yet effective for my use.

nicodywill

Reaction score
I see a lot of dudes are having an issue with 7th and 8th gear on the highway...My truck just shipped today. I need to figure out what Im gonna do ASAP

FWIW I have 285/65R20 (34.6x11.2x20) Nitto RG's on my '19 Ram with 3.21 gears and it felt a little different right after install so I purchased the Rough Country Speedo Calibration tool (it adjusts tranny shift points based on tire size) and made mine feel the same as prior to the new tire install.

I was looking at those tires myself and heard from a lot of folks that those Terra Grapplers are LOUD. If road noise is any worry you might want to consider another model. I went with the Ridge Grapplers on the stock wheels (for now) over the G2's and K02's based solely on the road noise differences.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FWIW I have 285/65R20 (34.6x11.2x20) Nitto RG's on my '19 Ram with 3.21 gears and it felt a little different right after install so I purchased the Rough Country Speedo Calibration tool (it adjusts tranny shift points based on tire size) and made mine feel the same as prior to the new tire install.

I was looking at those tires myself and heard from a lot of folks that those Terra Grapplers are LOUD. If road noise is any worry you might want to consider another model. I went with the Ridge Grapplers on the stock wheels (for now) over the G2's and K02's based solely on the road noise differences.
I didn't know they made one thanks....I think the Diablo Pulsar does the same thing plus a little boost in throttle response might be good. I wish I put in the 3.92!

kittyjo

Reaction score

How’s the ride?I listen to music loud so I don’t think noise should be a problem. LOL

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score

The Terras are louder than the Ridge?

nicodywill

Reaction score
I didn't know they made one thanks....I think the Diablo Pulsar does the same thing plus a little boost in throttle response might be good. I wish I put in the 3.92!
Keep in mind the Diablo Pulsar is a piggy back PCM unit that must be removed if you take your pickup into the dealer, otherwise it can and will impact your warranty. The dealer specifically told me that the Rough Country unit was good to go and does not affect my factory warranty. it's also ~$500 bucks as oppose to ~$180 for the RC unit (essentially a $320 upcharge for a pedal commander).

How’s the ride?I listen to music loud so I don’t think noise should be a problem. LOL
It's stiffer but is also more stable if that makes sense.

The Terras are louder than the Ridge?
Yes, that is correct from what i've read and been told.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Keep in mind the Diablo Pulsar is a piggy back PCM unit that must be removed if you take your pickup into the dealer, otherwise it can and will impact your warranty. The dealer specifically told me that the Rough Country unit was good to go and does not affect my factory warranty. it's also ~$500 bucks as oppose to ~$180 for the RC unit (essentially a $320 upcharge for a pedal commander).

It's stiffer but is also more stable if that makes sense.

Yes, that is correct from what i've read and been told.
I thought it was the other way around...

nicodywill

Reaction score
I thought it was the other way around...

That's not what I found when I looked and asked around. I figured the G2's would've been more mild on the pavement but read and heard a LOT of feedback about the noise they emit.

I have Ridge Grapplers myself and have been very satisfied. They do produce noticeably more noise than the stock highway tires however they aren't what I would call loud.
With the radio on at a normal volume (lvl 10-15) all tire noise is drowned out entirely.

I was initially worried about killing the MPG's with the lift and tire swap but after a bit of a break in period and a few tanks of fuel through it I can say I haven't lost hardly anything in terms of MPG.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good to know and yes I agree on the Pulsar. I have a Diablo tuner for my 14 Bighorn and there was more flexibility to play around with the settings than now. It looks like ill be doing the pedal commander and the RC like you. I just wish the pedal commander didn't have that black box they want you to mount but i can stuff it underneath somewhere and use the bluetooth to change when necessary.

Why didn't you just run a 35/11.50 tire? I'm leaning toward the 12.5 so that extra inch will probably hurt the MPG for me...

nicodywill

Reaction score
Good to know and yes I agree on the Pulsar. I have a Diablo tuner for my 14 Bighorn and there was more flexibility to play around with the settings than now. It looks like ill be doing the pedal commander and the RC like you. I just wish the pedal commander didn't have that black box they want you to mount but i can stuff it underneath somewhere and use the bluetooth to change when necessary.

Why didn't you just run a 35/11.50 tire? I'm leaning toward the 12.5 so that extra inch will probably hurt the MPG for me...

I went with the tire size as it's what was recommended the lift manufacturer as their largest size.
The 285/65 has about 1/2"~3/4" of clearance on the back side from the upper control arms. Any wider of a tire and it'd be too close for comfort.
Additionally, I get (almost) all the of added height, stance, looks and clearance and gave up nearly nothing in terms of MPG's so it ended up being a win-win.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with the tire size as it's what was recommended the lift manufacturer as their largest size.
The 285/65 has about 1/2"~3/4" of clearance on the back side from the upper control arms. Any wider of a tire and it'd be too close for comfort.
Additionally, I get (almost) all the of added height, stance, looks and clearance and gave up nearly nothing in terms of MPG's so it ended up being a win-win.
Rough Country? Do you have any pics of your truck?

kittyjo

Reaction score
Wut is the difference between 35 11.50 20 and 35 12.50 20? How much wud stick out?

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am mostly done with it for a couple months so I’ll post up.

5.7 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 w/ 3.21 Gears

3.5 Inch Ready Lift
35x12.5R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
20x9 +1 Fuel Vapors

Added:
Flowmaster FlowFX Direct Fit
Pedal Commander PC07
Cheap Black Nerf Bars (Till the OEM Power Steps come in - Feb 19th
OEM Bed Lights
BakFlip MX4

On Back Order:
OEM Power Steps
OEM Bed Step
OEM Trailer Brake Controller

763f384d62c9cbb373a8b371190ee02c.jpg

48ac8f2d17e8e9c73160a8e1cdbfa088.jpg

28225497586869bb8bac7dc26f206e6b.jpg

f3dfa95e444440e7aae2aa12b249768c.jpg

Edit: Before

dcd2f17ebd90e89ac872f7c865ce082d.jpg

3988301bfab778b1ab6d4d9214c2faca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truck looks great...Any rubbing or trimming with the +1? I was gonna rock the +14 to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread