5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019+ Rams with Lifts/Levels, and/or aftermarket wheel tire setups

J

jimh4662@

I'd be interested in leveling kit. Minimum amount. Not interested in height. Wouldn't know where to start or look. 40 years ago Rough country. 7 inch, 40 inch Armstrong tires on a short bed. New everything about the process. Today comfort/style....

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Waiting to see how much the factory 2 inch lift is and if it is dealer installed or done at the factory. I know you get a 1 inch lift on Rebel and Off-Road package but I would get the 2 inch lift because later on I might want 35 inch tires instead of the factory 33's on the Rebel.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
jimh4662@ said:
I'd be interested in leveling kit. Minimum amount. Not interested in height. Wouldn't know where to start or look. 40 years ago Rough country. 7 inch, 40 inch Armstrong tires on a short bed. New everything about the process. Today comfort/style....
The best way to level the 4th gens is with the Bilstein adjustable front struts. I imagine that will continue with the 5th Gens as well, they are adjustable from stock height up to 2.8 inches of lift all whole improving ride quality over the stock struts.

Chirp08

Reaction score
Did they fix the four wheel drive shutter on leveled trucks? It was a huge issue on early DS models.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Chirp08 said:
Did they fix the four wheel drive shutter on leveled trucks? It was a huge issue on early DS models.
My 16 is leveled and doesnt shudder. I know they made some front suspension changes in 2013.

fish mojo

Reaction score
Can you do taller tires on a truck with the air suspension?

2019REBEL

Reaction score
<woltlab-quote data-link="https://5thgenrams.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/340-2019-rams-with-lifts-levels-and-or-aftermarket-wheel-tire-setups/&postID=2036#post2036" data-author="fish mojo">Can you do taller tires on a truck with the air suspension?</woltlab-quote>Not on the stock air suspension as it will always lower itself back to stock, now you can get a different link that will modify it a bit.

BBLV

Reaction score
2019REBEL said:
Not on the stock air suspension as it will always lower itself back to stock, now you can get a different link that will modify it a bit.
I plan to create a DIY air suspension link lift guide as soon as my truck arrives (hopefully later this month). My aim is ~2" lift to fit 35" Toyo RT's on the stock 20's.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
Good idea. I'll turn this into one.
I'm interested in the other side of the discussion - issues encountered from making modifications to stock engineering. Personally, I void mods because of all the ancillary headaches that follow, but I have seen some very cool things done. However, the pictures don't tell the stories of all the electronic interruptions (warnings and errors as the system does not know how to read changes) and problems that arise from making many types of modifications. I've heard that adding larger tires and wheels along with a lift wears out drive train components that were not designed to handle the additional weight.
Anyway, that is something I'll keep an eye out for - specific complications for mods (so people don't blame the truck when their tweaks cause damage).

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
VoiceOfReason said:
I'm interested in the other side of the discussion - issues encountered from making modifications to stock engineering. Personally, I void mods because of all the ancillary headaches that follow, but I have seen some very cool things done. However, the pictures don't tell the stories of all the electronic interruptions (warnings and errors as the system does not know how to read changes) and problems that arise from making many types of modifications. I've heard that adding larger tires and wheels along with a lift wears out drive train components that were not designed to handle the additional weight.
Anyway, that is something I'll keep an eye out for - specific complications for mods (so people don't blame the truck when their tweaks cause damage).
All good points as well, I'm sure as more owners Lift/Level their trucks and change up the wheel and tire setups we will hear about whether there are any immediate "side effects" or not.

My truck is now leveled and has 285-65-20 load range E BFGoodrich KO2's on it. I did the tires first, going from the stock 275-60-20 (33 inch tall tire) which were passenger car rated to the 285-65-20 tires (34.6 inch tall) definitely cost me some MPG. The tires are also a LOT heavier than the stock ones were. Ride quality of course suffered a bit. The 2.5 inch level cost me some more MPG, but didn't change the driving characteristics at all.

I also have a set of 22 inch Ram SRT-10 replica wheels with 305-40-22s that I ran last summer when the truck was still at stock height, The ride of course suffered a bit with the smaller sidewalls but the truck otherwise drove the same. I'm currently trying to decide between selling the SRT-10 wheels or pulling the level kit and stock wheels with the bigger tires and selling them instead.

D

Deleted member 85

We offer a 3" air-ride lift kit that still allows the air suspension to raise and lower, we've done this kit to many truck, including a Rebel on my front deck right now.

2019REBEL

Reaction score
BobbiBigWheels said:
We offer a 3" air-ride lift kit that still allows the air suspension to raise and lower, we've done this kit to many truck, including a Rebel on my front deck right now.
What's it doing on the deck
icon_lol.gif
thats not a place to park
263a.png

BBLV

Reaction score
So we know the new bolt pattern is 6x5.5 (6x139.7). Does anyone have confirmation on the other wheel-related factory specs? Would be helpful to have a sticky for these (for example, I'm researching wheel spacers and need to confirm the hub centerbore - I could measure myself if my truck was here already):

- Factory wheel offsets and widths
- Hub centerbore
- Hub OD
- Lug nut thread pitch

Hopefully they matched Chevy's specs on the centerbore and thread pitch so that accessories and wheels are more widely available (78.1mm centerbore and 14x1.5 pitch).

Edit: Centerbore confirmed at 78.1mm (same as Chevy), so Chevy truck wheels may fit...

BBLV

Reaction score
redriderbob said:
(see attachment)

(see attachment)

(see attachment)
Dont tease us ?

What are the tire specs? All else stock?

Users who are viewing this thread