5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019+ Rams with Lifts/Levels, and/or aftermarket wheel tire setups

sgk

Reaction score
This may have been brought up but I can't seem to find it. Can you level or do a 2" lift / level the stance of a Ram with air suspension? ORP if it maters.
If so any suggestions on the bands or sites it can be ordered on.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
N
This may have been brought up but I can't seem to find it. Can you level or do a 2" lift / level the stance of a Ram with air suspension? ORP if it maters.
If so any suggestions on the bands or sites it can be ordered on.
Nothing available for air suspensions yet. My guess would be we may see something at Sema.

sgk

Reaction score
Ok, thank you. Not what I wanted to hear but there is hope around the corner.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
New wheels/tires arrived today.

Laramie with Black Appearance pkg. Stock height. Considering a 2" level but not committed to the idea yet. Still waiting for sidesteps to ship (dealer says release date is tomorrow 9/1) and debadge (next week).

Tires: Nitto Ridge Grappler 275/60 R 20 (=33"; this is slightly larger diameter than OEM)

Wheels: Fuel Vector 20 x 9 with +20 offset

View attachment 4036

View attachment 4037
I usually am just happy with the stock wheels...but I really like the ones you chose.

Rams always look even better when the wheel wells are filled out with some aggressive tires.

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Ok, thank you. Not what I wanted to hear but there is hope around the corner.

@0212353 used adjustable links on the front of his 19 setup (See link below).
https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/leveled-my-air-ride.1106/#post-14997

I have read on some old rebel posts that people have also switched the front and back 'LINKAGE HEIGHT SENSOR'. I have wondered if one could order some combination of stock parts (68212621AA or 68202620AA) to achieve a level with air suspension.

I have heard some say this results in a rougher ride.

Cajun

Reaction score
I just added 295/60R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. No rubbing at all. The ride has changed but its not too bad. It actually feels more stable now. I am really liking the look of my truck now!

Attachments

• IMG_1594.JPG
    IMG_1594.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,029
  • IMG_1625.JPG
    IMG_1625.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 946

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just added 295/60R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. No rubbing at all. The ride has changed but its not too bad. It actually feels more stable now. I am really liking the look of my truck now!
I'm liking the look, especially retaining the stock Longhorn wheels. I may go to 285s or 295s when it's time for replacement, but I'm hoping the Falkens last me a little while ;)

sgk

Reaction score
When you have a chance can you tell me if those tires really measure 34"(33.9)high or close to that like they should or would they be taller or shorter then that now that there installed?

Cajun

Reaction score
When you have a chance can you tell me if those tires really measure 34"(33.9)high or close to that like they should or would they be taller or shorter then that now that there installed?

I measured them (may be a little off) on gravel and they are a little over 33". I have 37lbs of air in them. What is everyone else running?

JamMastaJ

Reaction score
I had a set of 22" VCT Scarface wheels laying around from an old Chevy Tahoe I used to own.
I thought they would look better than the original 18" laramie wheels I had. Does it look horrible?

my truck.JPG my truck 2.JPG

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not horrible, but it does look a bit odd at first glance. Like, I've seen those wheels somewhere...

They do look better than the stock 18". I think we'll see more of these in the future.

JamMastaJ

Reaction score
They are a pretty old fashioned looking wheel. I think it looks odd because the wheels are dated maybe? Kinda ghetto?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread