5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019+ Rams with Lifts/Levels, and/or aftermarket wheel tire setups

Pnorth

Reaction score
The problem is that some people don't mention the width of their wheel - that they for instance have a 10" wheel instead of for a 9" that is original on mine - a 22x9 with an offset of +19. I am moving to a 20" so I made sure I had the same width - a 9" and then an offset as close to the original as possible. I ended up with a +15 (mm) as that was the closest I could get on that wheel. However - if I had gone with a 1 offset wheel then it would have been sitting 14mm farther out and If I went with a -18 offset - well then it would have been sitting 36mm further out than original and then you see that you probably are in trouble if wanting it inside. Of course the width of the tire you mount also plays in here. But, if you stick to a 285/65-20 well then you have what is similar to a 34,6" tire with a width of app 11,2"

Syman02

Reaction score
I was having the same issue deciding on size and spacing for new tires and wheels when I do my lift. It will be a week and a half before I get everything installed but it is all ordered. I am getting the readylift 3.5" lift with 20x9 +0 Mayhem wheel with 275/65r20 Nitto Terra Graplers. I would have liked a slightly larger/wider tire but I was concerned with rub with the +0 wheel. I am also getting black N-fab nerf bars installed at the same time. I hope it turns out the way I am picturing it in my head.

AGLAT

Reaction score
Finally got it looking like a Proper 4x4 truck.

ReadyLift 3.5 SST kit
Fuel Warriors 20x10 -18offset
35x12.50x20 BFgoodrich KO2

8ffba2f5642ef6efdc7296cb5a3af444.jpg

203cb4af5bffb4d163daaf4a9082c6fe.jpg

WELL DONE !

10" wide wheels with -18mm to -20mm offset looks like the perfect setup to me.
Aggressive stance, but barely sticking out beyond the fenders (at least that's how it looks in the pictures I've seen here).
20"x10" wheels with 35x12.50 or 33x12.50 tires look great.
For the 2WD guys, 22"x10" wheels with 305/45R22 tires look great as well.

--AGLAT

Last edited:

19BlkRam

Reaction score
I did a write up in the wheel and tire section on my clearance issues and what I had to modify for them to fit. Minimal work for the look I was going for. Good luck with your selections.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After the first 2000 klicks they seem to be holding up well. Good quality finish and no sagging. I was extremely skeptical about factory boards, but as I mentioned, pleasantly surprised with how they fit and look.

BZ23

Reaction score
Did both of you get your sensor issues worked out? I only ask cause I am getting ready to order wheels and tires. I was going to go with ExtremeCustoms.com but they told me they didn't have any sensors that would work with the 19 Ram. So I am speaking with Custom Offsets and they claim they have the right sensors. I am a little paranoid due to stories like both of these. Has anyone dealt with Custom Offsets? How was your experience? Thanks
Yes, i got new sensors installed from the tire shop and they have been fine sice

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just talked to RAM dealership I bought my truck from and was told there are no MOPAR level kits available yet. Any info you can provide to help them out?
That's not a level kit. It is a full lift all the way around. It is the Mopar 2" lift.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just talked to RAM dealership I bought my truck from and was told there are no MOPAR level kits available yet. Any info you can provide to help them out?
There are no Mopar kits. They're right. Just aftermarket... Rough Country, Ready Lift and Motofab are a few names being thrown around.

Echance01

Reaction score
Well that explains it. Lol. Thanks for the clarification gents. I assume the leveling kits with the upper control arms is the way to go?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well that explains it. Lol. Thanks for the clarification gents. I assume the leveling kits with the upper control arms is the way to go?
That's the best route in my opinion. You're raising the front 2" just like with the mopar lift, and it comes with new upper control arms. That tells me the factory ones will be at a bad angle otherwise.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m sorry I should have clarified that mine was a 2” lift all around as opposed to just a level. 2C4BB714-175E-4B26-978B-AC54B4F93706.jpeg

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No worries at all. I should have caught that. Anyone know of any threads in this forum that discuss the differences/pros/cons of going with a 2in level vs 2in lift?
It all comes down to personal preference really. My leveling kit didnt affect ride quality at all. The Mopar lift doesnt either. The mopar lift will keep the same factory rake while the leveling kit doesnt.

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
Has anybody had the speedometer recalibrated and if so by who? My dealer dont have a clue of what to do.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lol neither did my dealer and they were the ones who installed the lift. :)

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anybody had the speedometer recalibrated and if so by who? My dealer dont have a clue of what to do.
Lol neither did my dealer and they were the ones who installed the lift. :)
Hypertech has a programmer out. $200 bucks I believe. There is also a Pulsar for about double that and it has a tune, throttle response control, tires, etc. I couldn't get my dealer to do anything.

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
Hypertech has a programmer out. $200 bucks I believe. There is also a Pulsar for about double that and it has a tune, throttle response control, tires, etc. I couldn't get my dealer to do anything.
Any links t ok where to order

Users who are viewing this thread