5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019+ Rams with Lifts/Levels, and/or aftermarket wheel tire setups

Syman02

Reaction score
Will a 20x9 +0 rim with a 35x12.5x20 fit with a readylift 3.5" lift without rubbing? If not, would you go with a shorter tire or go with the factory offset? Thanks!

DOOWORK707

Reaction score
I went ahead and installed the MotoFab 2.5" leveling kit on my Big Horn Sport. I had this kit on my 4th gen, everything I read said that 4th gen leveling kits will not work on the 5th Gens, but I am here to say they do. Install was the same as the 4th gen, and I didn't have to modify anything for the kit to work. As of right now, nobody makes a 2.5" leveling kit for the 5th Gens, and I didn't want to go with only a 2" from rough country because it still isn't 100% level with the rear IMO.. So I went ahead and purchased the MotoFab kit that I had on my 4th gen and gave it a try. I am very satisfied with how it turned out. The ride quality is great and still feels and drives like factory.

I ended up putting 285/60-20 BF Goodrich All Terrain KO2 Tires on my stock wheels. These tires ride soft and are quiet, just like factory. No rubbing, No trimming needed for this setup.

Here's a link to the leveling kit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I5058AY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's a link to my install video:

BFG1.jpg BFG2.jpg BFG3.jpg BFG4.jpg BFG5.jpg

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Will a 20x9 +0 rim with a 35x12.5x20 fit with a readylift 3.5" lift without rubbing? If not, would you go with a shorter tire or go with the factory offset? Thanks!
Greetings Syman02’, I have the exact setup you are asking about (except a Rough Country Lift instead of a Readylift, my truck description in my signature). The 35x12.5 tires did rub on my truck with ‘0’ offset wheels and I did have to trim some plastic on the back side of the front fender wells. I would say with factory offset they would not. IMO, and this is just me, I would go with a ‘0’ offset with a smaller tire if you do not want to trim plastic, IMO I just think the slightly wider stance with slightly smaller tires looks better than a factory stance with larger tires. Good luck!

Syman02

Reaction score
Thanks for the real world info. I would hate to get the set up and then have unexpected rubbing. I was leaning toward the slightly smaller tire as well. I wonder how much smaller it needs to be to avoid rubbing? Would a 34" be enough or would it need to be in the 33" range? Thanks.

RBRK

Reaction score
I went ahead and installed the MotoFab 2.5" leveling kit on my Big Horn Sport. I had this kit on my 4th gen, everything I read said that 4th gen leveling kits will not work on the 5th Gens, but I am here to say they do. Install was the same as the 4th gen, and I didn't have to modify anything for the kit to work. As of right now, nobody makes a 2.5" leveling kit for the 5th Gens, and I didn't want to go with only a 2" from rough country because it still isn't 100% level with the rear IMO.. So I went ahead and purchased the MotoFab kit that I had on my 4th gen and gave it a try. I am very satisfied with how it turned out. The ride quality is great and still feels and drives like factory.

I ended up putting 285/60-20 BF Goodrich All Terrain KO2 Tires on my stock wheels. These tires ride soft and are quiet, just like factory. No rubbing, No trimming needed for this setup.

Here's a link to the leveling kit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I5058AY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's a link to my install video:

View attachment 3494 View attachment 3495 View attachment 3496 View attachment 3497 View attachment 3498
Looks good! Are you not worried about the upper control arm angle? Most say with that type of kit you need upper arms to avoid stress on the upper ball joint.
I do t mean to preech, but I don’t think I saw any jack stand in your video, although I didn’t watch the whole thing. I’ve had a jack slip and car fall on me when I was 16 or so and luckily did not get hurt, but I would suggest placing a stand for safety when using the jack.
I like the look of the 60 series tire, most are using the 65 that I’ve seen. Unfortunately I think the 60is more. money than the 285 65 20. Glad to know they are quiet.
I assume you got an alignment after? I’ve put a few kits on my previous and the camber has always changed after.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the real world info. I would hate to get the set up and then have unexpected rubbing. I was leaning toward the slightly smaller tire as well. I wonder how much smaller it needs to be to avoid rubbing? Would a 34" be enough or would it need to be in the 33" range? Thanks.
It all depends on the width. I put 275/65s on stock suspension with no rubbing. Somebody else claims to have put 285/65s on stock without rubbing. That's roughly a 34.5" tire. I would think a 35x11.5" would fit the 3.5" lift without any trouble.

Syman02

Reaction score
The +0 on the 20x9 rim is what may get me. I am trying to figure out the max size tire for that offset. I am looking into 275/65-20 (34.1) & 295/60-20 (33.9). I was hoping one of these would have enough clearance to not have to do any plastic trimming.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The +0 on the 20x9 rim is what may get me. I am trying to figure out the max size tire for that offset. I am looking into 275/65-20 (34.1) & 295/60-20 (33.9). I was hoping one of these would have enough clearance to not have to do any plastic trimming.
I'm running 275/65 on +10 offset. This fit with no lift or level. 0 offset should not be a problem if you're doing any sort of lift or level, and would probably be fine on stock as well.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would say the 275/65 would definitely fit with no rubbing whatsoever and the ‘0’ offset. The 295/60 will as well, it is actually the size tire the tire representative at my friends tire shop said would fit no problem. We just decided to ‘push the limits’ so to speak with the 35’s. I know a true 33x12.5 would fit as well on a ‘0’ offset.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would say the 275/65 would definitely fit with no rubbing whatsoever and the ‘0’ offset. The 295/60 will as well, it is actually the size tire the tire representative at my friends tire shop said would fit no problem. We just decided to ‘push the limits’ so to speak with the 35’s. I know a true 33x12.5 would fit as well on a ‘0’ offset.
Also to add to this, I am planning on purchasing a aggressive all terrain 275/65 to run on my stock 20” wheels for the winter. I always run the tallest, most narrow tire I can in the winter on the stock wheels of any truck I have had and that seems to be the best combination for those specs for the money. I would run a 36” tall 9” wide tire for winter if there were such a thing and they weren’t to pricey.

Last edited:

Syman02

Reaction score
Thanks, that's great news. After I found out I would have to trim with the 35's I wanted the next tallest tire that would fit. Good to hear the 275/65 will clear. I was hoping I wouldn't have any bad surprises with them. Thanks again!

Rob696

Reaction score
It all depends on the width. I put 275/65s on stock suspension with no rubbing. Somebody else claims to have put 285/65s on stock without rubbing. That's roughly a 34.5" tire. I would think a 35x11.5" would fit the 3.5" lift without any trouble.

285/65r20
20x9 +18
Stock height, no rubbing
Will probably be doing a 2" leveling kit to just adjust for the rake

IMG_8442.JPG

Pnorth

Reaction score
285/65r20
20x9 +18
Stock height, no rubbing
Will probably be doing a 2" leveling kit to just adjust for the rake

View attachment 3587
Do you have a photo from the side showing the edge of the fender and the edge of the tire in relation to each other - how much it sticks out or not?

DOOWORK707

Reaction score
Looks good! Are you not worried about the upper control arm angle? Most say with that type of kit you need upper arms to avoid stress on the upper ball joint.
I do t mean to preech, but I don’t think I saw any jack stand in your video, although I didn’t watch the whole thing. I’ve had a jack slip and car fall on me when I was 16 or so and luckily did not get hurt, but I would suggest placing a stand for safety when using the jack.
I like the look of the 60 series tire, most are using the 65 that I’ve seen. Unfortunately I think the 60is more. money than the 285 65 20. Glad to know they are quiet.
I assume you got an alignment after? I’ve put a few kits on my previous and the camber has always changed after.

No, I am not worried about the Upper Control Arm angle. There's not enough stress to worry about it. And yeah I know, I should have had a jack stand under the truck for safety. Thanks for being concerned. And yeah this is just my winter set up, I have 22x12's that I run in the summer. I will be posting pics of those soon because they just came today. But I got the K02's for next to nothing, so I wanted to have more of an aggressive tire for winter since I live in Michigan. And yes, I got an alignment the next day. The camber was off just a touch. All good now.

Ramajama

Reaction score
I saw 2 new RAMs with leveling kits on them today. Coincidentally they were both black on black and one was on larger tires, didnt catch the size. The guy I actually talked to had his done at the dealership, cant recall the brand he used. Both looked great! Starting to see a lot more DTs on the street.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Now I have the Mopar oem 2” lift on mine but I’m still on the factory wheels / tires. I usually do not make good choices when it comes to that so I’m waiting to see what you gents are running.

Attachments

• 366239C1-FEA4-4E19-B423-805D6509B539.jpeg
    366239C1-FEA4-4E19-B423-805D6509B539.jpeg
    607.8 KB · Views: 548

Pnorth

Reaction score
Below are a few pictures for you. If you're interested in other angles, just let me know.

View attachment 3602
View attachment 3648 View attachment 3649 View attachment 3650
Thanks Rob! That looks like well inside on the picture from the rear. I can’t have anything sticking out, by law, and with our weather it would just continuously blast the sides of the truck with debris too. Still looks great ;)(y) You’re the first reporting 285/65 on stock height that I’ve seen and it seems the stock offset does the trick. The wheels I’ve ordered are +15 so I’ll sit 3-4 mm further out but seems that shouldn’t be a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread