5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless CarPlay Dongle

BlckDT

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the latest update and what the settings/adjustments would do for you?

76046c5e9c3298e7c1759be26547d341.jpg

--||RAM||--- 2019 Ram 1500 Diamond Black Crystal Pearl Bighorn Crew | Born 3/2019 | Brought Home 5/2019
5.7 Hemi | Black Appearance Package | Premium LED Package | Bed Utility Group | Level 2 Equipment Group | Pano Sunroof | Alpine 9-Amplified Speakers/Subwoofer | Blind-spot with Cross-Path | Black Tubular Steps | Rear Wheelhouse-Liners | Extang Trifecta 2.0 Bed Cover | Front Level w/ Bilstein 5100's (Setting #5 - 1.75") | 285/60/R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers | Window Tint (20% Front 20% Rear) | MOPAR window deflectors | MOPAR All Weather Mats | SprintBooster V3 | CarPlay2Air

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Bought the CarLinkit 2.0 after reading good reviews here. So far it’s worked flawlessly. I posted a short video of install and impressions here:
Great review. Glad you’re happy with it.
Mine is flawless also. It even works with remote start w/o issues. Started the truck today from about 200 ft and by the time I got in, carplay was already connected to the phone.

Reaction score
I am interested in buying one of these but I have two iPhones [work and personal].

What would the best way to switch between them for wireless carplay? Toggle bluetooth on/off on each phone?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I am interested in buying one of these but I have two iPhones [work and personal].

What would the best way to switch between them for wireless carplay? Toggle bluetooth on/off on each phone?
Toggle wifi off. That’ll do it (BT is only for the initial handshake, then it uses wifi).

GATORB8

Reaction score
Got the CarlinKit installed today, and works great.

Anyone try using a USB-C to USB-C cable yet?
I was thinking of ordering a 90* one to try to clean up how the connection looks.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Got the CarlinKit installed today, and works great.

Anyone try using a USB-C to USB-C cable yet?
I was thinking of ordering a 90* one to try to clean up how the connection looks.
Awesome. Yeah, love mine.
Actually connects faster and also more reliably then my former CarPlay2Air.

navy98

Reaction score
I bought a short USB-C to USB-c cable and have had it hooked up for a couple of days. So far, so noticeable difference between the two.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I bought a short USB-C to USB-c cable and have had it hooked up for a couple of days. So far, so noticeable difference between the two.
Ahh. Glad to hear. I wouldn’t think it would have any issues, but thanks for checking.

DOCTORD23

Reaction score
The model I bought came with a c to c cable as well as a to c cable. C to c works fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smon

Reaction score
definitely interested in the X version. Seems like Apple always finds a way to block the mirroring though

Highertechnology

Reaction score
If you want media on the top screen check out motor-media on facebook. No jailbreak with opportunity to play streaming media from other devices than your phone with attachments. Only reason Im hesitating is that I dont know how it coincides with Carplay.

Ram21

Reaction score
Bought one of these Carlinkit devices, and have to say not really impressed, perhaps someone can suggest a remedy?
Lots of cutouts on music while running it, and the other day it was really bad constantly cutting in and out for about 3 minutes until I just disabled it and connected Iphone wired to USB.
Now it does sync up quickly, and use google maps through Carplay and seems fine that way but the audio drop outs I can't take. Happens whether I stream Pandora or from the Apple Music app with my music stored on my phone so its not cell signal issues.

afphinfan

Reaction score
I read a post from @papester and ordered the same wireless charger from Amazon as well as the Carlinkit2.0 from Amazon as well. So far so good except the short 90* USB-C to 90* USB-C cable I got didn't work for the wireless charger. Seems like it might not be long enough to connect but not sure. The stock cable from the charger works fine and actually plugged it into the bottom of the Carlinkit device. Anyway, nice to get in the truck pop the phone into the normal holder slot and its charging and connected to Carplay.

Saints

Reaction score
I updated to the newest version and was having a problem where Siri would start saying my text message and then the audio would cut out before getting the whole message. I noticed there was a setting to roll back to the previous software version and ever since then it’s been a brick. Does anyone know how to get it working again?

cnstoll

Reaction score
Question about the CarlinKit: If you start the car and drive for a while while connected wirelessly, and then plug your phone in directly to the USB port on the device, does CarPlay just continue normally or does it "reconnect/handoff" from wireless mode to wired mode? Curious what happens when you go from wireless to wired, or unplug and go from wired to wireless.

afphinfan

Reaction score
I updated to the newest version and was having a problem where Siri would start saying my text message and then the audio would cut out before getting the whole message. I noticed there was a setting to roll back to the previous software version and ever since then it’s been a brick. Does anyone know how to get it working again?
I normally update all firmware, etc to latest but on this I held off as the package stated not to update if everything was working ok ... so, I don't know what I'm missing by not updating but so far so good. Hope you get it worked out.
Question about the CarlinKit: If you start the car and drive for a while while connected wirelessly, and then plug your phone in directly to the USB port on the device, does CarPlay just continue normally or does it "reconnect/handoff" from wireless mode to wired mode? Curious what happens when you go from wireless to wired, or unplug and go from wired to wireless.
I have yet to plug in since adding the wireless charging and wireless carplay but I'll try to remember next time I'm out there and report back. Would be good to know how it handles it.

Users who are viewing this thread