5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless CarPlay Dongle

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
Not a fan of newest update. Much longer to connect, freezes up (twice so far). Music skipped much more. Is there a way to go back to the last update? When it freezes I have to un plug and plug back in.

1500DFW

Reaction score
Not a fan of newest update. Much longer to connect, freezes up (twice so far). Music skipped much more. Is there a way to go back to the last update? When it freezes I have to un plug and plug back in.

Mine had some issues a while back. Turned out it was just the software with the truck itself that took a dump. But during my troubleshooting, I was trying to figure how to factory reset the device, I was able to login to the 192.xxx address used to update and it had an option to roll back to the previous update. No option to reset for factory reset but you could roll back which I did and never did the newest update. Been working fine since.

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
Thanks I will look for that. Got English back. On boot up screen there is a globe on bottom right (I think it’s there) press globe and it changes language keep pressing until you get to english

mine worked way better before update. It is not horrible now but was better before it

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
ok just having some trouble with this thing I am sure it is all me. Went to the in laws today. CarPlay working great. While in the house not connected to the carplay2 my iPhone froze up while on google. So I reset the phone. Turned off and back on. Everything working fine. When we went to go hove get in start up truck. Getting the never ending connecting. Un plug and plug back in. Still never ending connection. Went to phone I see the WiFi for it but not connected so I press the connection on my WiFi and it’s asking for a password. I have no idea.

Is there a factory rest and I can start again. un pair my phone then re pair again?
🙏

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
ok just having some trouble with this thing I am sure it is all me. Went to the in laws today. CarPlay working great. While in the house not connected to the carplay2 my iPhone froze up while on google. So I reset the phone. Turned off and back on. Everything working fine. When we went to go hove get in start up truck. Getting the never ending connecting. Un plug and plug back in. Still never ending connection. Went to phone I see the WiFi for it but not connected so I press the connection on my WiFi and it’s asking for a password. I have no idea.

Is there a factory rest and I can start again. un pair my phone then re pair again?
🙏
Call me

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
Got it. Not sure what i did but after about 30 to 40 min of playing with it and a stop at waffle house it is working. Thanks again secuityguy for responding and being there.

gzgg99

Reaction score
mine FINALLY came...and I could use some help. I don't like the way it functions and maybe I'm doing something wrong. When I plugged in for carplay, 90% of the time it would just pull up Waze and leave my audio on SXM, which is my preference for behavior. With the wireless it pulls up Waze but switches my audio to carplay. I don't know who at Ram decided that SXM isn't an easily selected input, you have to go to sources and then select SXM (asinine). So to get back to SXM, I have to go to Audio, select input, SXM then back to the split screen where I have Waze and my SXM music. Less than ideal every time I get in the car. Anyone know if there is a way to change this behavior? If not, I might have a day old CarPlay2Air for sale.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
mine FINALLY came...and I could use some help. I don't like the way it functions and maybe I'm doing something wrong. When I plugged in for carplay, 90% of the time it would just pull up Waze and leave my audio on SXM, which is my preference for behavior. With the wireless it pulls up Waze but switches my audio to carplay. I don't know who at Ram decided that SXM isn't an easily selected input, you have to go to sources and then select SXM (asinine). So to get back to SXM, I have to go to Audio, select input, SXM then back to the split screen where I have Waze and my SXM music. Less than ideal every time I get in the car. Anyone know if there is a way to change this behavior? If not, I might have a day old CarPlay2Air for sale.
Call my cell. 904-304-3994. Larry

frostymug

Reaction score
Hey if you sell, let me know. I’m not too far from you.

gzgg99

Reaction score
Call my cell. 904-304-3994. Larry
Larry, appreciate the offer, just getting back around to this. I figured one thing out and the other seems to have resolved itself. I never noticed (and obviously didn't read it in the manual) that you can change which inputs are your favorites, so I fixed that and moved AM to a sub-menu and SXM to the primary menu.

As for the CarPlay taking over and wanting to play apple music instead of leaving SXM, somehow after changing it a few times, it seems to have learned (?) that I want it that way and now Waze comes up and SXM stays my audio source.

I think I'm good for now, but reserve the right to call you if it gets messed up again :)

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Larry, appreciate the offer, just getting back around to this. I figured one thing out and the other seems to have resolved itself. I never noticed (and obviously didn't read it in the manual) that you can change which inputs are your favorites, so I fixed that and moved AM to a sub-menu and SXM to the primary menu.

As for the CarPlay taking over and wanting to play apple music instead of leaving SXM, somehow after changing it a few times, it seems to have learned (?) that I want it that way and now Waze comes up and SXM stays my audio source.

I think I'm good for now, but reserve the right to call you if it gets messed up again :)
Awesome...I was going to share that you can select your inputs among a few other things. If you ever want to call, feel free and I'm happy to help! My radio boots up on XM all of the time.

Rmisbach

Reaction score
First week with the CPLAY2air. So far it’s been working great. Easy setup and connects quickly every time. Only issue is there is this random blue highlight under a single app almost every time I first start the truck. It comes and goes during each drive cycle. Usually if I press the Home Screen button on CarPlay it will go away when it returns to the main screen again. Anyone experiencing this?

Attachments

• E5E2B161-8438-486A-9092-BA7876A4DAEA.jpeg
    E5E2B161-8438-486A-9092-BA7876A4DAEA.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 67

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
First week with the CPLAY2air. So far it’s been working great. Easy setup and connects quickly every time. Only issue is there is this random blue highlight under a single app almost every time I first start the truck. It comes and goes during each drive cycle. Usually if I press the Home Screen button on CarPlay it will go away when it returns to the main screen again. Anyone experiencing this?
Never noticed, but is irrelevant regardless

frostymug

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that opening almost any app on your phone will change the audio source? I typically listen to SiriusXM and am noticing that if I open the Amazon app, email, and others, it changes the input to USB and stops playing Sirius. The only time this happened when I used to use Carplay via the lightning cable was if I opened ESPN or another app that had autoplay videos.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread