5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless CarPlay Dongle

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sometimes all the updates do is make it compatible with more vehicles and nothing more. They do not post version enhancement files so we don't have any idea what the changes impact.

BlckDT

Reaction score
Asked about the new dongle menu options and here is the response from CarPlay2Air:

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Synchronous mode (normal, compatible):
Default : Normal mode
Normal mode: Resolve instrument panel display problems.
Compatible mode: Resolves the issue of certain vehicles not connecting to the dongle.

Media Sound (CD, DVD):
Default DVD
DVD : better sound quality.
CD: solves the problem that certain cars have static/playback issues

Media Delay (300 to 2000 milliseconds): Default 1000
The greater the delay, the audio is less likely to stutter. The lower the delay, the music, and album art/images will be more synchronized.

This delay setting is associated with the network environment in which the vehicle can be adjusted according to the actual circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kimkeys99

Reaction score
I was thinking about ordering one after reading thIs thread. How long does it take for you to receive it after being ordered?

Bluesurf

Reaction score
I have issues with this dongle. It continuously freezes and I have to unplug and replug into USB port. Also Amy time sound on calls is really bad.
I found a fix that works every time on my unit. It hasn't failed me yet. ( I'm running IOS 14) When your map freezes, or is missing the map and its a white space do this: Touch the 8 small squares at the bottom left of your screen. I open the texting app and then click on the left screen to the map app I use Waze and my screen jumps into working action. I have not pulled my plug since.

stevestrike

Reaction score
I've noticed since the most recent updates (iOS & this device) that my unit connects even when using remote start now. Besides having to pull the USB to reboot the unit every so often, I've been very pleased with this so far!

AZHUND

Reaction score
Why when you know that this one works great?
I have the same question because a few people have said CPLAY2air is a rebranded Carlinkit. So why buy the rebranded one off their website for $129, when I can go on Amazon and buy the non-rebranded Carlinkit (and be able to return to Amazon if it doesn't work and have it arrive at my door in 2 days) for $125.... But if they are not really the same thing and CPLAY2air is the "good" one (Carlinkit reviews are mixed...) then I will gladly pay the extra $5 and wait a few weeks. So that is my thought process that I am stuck in.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have the same question because a few people have said CPLAY2air is a rebranded Carlinkit. So why buy the rebranded one off their website for $129, when I can go on Amazon and buy the non-rebranded Carlinkit (and be able to return to Amazon if it doesn't work and have it arrive at my door in 2 days) for $125.... But if they are not really the same thing and CPLAY2air is the "good" one (Carlinkit reviews are mixed...) then I will gladly pay the extra $5 and wait a few weeks. So that is my thought process that I am stuck in.
PM me for a potential discount...there are over 50 people that have purchased this unit on the forum and it works excellent. Nothing is 100%, but this unit is as close as you're going to get.

Reactions: Rau

moabbikr

Reaction score
Exactly why I was asking but if you can get a small discount it will be worth getting the one that we know works..

Users who are viewing this thread