5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless CarPlay Dongle

kooz21

Reaction score
I just received mine yesterday, ordered on 1/6. I’ll count myself lucky.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
It is not a customs thing. The POST OFFICE is having major issues now with all shipments. I sent something out on 12/28 and it still has yet to deliver. This is a POST OFFICE issue and not the shippers fault. The USPS $ucks right now!!!
^^^ This ^^^
Mine took about 9 days to arrive from China back in April. As usual, the post office is showing its 21-century logistics prowess by screwing up the most basic of services.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How long did everyone have to wait for their CarPlay2Air? Mine has been sitting in MD since Jan 6 at some origin hub. I'm sure it's a customs thing, but it's been a while and I'm anxious to get it and annoyed it's taking so long.
I ordered on 4/29/20 and received it 7/6/20. I should’ve paid for expedited shipping, but I didn’t realize it would be THAT deprioritized. Others ordering at nearly the same time received theirs (expedited) within a week or two.

gzgg99

Reaction score
I ordered on 4/29/20 and received it 7/6/20. I should’ve paid for expedited shipping, but I didn’t realize it would be THAT deprioritized. Others ordering at nearly the same time received theirs (expedited) within a week or two.
It's funny how these things work. I ordered a watch once, came from Japan and was here in 2 days. I think sometimes batches go right through customs and other times batches get held up and inspected. It's random and I'm guessing from the sound of it yours and mine are in a batch that randomly got selected.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's funny how these things work. I ordered a watch once, came from Japan and was here in 2 days. I think sometimes batches go right through customs and other times batches get held up and inspected. It's random and I'm guessing from the sound of it yours and mine are in a batch that randomly got selected.
I'm telling you...it is NOT in customs!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah—if the tracking info was to be believed, mine spent about 1 month in customs (while @Neurobit's "expedited" order blew right through just before I placed my order).

Rau

Reaction score
Is there any way to have wireless CarPlay and OBD Fusion connected at the same time? I have to unplug my CarPlay device every when I need to connect to OBD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
I got it today and installed tonight at gas station. Took 3 min and working great so far. 15 min. Went into mini mart cam out started up connection is quick. Not even a min. It was up when radio came up.
Tried update. Could not figure out
I had CarPlay on radio
Went to phone put in IP address searched it came up saying it is an iPhone address but nothing to connect to.
Did not have time to play with it. Will look at it tomorrow.
Might not update unless I have problems

so far so good. Thanks all for helping on this thread.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I got it today and installed tonight at gas station. Took 3 min and working great so far. 15 min. Went into mini mart cam out started up connection is quick. Not even a min. It was up when radio came up.
I had CarPlay on radio
Went to phone put in IP address searched it came up saying it is an iPhone address but nothing to connect to.

You must search for the update while connected to the CarPlay dongle. Once connected, input 192.168.50.2 on the address field in Safari, and you’ll see if there are any updates to install.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had CarPlay on radio

When your phone is connected to the CarPlay device, and the screen shows CarPlay, go into Safari and just type in 192.168.50.2 and it will automatically come up, check for an update and ask to install if one is available.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
You must search for the update while connected to the CarPlay dongle. Once connected, input 192.168.50.2 on the address field in Safari, and you’ll see if there are any updates to install.
Looks like we were typing at exactly the same time :ROFLMAO:

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
Thanks guys. As long as it works like it did tonight it is great. I added my own wireless charger. So no more plug in any thing. Can you re hook the phone to Uconnect or leave that off? I guess it would be useless to do it

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. As long as it works like it did tonight it is great. I added my own wireless charger. So no more plug in any thing. Can you re hook the phone to Uconnect or leave that off? I guess it would be useless to do it
Once you are connected to CarPlay, the Uconnect BT connection is dead. You should not have your Uconnect programmed with your phone in it and you should delete the Uconnect BT connection from your phone. All you want is a connection to the CarPlay dongle.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Once you are connected to CarPlay, the Uconnect BT connection is dead. You should not have your Uconnect programmed with your phone in it and you should delete the Uconnect BT connection from your phone. All you want is a connection to the CarPlay dongle.
^^^ This ^^^

Users who are viewing this thread