5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless CarPlay Dongle

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
Went great no updat needed. Uses safari today instead of google chrome

did notice playing music over CarPlay once in a while get a skip. Nothing big or to distracting.

snj1013

Reaction score
Thinking of ordering the Carlinkit 2 from Amazon. I'm guessing most are using Apple Car Play. Any issues using Android Auto?

RSZ

Reaction score
Thinking of ordering the Carlinkit 2 from Amazon. I'm guessing most are using Apple Car Play. Any issues using Android Auto?
There is a solution specifically for Android Auto;

jastevenson

Reaction score
have heard issues in non-Ram forums that steering wheels audio controls (skip track, volume) stop working. Anyone had this issue? I use my steering wheel controls all the time.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thinking of ordering the Carlinkit 2 from Amazon. I'm guessing most are using Apple Car Play. Any issues using Android
have heard issues in non-Ram forums that steering wheels audio controls (skip track, volume) stop working. Anyone had this issue? I use my steering wheel controls all the time.
No issues with my steering wheel buttons!

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
Mine work with slight delay

had problem connecting today. After starting truck went into connecting mode and stated. I looked at phone WiFi still connected to house. So I drive off figuring it would connect after house dropped. It did not. I canceled re blue tooth an all was working again. Hope don’t have to do this every time?

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
OK it is the remote start. If I use it the Dongle will not connect. I know I seen that somewhere in this post. but thought it was fixed.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
OK it is the remote start. If I use it the Dongle will not connect. I know I seen that somewhere in this post. but thought it was fixed.
Not sure what you are talking about with "Remote Start" and what that has to do with CarPlay? Please help us to understand.

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
When I use my remote start and let truck the truck run for a few min while I am in the house or in a store with my phone on me. When I get into truck it will not connect. It just keeps searching. If I unplug the carplay2 and plug back in it works.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
When I use my remote start and let truck the truck run for a few min while I am in the house or in a store with my phone on me. When I get into truck it will not connect. It just keeps searching. If I unplug the carplay2 and plug back in it works.
PM me and we can chat via phone and I'll tell you how to deal with that scenario and fix it.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As any audiophile will tell you, wireless audio connections are going to lag behind their wired counterparts when it comes to audio quality. But what they give up in fidelity, they more than make up for in convenience, making them a great choice for people who do not care about the fidelity of their music.

For people with more discerning ears, a wired audio connection is going to give better audio quality, albeit at the expense of some convenience.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
As any audiophile will tell you, wireless audio connections are going to lag behind their wired counterparts when it comes to audio quality. But what they give up in fidelity, they more than make up for in convenience, making them a great choice for people who do not care about the fidelity of their music.

For people with more discerning ears, a wired audio connection is going to give better audio quality, albeit at the expense of some convenience.
And you are a very wise man indeed...very wise ;)

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
Just did update today. Said for better connection. I did the update no problem. The only problem is now all the English on my screen while booting or searching is now in Chinese. Not a big deal I know what most of the boxes were so can figure it out. Just strange that my English is gone.

gzgg99

Reaction score
Still haven't received mine...ordered it in December. They FINALLY agreed that it was lost in transit from China and are supposedly sending me a new one. The USPS label was created, but the parcel was never transferred to the post office. Highly frustrating, but still looking forward to getting this thing....eventually.

jastevenson

Reaction score
For those considering ordering, I looked at both the one that ships from China and the one available on Amazon available with 2 day shipping. I didn’t have the patients to wait for the China one, but was worried since the amazon one got so-so reviews.

I’ve had the amazon one for a week or so and has been working great. I updated the firmware the day I got it which may have helped. Only beef is that you can’t seek within a track by holding down fast-forward like you can with normal CarPlay. It will just skip to the next song.

Users who are viewing this thread