5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless CarPlay Dongle

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Order mine car2play a few days ago. Hope no problems. Not real good with computer stuff. Hope updating and stuff is easy
If you need any help with it at all, just PM me and I'll help you get it all set-up over the phone like I have done for others. Happy to help my friend!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
If you need any help with it at all, just PM me and I'll help you get it all set-up over the phone like I have done for others. Happy to help my friend!
Same here. Available via PM if SG forgets to respond... :LOL:

Skater

Reaction score
Order mine car2play a few days ago. Hope no problems. Not real good with computer stuff. Hope updating and stuff is easy
Updating is as easy as typing in an IP address (192.168.50.2) into your browser once you are connected to it with your phone. It is very simple and updates itself if an update is available.

roadracer516

Reaction score

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Just purchased Carlinkit 2.0 from Amazon. Pulled out of box (did not update it), plugged it into usb1, connected via bluetooth and it connected in about 15 seconds and paired perfectly. Have cycled off an on a few times over an hour and it connected in less than 10 seconds all times. SO FAR SO GOOD. Here is the specific link to the one I purchased:

Glad to hear!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just purchased Carlinkit 2.0 from Amazon. Pulled out of box (did not update it), plugged it into usb1, connected via bluetooth and it connected in about 15 seconds and paired perfectly. Have cycled off an on a few times over an hour and it connected in less than 10 seconds all times. SO FAR SO GOOD. Here is the specific link to the one I purchased:

Happy to hear, but the reviews are HORRENDOUS on that unit😮 Keep us posted and try the update.

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
Getting worried. Was getting tracking info on my car2play. With a lot of places I never neared of. Then dir the last 5 days had my city in the tracking. Today looked and no tracking info at all. Did not have it in the mail today. Hope it shows up ttomorrow

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Getting worried. Was getting tracking info on my car2play. With a lot of places I never neared of. Then dir the last 5 days had my city in the tracking. Today looked and no tracking info at all. Did not have it in the mail today. Hope it shows up ttomorrow
If it’s coming USPS they are having serious delays. Everyone’s talking about the post office shipping issues. I shipped something on 12/28 and still has not arrived. Big problems so be patient!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Tool me months to receive mine (didn’t pay for expedited shipping).

1500DFW

Reaction score

For anyone hesitant about shipping times—you can buy the Carlinkit unit on Amazon and get Prime shipping. My understanding is they are both the same device packaged differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
That was a unique situation and back in the COVID days. Now, the post office is having other issues and are weeks behind on mail delivery across the country.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
For anyone hesitant about shipping times—you can buy the Carlinkit unit on Amazon and get Prime shipping. My understanding is they are both the same device packaged differently.
We're not sure yet if they are identical. However, it certainly appears that way or they are very close with minor changes.

gzgg99

Reaction score
How long did everyone have to wait for their CarPlay2Air? Mine has been sitting in MD since Jan 6 at some origin hub. I'm sure it's a customs thing, but it's been a while and I'm anxious to get it and annoyed it's taking so long.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
How long did everyone have to wait for their CarPlay2Air? Mine has been sitting in MD since Jan 6 at some origin hub. I'm sure it's a customs thing, but it's been a while and I'm anxious to get it and annoyed it's taking so long.
It is not a customs thing. The POST OFFICE is having major issues now with all shipments. I sent something out on 12/28 and it still has yet to deliver. This is a POST OFFICE issue and not the shippers fault. The USPS $ucks right now!!!

Users who are viewing this thread