5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless CarPlay Dongle

Venom700

Reaction score
I returned my unit for an exchange then they shipped my unit back to my old address instead of my current address and now I’ve been without my unit for months and it’s lost somewhere in the mail. Then I asked them about insurance on the missing package and they pretty much told me I have to take it up with USPS even though I paid almost $60 dollars to ship my defective unit back to them with tracking and insurance and they didn’t put insurance on mine being mailed back to me. So in all I’m out of the original cost plus an extra 60 and don’t have any clue if I will ever see the janky unit again.
Time to just dispute everything with your credit card company.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I returned my unit for an exchange then they shipped my unit back to my old address instead of my current address and now I’ve been without my unit for months and it’s lost somewhere in the mail. Then I asked them about insurance on the missing package and they pretty much told me I have to take it up with USPS even though I paid almost $60 dollars to ship my defective unit back to them with tracking and insurance and they didn’t put insurance on mine being mailed back to me. So in all I’m out of the original cost plus an extra 60 and don’t have any clue if I will ever see the janky unit again.
Did they know you moved and have the correct address? I would contact my CC company and just dispute the entire charge...you know you can do that...correct?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did they know you moved and have the correct address? I would contact my CC company and just dispute the entire charge...you know you can do that...correct?
I bought it with my debit card. I could try that I guess. Just disappointed in how they handled the whole defective unit situation at this point and mad at the amount of time and interactions that were involved just to be at this point still.

Ksiegel9

Reaction score
Does my 2020 bighorn already have this in it? Or is that just Bluetooth I have? Because it’s clearly 2 different setups when I plug my iPhone in to when I get in the car and put the phone in the cup holder(no plug in). Don’t understand if this would eliminate the need to EVER plug in because I just installed the wireless charger.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Does my 2020 bighorn already have this in it? Or is that just Bluetooth I have? Because it’s clearly 2 different setups when I plug my iPhone in to when I get in the car and put the phone in the cup holder(no plug in). Don’t understand if this would eliminate the need to EVER plug in because I just installed the wireless charger.
You have to purchase the dongle. You have CarPlay, but NOT wireless CarPlay. This is what you want if you want to enjoy CarPlay wirelessly. You can just connect it to the wireless charger and no cables to get CarPlay. I keep my phone in my pocket and never take it out!

www.carplay2air.com

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
That’s the beauty of this. You can just use the wireless charger and CarPlay will work wirelessly.
Having a wireless charger and having to also plug in to have CarPlay was the reason I got this in the first place. Now I never have to (and only use the wireless charger on trips, since my phone is always topped off during the day).

NewRam92

Reaction score
Reading through this now, is there a definitive best option between the Carlinkit 2.0 (Amazon) vs. CPlay2air? Curious if members have bad better results/reliability with one over the other...

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Reading through this now, is there a definitive best option between the Carlinkit 2.0 (Amazon) vs. CPlay2air? Curious if members have bad better results/reliability with one over the other...
There are FAR more of us that have the CarPlay2Air unit. I would think they are similar, but not sure one is any better than the other. I do know that a very high percentage of us with the CarPlay2Air have been very happy. I have had mine for quite sometime with no issues as have many.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Maybe...if the Amazon one is cheaper, I'd at least try that one first since it can more easily be returned.
Agree. I would have ordered that first but back then Car2Play was the only game in town. There were others on Amz but the reviews were horrendous.

NewRam92

Reaction score
Alright, I’m gonna pull the trigger on the carlinkit 2.0 from Amazon. I saw someone in the thread earlier said they got the “for Volkswagen” version and it worked perfectly. Not sure what the difference is between the versions but that one is the cheapest right now, so here goes...

1500DFW

Reaction score
Alright, I’m gonna pull the trigger on the carlinkit 2.0 from Amazon. I saw someone in the thread earlier said they got the “for Volkswagen” version and it worked perfectly. Not sure what the difference is between the versions but that one is the cheapest right now, so here goes...

I bought the same Volkswagen version on Amazon. It’s worked very well. I upgraded the firmware before installing. The instructions weren’t very good but you’ll manage. It does need to be unplugged and plugged right back in about once a month when it just won’t connect for some reason but other that works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I bought the same Volkswagen version on Amazon. It’s worked very well. I upgraded the firmware before installing. The instructions weren’t very good but you’ll manage. It does need to be unplugged and plugged right back in about once a month when it just won’t connect for some reason but other that works great.
Curious...how do you go about doing the upgrade on the one you bought? If you go to a web address to do your update, what is that address? Thanks!

1500DFW

Reaction score
Curious...how do you go about doing the upgrade on the one you bought? If you go to a web address to do your update, what is that address? Thanks!

61c8f2f5479c646faecfe0a555572ddf.jpg

c534ce99598040fb6d7cbd934016242e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
Order mine car2play a few days ago. Hope no problems. Not real good with computer stuff. Hope updating and stuff is easy

Users who are viewing this thread