5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's with the oil catch cans?

Rawyzf

Reaction score
This was oil condensate captured at oil change 5 @ 7,500 miles worth of driving with 27,500mi on the truck. I had about 1/8” of “Mayo” in the bottom of the canister
Shell Rotella Gas Truck Oil 5w-20
I added a Fumoto F106SX drain valve on my oil pan during this change too.
View attachment 81203
Love the use of the baby bottle!

whetrick1

Reaction score
I read most of this thread and I am sold. I just bought the Mishimoto catch can. Should be a fun hour(or two) install.

30 mins at the most.
97ceeca4768aa06bd73596b049d546c1.jpg

116043a1a8f58623e4010a9cb33854ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rawyzf

Reaction score
Thanks for all the Input on this thread. I have owned quiet a few CCs on my previous vehicles, and used UPR, Billet, and some other misc brands but have never tried the Mishimoto. So, gonna give that one a shot, just ordered it today.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the Input on this thread. I have owned quiet a few CCs on my previous vehicles, and used UPR, Billet, and some other misc brands but have never tried the Mishimoto. So, gonna give that one a shot, just ordered it today.
Best can on the market! When it arrives, put one of these on the bottom:

WhiteZombie

Reaction score
U

User_34235

Installing mine this week and I went with the mishimoto. Looks really easy to install and the truck is brand new so I plan on keeping it a long time.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Must be a a lot of Ram owners out there with lots of disposable income to spend the money on the name attached to the Mishimoto catch can. I would be highly surprised if it did any better than the other baffled catch can at least than half the price.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Must be a a lot of Ram owners out there with lots of disposable income to spend the money on the name attached to the Mishimoto catch can. I would be highly surprised if it did any better than the other baffled catch can at least than half the price.

Well the lifetime warranty is good enough for. My hoses started getting cracks in them after about 2 years. So I took pictures of them and showed mishimoto and they replaces them with no problems. And the valve I bought was just like the you posted but mine was brass and cost about 4.00 dollars at Lowe's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U

User_34235

Maybe its operator error, but when I went to install the bracket for the Moshimoto OCC, it would not fit on my 2021 Bighorn. I removed the bolt on the radiator as directed, put the bracket in place but when I went to align the hole on the bracket to thread in the bolt the bracket hit the line that runs right next to the radiator and would not allow the bolt to be threaded. I contacted Moshimoto and am waiting to hear back but I wonder if something changed on the 21 that makes it not fit.
Anyone else install the Moshimoto OCC on a 2021?
Thanks all

jai91

Reaction score
Maybe its operator error, but when I went to install the bracket for the Moshimoto OCC, it would not fit on my 2021 Bighorn. I removed the bolt on the radiator as directed, put the bracket in place but when I went to align the hole on the bracket to thread in the bolt the bracket hit the line that runs right next to the radiator and would not allow the bolt to be threaded. I contacted Moshimoto and am waiting to hear back but I wonder if something changed on the 21 that makes it not fit.
Anyone else install the Moshimoto OCC on a 2021?
Thanks all

Yes, I just finished the install on my 2021 Longhorn with E-Torque. The hardest part for me was removing the existing tubing as I had to cut off one of the rubber pieces because it would not come loose. I followed the install video from Mishimoto. Everything worked exactly how it was in the video.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes, I just finished the install on my 2021 Longhorn with E-Torque. The hardest part for me was removing the existing tubing as I had to cut off one of the rubber pieces because it would not come loose.
You have to give the hoses a hard TWIST and then they'll pop right off.

jai91

Reaction score
You have to give the hoses a hard TWIST and then they'll pop right off.
I swear I tried it all, and after about 15 minutes I said screw it and took a box cutter and made a small cut. Then pulled at the cut til it reached further up the sleeve and it popped right off.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I swear I tried it all, and after about 15 minutes I said screw it and took a box cutter and made a small cut. Then pulled at the cut til it reached further up the sleeve and it popped right off.
Box cutters work too :ROFLMAO:

WhiteZombie

Reaction score
Yes, I just finished the install on my 2021 Longhorn with E-Torque. The hardest part for me was removing the existing tubing as I had to cut off one of the rubber pieces because it would not come loose. I followed the install video from Mishimoto. Everything worked exactly how it was in the video.
Thanks for posting the video. Installation was a breeze.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you want cheap, then you don't want the best OCC you can buy, a Mishimoto ;) Just be careful as all OCC are not alike. Some use steel wool inside (really cheap ones); some are just a cavity with zero baffling inside (really cheap ones). You want a baffled high quality can that will actually separate the water/fuel/oil and not allow it to get sucked back through vacuum line into your intake. Stay away from eBay cans is my advice.
So what you are saying is my recycled water bottle isn't quality?

Step 1: Parts Needed​

FJWLHFLI6YXPMRJ.jpg

FKLZ763I6YXPPHQ.jpg

FWU3K22I6YXQNWD.jpg

F4UN4T9I6YXPN1H.jpg

pixel.png

pixel.png

• Aluminum Water Bottle
  • Motorcycle Air Filter
  • Small section of rubber hose
  • Epoxy Putty
  • Car Fire Extinguisher Mount
  • Steel Fiber
  • Copper/Bronze Fitting
  • Nuts, bolts, self-tapping screws.

Last edited by a moderator:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So what you are saying is my recycled water bottle isn't quality?

Step 1: Parts Needed​

FJWLHFLI6YXPMRJ.jpg

FKLZ763I6YXPPHQ.jpg

FWU3K22I6YXQNWD.jpg

F4UN4T9I6YXPN1H.jpg

pixel.png

pixel.png

• Aluminum Water Bottle
  • Motorcycle Air Filter
  • Small section of rubber hose
  • Epoxy Putty
  • Car Fire Extinguisher Mount
  • Steel Fiber
  • Copper/Bronze Fitting
  • Nuts, bolts, self-tapping screws.
Being a vented catch can, no, and it won't work.

Users who are viewing this thread