5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What exhaust to get?

willogical

Reaction score
I've got a question for this thread -- I'm looking at the Borla ATAK and the Corsa Xtreme (now the sport) -- the difference in price is like $1000.

One thing I noticed is that the Borla ATAK is only listed on the Borla website for the 5'7" bed, not the 6'4" bed. Does anyone know if you can fit the ATAK to the 6'4" bed, as well?

Anyone got an answer before I blow enough money my fiancé wants to call off our wedding?

KonaLaury

Reaction score
@Caulk virtually no drone. At certain speeds I can hear the exhaust but not annoying. In fact, I am enjoying the sound of it more each day

ddjohns29

Reaction score
After all the research, video clips, and reading through this forum, I decided on the Borla Atak. I ordered the Borla Atak (140753BC) today. I found it online for $992.74, including shipping and no tax. Any body found a better deal?
Where did you order from? I am wanting to order the Atak as well, but don't want to get scammed by a fake website (happened to me with a train horn I ordered).

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Where did you order from? I am wanting to order the Atak as well, but don't want to get scammed by a fake website (happened to me with a train horn I ordered).
I ordered from AutoHance. Smooth transaction. Now just waiting on my truck so I can install

~Ocho1~

Reaction score
I just installed the B2 Fabrication oval yesterday. Very easy install, & the sound is exactly what I was looking for. Definitely deeper than stock, a little louder & absolutely no drone.

2020SD

Reaction score
Started with a MBRP but it was louder than the wife liked, I thought it sounded great. Ended up with the B2 oval which ended up being a good compromise between me and the wife, probably more favorable towards what my wife prefers. I have a MBRP for sale now though!
How much?

pinzg35

Reaction score
I just installed the B2 Fabrication oval yesterday. Very easy install, & the sound is exactly what I was looking for. Definitely deeper than stock, a little louder & absolutely no drone.
How much louder would you say the B2 oval is compared to stock? Do you get any drone during highway speeds?

pinzg35

Reaction score
Not too much louder. I'd say maybe 20-25% louder. so far I've had no drone what so ever, even when in MDS
That's good to know. Honestly just looking for something a bit more then the stock exhaust and it seems like the B2 would do just that. I just don't want to regret it if it gets to be too much after longer drives/commutes.

2020SD

Reaction score
Started with a MBRP but it was louder than the wife liked, I thought it sounded great. Ended up with the B2 oval which ended up being a good compromise between me and the wife, probably more favorable towards what my wife prefers. I have a MBRP for sale now though!
You sold this right?

~Ocho1~

Reaction score
That's good to know. Honestly just looking for something a bit more then the stock exhaust and it seems like the B2 would do just that. I just don't want to regret it if it gets to be too much after longer drives/commutes.

I haven't been on any long drives, as I'm lucky enough to be working 25 minutes from home on this current project (but that wont last forever). But so far, like driving around on the weekends & stuff, the exhaust is extremely liveable. I'm even thinking about doing the resonator delete to make it just a little bit louder.

Inside the truck you can hear the exhaust, it lets you know you got a Hemi, but not obnoxious at all. Just deeper sounding, meaner.....

pinzg35

Reaction score
I haven't been on any long drives, as I'm lucky enough to be working 25 minutes from home on this current project (but that wont last forever). But so far, like driving around on the weekends & stuff, the exhaust is extremely liveable. I'm even thinking about doing the resonator delete to make it just a little bit louder.

Inside the truck you can hear the exhaust, it lets you know you got a Hemi, but not obnoxious at all. Just deeper sounding, meaner.....
Order placed! It does sound more 'complete' with the resonator delete but I think I will like how just adding the new muffler will sound like.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Truck hero.com for borla atak. If you call they will even give you a better price

JVS0302

Reaction score
I'm going to be doing a review of a new exhaust coming out soon from AWE Tuning. If its anything like their exhaust that I had on my Mustang GT and their Challenger/Charger exhausts then its gonna kill Borla and Corsa soundwise.

Any eta on when the AWE exhaust is due to release?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klicht87

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Stainless Works? I've listened to every exhaust video on the internet and still can't decide. The Stainless Works catback sounds pretty darn good but haven't really seen any comments on it from the forums.

JVS0302

Reaction score
They are building mine as we speak so I can install and review, I beleive they said end of June beginning of July for mainstream release.

Nice , I see the TRX model is out now and it sounds insane. Any idea of the sound level they are going for on the 5.7?

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice , I see the TRX model is out now and it sounds insane. Any idea of the sound level they are going for on the 5.7?

They said it was pretty mellow until you get on it, I haven’t heard it yet but they said there has been a bunch of people stopping them to find out what it was. I’m hoping to have it this week or next, definitely be posting sound clips and stuff on here.

Users who are viewing this thread