5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered this Nice emblem for the upper glove compartment of my Laramie. Hoping to maybe install this weekend. 🤔🤔

Attachments

• received_1404470117153621.jpeg
    received_1404470117153621.jpeg
    135.7 KB · Views: 39
  • received_3201639886808282.jpeg
    received_3201639886808282.jpeg
    147.6 KB · Views: 39

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does that mean you have to trade it in everytime a new model comes out like most iPhone users?
Yup, they just change the stickers from iCamper14s to iCamper15x, give them a quick vacuum and put 'em back on the showroom floor.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would love to get an RV if they would update the insides. They all look so damn old.
The new ones don’t look a whole lot different than the old ones.
The new ones are also way lesser quality than the older ones, at least in a comparison with ours. At least ours is fairly neutral in color scheme. Some are gawdy.Bumper pull trailers are no different.
Ours is an 02’ Triple E Empress 38’. Canadian made and designed for our weather up here. Very solid RV. Mint condition. One owner before us from new. Only 60,000 miles on a Freightliner chassis with 330 hp CAT turbo diesel. 6 Speed Allison trans. Full body paint. 2 big slides.
I paid the equivalent of $32,200 USD. I stole it!
That Coach sold for $318,000 plus tax new in 2002.
I’m not going to complain!
Most of you young whippersnappers have never driven something like this so you wouldn’t understand what they’re about. Once you get to be my age, comfort and convenience is where it’s at. I like “Roughing it“ my way! 😎

Last edited:

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The new ones are also way lesser quality than the older ones, at least in a comparison with ours. At least ours is fairly neutral in color scheme. Some are gawdy.Bumper pull trailers are no different.
Ours is an 02’ Triple E Empress 38’. Canadian made and designed for our weather up here. Very solid RV. Mint condition. One owner before us from new. Only 60,000 miles on a Freightliner chassis with 330 hp CAT turbo diesel. 6 Speed Allison trans. Full body paint. 2 big slides.
Most of you young whippersnappers have never driven something like this so you wouldn’t understand what they’re about. Once you get to be my age, comfort and convenience is where it’s at. I like “Roughing it“ my way! 😎
I don't disagree that you got a great deal and I'm jealous. The inside of those things are just so dated.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't disagree that you got a great deal and I'm jealous. The inside of those things are just so dated.
Your opinion. You’re entitled to it.
Not sure what you expect them to look like?
It’s an RV. Not a house.
Neutral tones are neutral tones.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, got a price from the dealership for the Limited grille.
As I suspected, not cheap! $2800 + installation + tax.
I’ll get an estimate from a body shop for full replacement.
Looks like I will probably go through insurance. It’s covered under the comprehensive coverage. Won’t affect my insurance rates.
$300 deductible.

Insanity

Reaction score
Looks like I will probably go through insurance. It’s covered under the comprehensive coverage. Won’t affect my insurance rates.
$300 deductible.

Wow thats pricy.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
$300 deductible.
😮

Wow. Had to have mine replaced back in Jan/Feb 2021 and it was $1800 (other vehicle's insurance paid).

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's a great price. And you're dead on about new quality. A buddy of my dad's just traded in his Prevost for a brand new American, and it's been in the shop more than it's been on the road. It's a beautiful machine, but I can't imagine the headache.

Realtruck

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
This is the ONLY way my wife will camp! It’s only her and I and 2 small dogs. We started in a tent 28 years ago. Gotta admit. This is better!
View attachment 171859
View attachment 171863
View attachment 171861
View attachment 171862
View attachment 171860
View attachment 171864
View attachment 171865
Your wife has the right idea! There's just something about indoor plumbing that makes the camping experience a bit more pleasant. You have definitely nailed it with this impressive rig!

Users who are viewing this thread