5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Waited 3 hours for an alignment, oil change, and state inspection today. While I was at the dealership, heard a 1500 GT idle and accelerate, and it had the perfect exhaust note. I’m sure there’s something on here about it, but I would like to know what it would cost to swap my factory exhaust system with the stock GT one.
It’s probably the Mopar performance exhaust

Ccroce

Reaction score
It’s probably the Mopar performance exhaust

Thats what I thought initially, but it sounded a bit different than the other Mopar cat-back I heard. I saw this from a MotorTrend article, which made me think it was something different.

Attachments

• 788C8B30-B52A-4CA7-ABE2-BB07FB2F64A4.png
    788C8B30-B52A-4CA7-ABE2-BB07FB2F64A4.png
    323.5 KB · Views: 68

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thats what I thought initially, but it sounded a bit different than the other Mopar cat-back I heard. I saw this from a MotorTrend article, which made me think it was something different.
It may sound different because it also has the RamAir CAI

Gadgetech

Reaction score
I really like cold starts with my GT
Waited 3 hours for an alignment, oil change, and state inspection today. While I was at the dealership, heard a 1500 GT idle and accelerate, and it had the perfect exhaust note. I’m sure there’s something on here about it, but I would like to know what it would cost to swap my factory exhaust system with the stock GT one.
Love cold starts on my GT.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Replaced my switch panel with the Auxbeam RGB panel. So far I love it!

0ee6a6959bbd8be23c18cccec25ff30f.jpg

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
Took advantage of a day off work to knock out the install on my Rough Country rear wheel well liners and S&B intake.

The Rough Country liners are excellent quality and absolutely miserable to install. I read through a few threads here and watched a couple of YouTube videos. I tried heat, I tried starting at different angles, I tried it with the wheels on and wheels off, I tried everything. Anyhow, they're in now and that's all that matters. They are a great looking and affordable option - bought and shipped to my door for less than $100 - and the material will be really easy to clean. Plus it's peace of mind on rust prevention.

The S&B intake install went much faster and easier. I had this intake on my Silverado and loved the way it sounded. It really wakes the Hemi up! I don't know if I'll see any mpg improvements but I bought it for the sound anyhow. And as always, S&B has the best install instructions of any product I've ever seen. Everything is super detailed with pictures for every little step.

U

User_63152

I did a little experiment over the last 2-3 days. I did 0-60 times (5 runs average) before and after my Pulsar and S&B intake install.

0-60 before. Stock truck, 1.5'' front level, 33'' tires, heat/air off, 4wd auto engaged, 87 octane fuel. The speedo was not calibrated for my larger diameter tires at this point. I was running ~2 mph faster @ ~60 mph. Using cheapo
7.011 // 6.951 // 7.109 // 6.830 // 6.910 = 6.9622

0-60 after. Stock truck, 1.5'' front level, 33'' tires, heat/air off, 4wd auto engaged, Pulsar module (Performance MDS Off), S&B air intake. Tire diameter was corrected with the Pulsar module. Also, I filled up with 93 octane fuel.
6.200 // 6.128 // 5.930 // 6.210 // 6.093 = 6.1122

I'd say that's not too shabby for a ~5000 lb. truck. :cool:

High and low pics. (I am assuming) These are real world times (using the Veepeak BLE+ and the Car Scanner app). I used the same stretch of road (same start point) for all test runs. Dry pavement, weather was low/no wind and about 35-40 degrees on each of the 2 days of testing.(y)

Attachments

• IMG_1050.PNG
    IMG_1050.PNG
    65.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1096.PNG
    IMG_1096.PNG
    66.1 KB · Views: 56
Last edited by a moderator:

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Somewhere on this forum ,a member said when in tight parking spot the raise theirs all the way up and put the running boards out, to help with door dings. Since mine is still in shipping I wouldn't know if it works or not. Does this one look lower or raised?
I do the same thing….. as I’m pulling into a parking lot I’ll raise the truck to OR2 and once I park I simply lower the steps from the uconnect. helps with people getting a little too close when parking. Won’t actually stop a door from another truck but will ‘remind’ them that they’re too close.

U

User_63152

Took advantage of a day off work to knock out the install on my Rough Country rear wheel well liners and S&B intake.

The Rough Country liners are excellent quality and absolutely miserable to install. I read through a few threads here and watched a couple of YouTube videos. I tried heat, I tried starting at different angles, I tried it with the wheels on and wheels off, I tried everything. Anyhow, they're in now and that's all that matters. They are a great looking and affordable option - bought and shipped to my door for less than $100 - and the material will be really easy to clean. Plus it's peace of mind on rust prevention.

The S&B intake install went much faster and easier. I had this intake on my Silverado and loved the way it sounded. It really wakes the Hemi up! I don't know if I'll see any mpg improvements but I bought it for the sound anyhow. And as always, S&B has the best install instructions of any product I've ever seen. Everything is super detailed with pictures for every little step.
I love my S&B. It growls. :ROFLMAO:
I left the rubber plug out, too.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Today I removed my Westin R7 steps and replaced them with the 2021+ Ram Off-Road Steps which are hard to find. Got a good deal and didn't want to pass it up. I like how these match the pattern on the bumper steps as well. I really like these. I gained 2" from ground to bottom of steps and the top of the step is 1.5" higher then before so I have a bigger step up to make now haha and I can tell the difference.

There are 2 things that have come to play once I got these one. They are more tucked up and tighter to the body therefore when getting in with steel toe boots I can hit the truck and think side stepping is better. The other thing is, I installed step lights prior with my old steps and they were in a good location. These RAM steps mount higher up to the body and forward of my lights so now my lights are behind hidden away. I'm gonna see what it looks like when it get darker if it's not good then I'm going to order new longer lights and either mount on the steps facing completely outward (blue in pictures) or on the body pointing at an angle to the steps (yellow in picture) . What do you think? Which way would be better?

Overall I really like these steps despite the fact they do allow me to hit truck easier with steel toe boots. I like the fact they make the truck appear higher and I also really like that the gap is gone between body and steps.

Before
View attachment 115405
After
View attachment 115401

View attachment 115400 View attachment 115402 View attachment 115403

Different locations for lights.
View attachment 115404

Damnit…I like these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did a little experiment over the last 2-3 days. I did 0-60 times (5 runs average) before and after my Pulsar and S&B intake install.

0-60 before. Stock truck, 1.5'' front level, 33'' tires, heat/air off, 4wd auto engaged. The speedo was not calibrated for my larger diameter tires at this point. I was running ~2 mph faster @ ~60 mph.

0-60 after. Stock truck, 1.5'' front level, 33'' tires, heat/air off, 4wd auto engaged, Pulsar module (Performance MDS Off), S&B air intake. Tire diameter was corrected with the Pulsar module.

High and low pics. (I am assuming) These are real world times (using the Veepeak BLE+ and the Car Scanner app). I used the same stretch of road (same start point) for all test runs. Dry pavement, weather was low/no wind and about 35-40 degrees on each of the 2 days of testing.(y)
Damn those are good times, did you happen to do any in stock mode to see how much of that increase was from the S&B alone? I’ve been eyeing the pulsar for a while but I’m curious about its real world improvements.

U

User_63152

Damn those are good times, did you happen to do any in stock mode to see how much of that increase was from the S&B alone? I’ve been eyeing the pulsar for a while but I’m curious about its real world improvements.
No, but, I can do that in the next few days if it doesn't snow again.(y)

I can definitely feel the difference with the Pulsar. I really like the economy mode, too (gas pedal isn't as touchy). It helps when the roads are slippery. :eek:

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

0-60 before. Stock truck, 1.5'' front level, 33'' tires, heat/air off, 4wd auto engaged. The speedo was not calibrated for my larger diameter tires at this point. I was running ~2 mph faster @ ~60 mph.

0-60 after. Stock truck, 1.5'' front level, 33'' tires, heat/air off, 4wd auto engaged, Pulsar module (Performance MDS Off), S&B air intake. Tire diameter was corrected with the Pulsar module.

That is a good decrease in 0-60 times. I think when I ran my times after Pulsar installation they were mid 6's, but then I was strictly running in 2wd so I had some tire spin. I have a high-flow air filter installed but no CAI.... your post is making me reconsider 😆💸

56 Pontiac

Reaction score

Huh. Pretty amazing - almost a second faster. I will be picking up the Ram Air system next week (should give similar results as your air intake), maybe I need to get a Pulsar ... but YIPES OVER $500??? (lamenting) why does everything for my truck cost so much :cry:

Dave

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread