5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered two pairs of CDT CL69S.
Guess I need to get some of the wire adapters and some panel removal tools here pretty soon.
Congrats! Do you want mid drivers for the rear? The rear have a full signal and can benefit from the speakers I have in my description. If you don’t want that, then rock on

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats! Do you want mid drivers for the rear? The rear have a full signal and can benefit from the speakers I have in my description. If you don’t want that, then rock on
Well crap. lol.
I know squat about modern stereo stuff. What's the benefit of using what you used vs going with 4 cl69s?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well crap. lol.
I know squat about modern stereo stuff. What's the benefit of using what you used vs going with 4 cl69s?
The front doors are only mid-bass speakers and only get that signal from amp. The rear doors are coaxial meaning they are mid-bass speakers with built in tweeters for full range audio sound. If you replace them with just the single stage midbass cl69s you will lose some of your sound stage.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The front doors are only mid-bass speakers and only get that signal from amp. The rear doors are coaxial meaning they are mid-bass speakers with built in tweeters for full range audio sound. If you replace them with just the single stage midbass cl69s you will lose some of your sound stage.
Thanks, I just emailed them to see if I can adjust my order before it ships. They offer a coax for the same cost, so I hope it's an easy change on their end.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
Today was a good one for my RAM. I got the Course Motorsports charging phone mount installed, got the tailgate ajar warning activated using AlfaOBD, ordered a Carlinkit wireless Android Auto adapter, and ordered new Wheels and tires. I am upgrading from the stock 18's, to 20's with 295/55r20 Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015's. I do mostly in town driving with some weekend travel trailer towing, so I didn't want a super aggressive tread, but wanted an E1 load rating.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Wait, do you have the alpine or Harmon system?

For alpine, yes, you'll want the tweeters.

For the Harmon, don't you have separate tweeters in the rear doors?

Also, for Harmon, get the 4 ohm. For alpine, get the 2 ohm.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How difficult was swapping this part out? Just got the replacement piece in the mail.
It’s super simple. Remove the back part of the tailgate to expose the handle. It’s two screws and two clips plus the camera that need to be removed. Very easy. I did mine in under 10 mins.

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
Got the truck leveled. ReadyLift 2” pre-load spacer. I have only driven the truck about 30 miles since the lift but I don’t notice much if any difference in ride quality from stock. And it still has slight rake about .75”. Very pleased so far 😁
Wow! I love how those wheels/tires look on your truck, one of the best looking setups I've seen! Makes me think I might have liked the silver better than my color, especially since silver stays cleaner looking after driving on rainy days.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wait, do you have the alpine or Harmon system?

For alpine, yes, you'll want the tweeters.

For the Harmon, don't you have separate tweeters in the rear doors?

Also, for Harmon, get the 4 ohm. For alpine, get the 2 ohm.

HK
I ordered 4ohm.

Guess I need to email them back and let them know to ignore my request to adjust.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
HK
I ordered 4ohm.

Guess I need to email them back and let them know to ignore my request to adjust.
Sorry about that. I thought you had alpine for some reason.

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow! I love how those wheels/tires look on your truck, one of the best looking setups I've seen! Makes me think I might have liked the silver better than my color, especially since silver stays cleaner looking after driving on rainy days.
Thanks!

Ldc2335

Reaction score
HK
I ordered 4ohm.

Really doesn't matter. It's the same speaker minus the tweeter. The tweeter will just sit there and look pretty if it never gets the frequencies it can play. Just wanted to make sure you at least you got the right Ohms.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@djevox @HSKR R/T @Ldc2335
I really appreciate all of your help andinsight on the speakers. As I mentioned last night, my experience with modern audio equipment is zip zero nada.

I don't expect to have an award winning system, but I can hear that my music sounds way different in my truck versus my earbuds. I just hope these do the trick of filling in whatever is missing, because right now it's like eating an apple pie and ice cream but there's no apples.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looking at all this sound system talk, I'd love to make so e changes to my truck but I've been down this road and tge receipts just keep adding up.
My only real complaint is the sub and that on certain bass notes it seems like something is rattling back there.
I think I'll open the sub enclosure and add some fiber filler like someone did a few pages back, may do some sound deadner on the back wall but I'm really too lazy to f with much more than that or it doesn't bother me as bad as I think. I don't need another mod vehicle.😄

Ldc2335

Reaction score
@djevox @HSKR R/T @Ldc2335
I really appreciate all of your help andinsight on the speakers. As I mentioned last night, my experience with modern audio equipment is zip zero nada.

I don't expect to have an award winning system, but I can hear that my music sounds way different in my truck versus my earbuds. I just hope these do the trick of filling in whatever is missing, because right now it's like eating an apple pie and ice cream but there's no apples.
I've done car audio builds in just about every vehicle since I was a teenager, but still not an expert by any means.

These CDT speakers are very nice and sound great. With the alpine system, they make a big difference, but they do draw more power than the stock ones and require you to turn up the bass on the radio a bit more to bring the bass level back up to stock.

My only concern with the Harmon system is everything I've read about the stock sub being obnoxious. If these make you turn up the bass, the sub is going to get more obnoxious. I've read that there was a firmware update that helped the Harmon system's issues, but it requires a dealer visit.

Fingers crossed it all works out and you love it.

What is your system lacking to your ear? Bass, clarity, vocals, etc?

Morenar

Reaction score
Weather has been great this week. Gave her the first wash of the New year!

Attachments

• 6170C493-136B-489A-8AE8-FBF97BC2B060.jpeg
    6170C493-136B-489A-8AE8-FBF97BC2B060.jpeg
    235.5 KB · Views: 167
  • 00A7327F-D6FD-40E8-84A8-67F2013B5FAF.jpeg
    00A7327F-D6FD-40E8-84A8-67F2013B5FAF.jpeg
    215.9 KB · Views: 167
  • 6F5B3E9A-028A-4570-A1E0-79306742BC8F.jpeg
    6F5B3E9A-028A-4570-A1E0-79306742BC8F.jpeg
    309.6 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New Years Day Hike with the hound. It was 39 degrees so no excuse not to get out in the woods. We only did about an hour you have to be safe on the ice up here.

v8uVeAE.jpg
krlm27p.jpg
RbYhA05.jpg
lRxKuNS.jpg

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Weather has been great this week. Gave her the first wash of the New year!

I like those wheels.
Just finished doing the same thing, 70° right now, supposed to be 38° by 7pm and 20° tomorrow morning. They sprayed the roads with an anti icing agent yesterday, here we go for snowmagedden 2.🙄

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread