5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

moparleo51

Reaction score
Just got my 5100 bilstein shock put on. Front adjustable and rear 5100s.sorry my drive is a little sloped. But I measured and now my fronts are 39 inch from bottom and rears is 39 1/8th in the rear.. looks good with the duratracs, but might go with a bigger tire soon.
a86c13a20812bb5c0d79f3e6399ef4e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

tom coverdill

Reaction score
2019 Ram Rebel Blackout Edition, Retrax Tonneau cover, Elevate Rack System, AMP electric running boards, OEM bed light kit, OEM tailgate strut, Tuff Stuff 4X4 Alpha Overland Tent and annex, Factory spray in bed liner

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 Ram Rebel Blackout Edition, Retrax Tonneau cover, Elevate Rack System, AMP electric running boards, OEM bed light kit, OEM tailgate strut, Tuff Stuff 4X4 Alpha Overland Tent and annex, Factory spray in bed liner
Did you ever work for University of Illinois?

abtennyson

Reaction score
Just finished prepping my truck for the rear bumper reverse flood lighting I purchased. All wiring was done with a CURT harness and all wiring has been installed in split loom tubing. Once the mounting bracket arrives, I'll finish her up and post pics!

UPDATE: OK...off to a great start being that it rained on and off today and my hitch bracket just came about an hour ago. I have the bracket installed; the lights mounted; the CURT harness connected up to the truck; the 5-pin extension cable wired up; and all wiring is in a split-loom jacket. If the weather holds out tomorrow (calling for more rain), I plan to get everything wired up and functional. Pics so far:

View attachment 82774 View attachment 82775
How were you able to fit the bracket between your receiver and your bumper, did you remove the bumper?? I have the same mount set up on my truck and actually had to cut the top of the mount in half for it to fit, surprisingly it still holds up very well despite that.

Attachments

• DC9EDF2A-C499-4E20-83A3-BC03806F409A.jpeg
    DC9EDF2A-C499-4E20-83A3-BC03806F409A.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 149

spraguer

Reaction score
I want to buy Rokblokz for my 2021 Rebel but the website doesn’t include them in the compatible models. So I emailed the company and they told me they couldn’t guarantee they would fit. Does anyone know if the factory mud flap holes are the same for all 5th gen rams? I think they listed every model except for the rebel.
Thanks for your time.

RickWaz

Reaction score
Added the controversial grill lights, I'm digging it!

View attachment 82782

I decided to to be REALLY controversial and go w/ (5) grill lights! I know ... my Ram NEEDS a bath AND Whiskey Tango Foxtrot ... DIAL DOWN THE FRIGGIN DRLs (Dorky Ridiculous Lights)!

I simply used Velcro to attach one of the remote controllers close to where the other light controls are located.

1613477542032.png

Last edited:

K_Hub

Reaction score
I decided to to be REALLY controversial and go w/ (5) grill lights! I know ... my Ram NEEDS a bath AND Whiskey Tango Foxtrot ... DIAL DOWN THE FRIGGIN DRLs (Dorky Ridiculous Lights)!

View attachment 82977

Is that the Rough Country light bar with DRL in the grill? I’ve been looking at those for weeks, on the fence about ordering. How was the install process? Did you wire DRL portion to your DRL circuit or are you turning on manually?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RickWaz

Reaction score
Is that the Rough Country light bar with DRL in the grill? I’ve been looking at those for weeks, on the fence about ordering. How was the install process? Did you wire DRL portion to your DRL circuit or are you turning on manually?

That indeed is the RC Hidden Lightbar. I had a Diode Dynamics Installer install it. The amber DRL LEDs and white driving LEDs were wired per the RC instructions. He did say that the instructions had a bit too much info regarding the installation of the mounting bracket. And I was initially going to wire the grill DRLs to the wires of the RC DRLs, but when I did, they did not illuminate. I measured the RC DRL output and it was < 8 V, I believe, so too little output for the grill DRLs. So I wired them separately and simply used a wireless controller for a separate relay to turn on/off.

K_Hub

Reaction score
That indeed is the RC Hidden Lightbar. I had a Diode Dynamics Installer install it. The amber DRL LEDs and white driving LEDs were wired per the RC instructions. He did say that the instructions had a bit too much info regarding the installation of the mounting bracket. And I was initially going to wire the grill DRLs to the wires of the RC DRLs, but when I did, they did not illuminate. I measured the RC DRL output and it was < 8 V, I believe, so too little output for the grill DRLs. So I wired them separately and simply used a wireless controller for a separate relay to turn on/off.

Did you go with a speed tech lights wireless controller?

RickWaz

Reaction score

Gitter

Reaction score
Installed the AVS low profile in channel window vent shades. Hoping that they seat well and mold into the channel so the windows don't auto reverse.

It might auto-reverse until it gets a little warmer.

I don't have AVS (I have the MOPAR version), but the front windows wouldn't roll-up at first for me until I let the truck sit in the sun last fall. Never had an issue with it since.

Trexmx77

Reaction score
The best $69.95 I spent on the truck so far! I came out to the parking lot after going into the store and I saw that some some jack *** backed into my truck. It was a hit-and-run. No note. Thank God I had this hitch step that I use to get into my truck bed with the multifunction tailgate. It just saved me a lot of money and repairs!
64c773e5c4342240a666e60679001232.jpg

8669cbe73e18ad00db538be27c87a460.jpg

e46cdf29b1cefec65ef9e66670f10677.jpg

I just got the same step hitch for mine. Did you splice it into the factory harness underneath or how did you wire yours up?

Users who are viewing this thread