5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just got the same step hitch for mine. Did you splice it into the factory harness underneath or how did you wire yours up?

gd people suck.
I purposely park far away from everyone and the front door to avoid this, I need to buy one of those too

CMil527

Reaction score
I will get pics after it gets a wash, plus I want to check for any noise or leaks. I got AVS P/N 994064
No problem, only reason I ask is Ive shopped around looking for the lo profile kit but some sites list it as stick on and other in channel but I'm looking for the in channel so just trying to verify.

RamVader

Reaction score
I just got the same step hitch for mine. Did you splice it into the factory harness underneath or how did you wire yours up?

Are use the Curt 56584 wire harness for my OPT7 LED bar in the back. I then purchased one female four plug and two male trailer four plug. I spliced the two male plugs onto the one female plug And made a mini harness. I plugged the female end into the Curt wire harness. I plugged one of the male ends into my OPT7 light bar and I plugged the other male end into the bully step. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more help figuring it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saylor

Reaction score
It was on our drive from Ruidoso, NM to El Paso. We caught snow for the entire drive!
word the craziest weather ive ever been in my whole life was northbound 285 to i40 in the wintertime

HemiDude

Reaction score
Which flares are those? I have a bighorn and have really been contemplating tackling this. Thanks.
Got them on e-bay. Never did find what I considered the "perfect" set, but these checked most of the boxes. If you have spats on yours you will have to remove them. Also, I had to remove my splash guards, haven't found a set yet to replace them with, tho I haven't looked that hard
F33AE83C-63C8-4D3E-A9FB-2B19A61FCFDF.png 645BB2B6-49AF-48BE-999F-8C9774043532.png

kevinvw

Reaction score
I added this tow hitch cover, as well as hardwired a Uniden R7 radar detector, a Blackvue 900x camera system and a Pedal Commander. Weather was horrible in SC this weekend, so truck looks like crap.

In 2 weeks having paint correction and Ceramic Pro coating done, as well as adding a Vararam CAI and a Borla Atak cat-back

4e04cf0344590ff81e2e39865b311d69.jpg

fbf6e18b00589937a514ccad6d56ef75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
How were you able to fit the bracket between your receiver and your bumper, did you remove the bumper?? I have the same mount set up on my truck and actually had to cut the top of the mount in half for it to fit, surprisingly it still holds up very well despite that.
I put the top section into my bench vice and bent the inner sections out on each side enough to squeeze it in around the hitch lip. Then I used both hands to put downward pressure on the tabs and closed up the gap nicely. Once you screw the top and bottom halves together, they align perfectly like a factory fit. Was a bit of a PITA, but worked out with no issues.

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I decided to to be REALLY controversial and go w/ (5) grill lights! I know ... my Ram NEEDS a bath AND Whiskey Tango Foxtrot ... DIAL DOWN THE FRIGGIN DRLs (Dorky Ridiculous Lights)!
Looks nice, but IMPO, LESS IS MORE! I like the three light look the best.

Gitter

Reaction score
No problem, only reason I ask is Ive shopped around looking for the lo profile kit but some sites list it as stick on and other in channel but I'm looking for the in channel so just trying to verify.

The Mopar are in-channel also. Plus, if you ever want to fold in your mirrors, they won't interfere with each other.

Jako

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread