5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

macallien

Reaction score
I installed my high mounted brake light flasher today now that I replaced each of the three bulbs with LEDs...BIG fan of people seeing me when I brake! What a great mod for under $10 with a 3-year warranty (y)

How did you wire that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
How did you wire that?

Very easy actually:

1. remove the 4 screws that attach the high mounted brake/cargo light to the cab
2. unplug the wiring harness that attaches to the light assembly
3. unplug the center brake bulb and remove the bulb
4. attach the ground wire from the strobe module to the black wire of the brake bulb socket
5. cut the white wire that powers the brake bulb and splice in the two red wires from the strobe module (connector wire to INPUT side of strobe module and socket wire to OUTPUT side of strobe module)
6. Install the LED bulb into the brake light socket
7. reconnect the truck wiring harness to the light assembly and insert back into the cab
8. reinstall the 4 screws to securely mount it
9. have someone get in the cab and press the brake pedal while you watch. You should see 4 rapid flashes...then 4 slower flashes and then it remains on steady as long as the brake pedal is depressed...done! See the video on their website for what it will look like once installed.

*** you MUST replace your incandescent brake light bulb with an LED bulb for this to work correctly. I bought the following off Amazon and very happy. Bought 4 so I can use 3 to replace the 2 cargo lights and the 1 brake light with 1 to spare:

I soldered and shrink wrapped each of my connections but you can use butt connectors as well. Took about 30 minutes from start to finish. Works great and I am very happy with the result. I strongly suggest you buy from SuperBrightLEDs as the reviews were excellent and you get a 3-year warranty. $4.95 plus shipping...can't beat that!!!

Last edited:

macallien

Reaction score
Very easy actually:

1. remove the 4 screws that attach the high mounted brake/cargo light to the cab
2. unplug the wiring harness that attaches to the light assembly
3. unplug the center brake bulb and remove the bulb
4. attach the ground wire from the strobe module to the black wire of the brake bulb socket
5. cut the white wire that powers the brake bulb and splice in the two red wires from the strobe module (connector wire to INPUT side of strobe module and socket wire to OUTPUT side of strobe module)
6. Install the LED bulb into the brake light socket
7. reconnect the truck wiring harness to the light assembly and insert back into the cab
8. reinstall the 4 screws to securely mount it
9. have someone get in the cab and press the brake pedal while you watch. You should see 4 rapid flashes...then 4 slower flashes and then it remains on steady as long as the brake pedal is depressed...done! See the video on their website for what it will look like once installed.

*** you MUST replace your incandescent brake light bulb with an LED bulb for this to work correctly. I bought the following off Amazon and very happy. Bought 4 so I can use 3 to replace the 2 cargo lights and the 1 brake light with 1 to spare:

I soldered and shrink wrapped each of my connections but you can use butt connectors as well. Took about 30 minutes from start to finish. Works great and I am very happy with the result. I strongly suggest you buy from SuperBrightLEDs as the reviews were excellent and you get a 3-year warranty. $4.95 plus shipping...can't beat that!!!
great!

cotonymopar

Reaction score
I installed my high mounted brake light flasher today now that I replaced each of the three bulbs with LEDs...BIG fan of people seeing me when I brake! What a great mod for under $10 with a 3-year warranty (y)

My wife has one in her Renegade, it was a great add, I will be doing it to my ram this summer.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
6c46d96ccb7c2ba0f22d24eb9eee38ee.jpg
17c5f945bf76221bb0c465cf1bf0bd24.jpg
e834049e4d34b7da38cdbd95c3205e8d.jpg

Used this new to me chemical guys 2-1 leather cleaner and conditioner

Love the stuff

kjn86

Reaction score
Reaction score
How many hours did they charge you for? Looks awesome.

Well we have a used car mechanic for sales that does all of our work so pretty sure he got me a good deal. The shop would charge me over 120 an hour for work. I paid him 250 for my running boards he installed and for the leveling kit install.

kjn86

Reaction score
Well we have a used car mechanic for sales that does all of our work so pretty sure he got me a good deal. The shop would charge me over 120 an hour for work. I paid him 250 for my running boards he installed and for the leveling kit install.

That is def a great deal.

Did you change the upper control arms? I have heard some back and forth about this being required or not.

Reaction score
That is def a great deal.

Did you change the upper control arms? I have heard some back and forth about this being required or not.

This kit doesn’t require the control arms or anything to be changed, I looked it up as well, you don’t need a change if your under 3” but you should check things out. I could be wrong.

redbranch

Reaction score
Maiden voyage towing a 10,000# rig. Towed like there wasn't even a trailer back there, much less an excavator sitting on it. Fuel economy bites, but hey...towing...expected. Without the trailer and with the adaptive cruise and drafting, I got 23 mpg. With the trailer, 11 mpg. Loving this truck!

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mellowed out the chrome a little with overlays
That really improves the Limited grille design. There’s just too much going on (stock), and your simple change makes the “nostrils” and Ram badging read as one visual element.

Users who are viewing this thread