5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

ThatThingGotaHemi

Reaction score
got the Bak Revolver X4 on, 6'4" bed.. I had an MX4 tri-fold on my prev Tacoma. I like this better, more seamless look, easier to reach the cables to roll up than flip up since I'm short and this truck is taller than a Tacoma...It doesn't have as tight of a seal againt the back tailgate as my old MX4 did on the Tacoma..it was basically waterproof..that could be b/c of the MFT or the cover I'm not sure..pros & cons to everything so we'll see how it goes.

Easy install..only part that sucked was the heat outside...I did take my braces off the bulkhead since I have the MFT for it to fit. I put the 3/8 steel braces from Right On Brackets on instead...In my opinion just don't go worlds strongest man during 60/40 door operation and it would be fine w/o any braces...the cover has to add some rigidity to it when it's all closed up I would think too..but I have a business degree not anything engineering so don't take my word for it...if anything ever did happen to it.. i took the brace bolts off with care with a hand wrench and not an impact wrench..so they are not marred up and it doesn't look like they were taken off..I would just put the brackets back on and go tell the dealer I never took it off if they ever tried to pull the warranty card..my sales guy told me just take them off he'd cover it for me... so we'll see if he's full of Sh*T or not.

This is the last thing I had on the to-do list..so going dark for a while...still going back and forth on a leveling it...maybe that stage II procharger..LOL.. idk... Enjoying the new truck though so far.. I had an F150 in my sights for the last 2 years and glad I chose RAM. Yalls trucks are lookin sweet too.

IMG_3629.jpg

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
got the Bak Revolver X4 on, 6'4" bed.. I had an MX4 tri-fold on my prev Tacoma. I like this better, more seamless look, easier to reach the cables to roll up than flip up since I'm short and this truck is taller than a Tacoma...It doesn't have as tight of a seal againt the back tailgate as my old MX4 did on the Tacoma..it was basically waterproof..that could be b/c of the MFT or the cover I'm not sure..pros & cons to everything so we'll see how it goes.

Easy install..only part that sucked was the heat outside...I did take my braces off the bulkhead since I have the MFT for it to fit. I put the 3/8 steel braces from Right On Brackets on instead...In my opinion just don't go worlds strongest man during 60/40 door operation and it would be fine w/o any braces...the cover has to add some rigidity to it when it's all closed up I would think too..but I have a business degree not anything engineering so don't take my word for it...if anything ever did happen to it.. i took the brace bolts off with care with a hand wrench and not an impact wrench..so they are not marred up and it doesn't look like they were taken off..I would just put the brackets back on and go tell the dealer I never took it off if they ever tried to pull the warranty card..my sales guy told me just take them off he'd cover it for me... so we'll see if he's full of Sh*T or not.

This is the last thing I had on the to-do list..so going dark for a while...still going back and forth on a leveling it...maybe that stage II procharger..LOL.. idk... Enjoying the new truck though so far.. I had an F150 in my sights for the last 2 years and glad I chose RAM. Yalls trucks are lookin sweet too.

View attachment 65134
I say go for the level and the Procharger, I did! Lol

Wsmith

Reaction score
Thanks to Skater for turning me onto this. I already got comments on it from my passengers.
0c018b882bc79799d8f1f87b6b8f13fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What site did you find this on. Not going to copy it but i'm sure they have a bunch of designs. I got one off amazon of an atom, but havn't put it on, I'm not sure I like it.

LamboTexas

Reaction score
As of yesterday and last week Ive added steps, bed liner coating, decked storage system, rear seat storage and my new rack. Just waiting for my lights to arrive to mount to rack.
Did you assemble and install the Decked yourself? I have one on order and am wondering how difficult it is to do?

RamVader

Reaction score
What site did you find this on. Not going to copy it but i'm sure they have a bunch of designs. I got one off amazon of an atom, but havn't put it on, I'm not sure I like it.

Below is the message I got from skater with the links to eBay for this.

Saw this on a thread and knew I needed to show you:

In this thread it states to make sure to order the 1.43" version of the sticker:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Washed and Waxed the Red Beast. Not perfect, but temps getting too high and hard to work the wax out by re-wetting and drying and rubbing out.

trkwash.jpg

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Installed my Gator ETX roll up cover. Took about 1/2 hour with the less than stellar instructions. Decided on this one for price and being low profile. Also after considering the tri-folds, I opted for roll up for same reasons others have been listing. Don't like the thought of losing the rear view mirror with it open unless you just remove it, which defeats purpose of it being a fold up.

Attachments

• IMG_20200811_153024.jpg
    IMG_20200811_153024.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_20200811_153033.jpg
    IMG_20200811_153033.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_20200811_153057.jpg
    IMG_20200811_153057.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_20200811_153102.jpg
    IMG_20200811_153102.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_20200811_153044.jpg
    IMG_20200811_153044.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 190

TNSmokee

Reaction score
Wanted to post these here too since the discussion actually started here. It rained really hard here this afternoon so I wasn't able to totally complete the job but the lights are temporarily connected to see if and how they work. They work as designed for my liking.
Here it is with the doors closed and key fob unlocking the doors.
PowerStep Lights-4.jpg
Now a little darker and the door opened.
PowerStep Lights-7.jpg

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Finished up aiming my Zroadz rear LEDs. Night into day.
db346048dd14c5eecdc1cdd9dada70ae.jpg

d5991af1ea58b419f60d2cc5aa4bccfa.jpg

If you aren’t already make sure you subscribe to the channel! It keeps me keeping on!

Here’s the video of the installation.

NICE but not cheap, looking at $500 for whole kit. With yer playing with it, can I get a Curt harness and wire into Curt Harness 5 pin, instead of running all the way to the front. I do not have any aux power boxes like U do. I do not care about aux control. Working when backup on with maybe a switch in the bed be fine, as I have a full tonneau cover. Nice setup on that also. Thanks...

All I did was wash/wax the beast. Still gotta do the chrome and black plastic. With temps near 105, too hot. Chrome/black plastic completed.

trkwash.jpg

Last edited:

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
Wanted to post these here too since the discussion actually started here. It rained really hard here this afternoon so I wasn't able to totally complete the job but the lights are temporarily connected to see if and how they work. They work as designed for my liking.
Here it is with the doors closed and key fob unlocking the doors.
View attachment 65190
Now a little darker and the door opened.
View attachment 65191
Could you PM me the details on these? They look great!

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
NICE but not cheap, looking at $500 for whole kit. With yer playing with it, can I get a Curt harness and wire into Curt Harness 5 pin, instead of running all the way to the front. I do not have any aux power boxes like U do. I do not care about aux control. Working when backup on with maybe a switch in the bed be fine, as I have a full tonneau cover. Nice setup on that also. Thanks...

Thanks! So I was back and forth on how I wanted to wire these and ended up going to my aux box because it’s nice to have some light on the ground when I’m getting my hunting crap situated before walking out to my deer stand. Saves my headlight batteries.

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Trailer brake controller flash. Good to go now.

Attachments

• 3CF64BFE-87C1-4E0A-9B47-BC9ACCD01A53.jpeg
    3CF64BFE-87C1-4E0A-9B47-BC9ACCD01A53.jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 145

RickWaz

Reaction score
I plugged the Alla (921) LEDs today into my 3rd brake light & 2 cargo lights. They had amazing output & all AOK. Then I heard some clicking sound by the passenger taillight and what sounded like air leaking in the engine. The truck was not running at the time.

I looked in the cab, and the dash, Nav system and other lights were all flashing. Also get numerous engine error messages and other error lights/icons. The truck would not start. I plugged in a error code reader and no codes were detected.

Replaced the Allas with original bulbs, same errors, lights & sounds. The battery was barely 6V and sound of air was the vacuum pump periodically cycling. Truck still not running.

I also had the Tazer DT plugged in but removing that did not change anything.

It took about 10 minutes to jump charge the battery and it finally started, but still flashing & blinking and many errors. I drove for a few minutes and a couple codes & error messages disappeared.

Drove 35 minutes to the dealership and all codes, errors & messages were gone before I got there and all safety & other features worked fine. The dealership was going to look at on Monday.

Not sure how 3 LED bulbs could f'up the computer or other systems so much.

I'll report back after the dealership has looked at it.
Got my RAM Limited back from the dealership. They were astonished as well about all the issues I encountered after plugging in the Alla LEDs. And while all the error lights, error messages and service messages were no longer being displayed, they found (84) errors that had been generated/recorded, most of them due to "low voltage" after the Alla LEDs were added. It past all other electrical and electronic tests, and it's been working fine since.

So, IF I replace the (3) incandescent lamps w/ LEDs in the future, I'll use the LASFIT brand (below) as they seem to be getting great reviews from members here and on other websites.

Users who are viewing this thread