5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Got my RAM Limited back from the dealership. They were astonished as well about all the issues I encountered after plugging in the Alla LEDs. And while all the error lights, error messages and service messages were no longer being displayed, they found (84) errors that had been generated/recorded, most of them due to "low voltage" after the Alla LEDs were added. It past all other electrical and electronic tests, and it's been working fine since.

So, IF I replace the (3) incandescent lamps w/ LEDs in the future, I'll use the LASFIT brand (below) as they seem to be getting great reviews from members here and on other websites.

Diode Dynamics are great lights as well and have a longer 3 year warranty. Error free.

ssick92

Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised to hear about all the issues with the LED conversions, especially for the 3rd brake light. I just bought a random set off amazon and I guess was lucky to not have any issues.

The ones I got are below (not sure if I can actually share links?)
921 LED's

RickWaz

Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised to hear about all the issues with the LED conversions, especially for the 3rd brake light. I just bought a random set off amazon and I guess was lucky to not have any issues.

The ones I got are below (not sure if I can actually share links?)
921 LED's
It was a TOTAL shock as to what happened. The LEDs I purchased on Amazon were the Alla brand below. I've heard many have used the LASFIT LEDs w/o any issues. Good luck ssick92!

scRAMbled

Reaction score
Finally had a few days to install some things on my truck. Started with the Readylift SST kit, but left the truck completely level with no rake at all. I need a little rake for towing and hauling my snowmobile and gear in the winter. Had motofab 2.5" front spacer just in case and ended up putting that in and I pulled the preload and top hat RL ones out. So I ended up with 2.5" front, 2" rear. Truck has 1.25"-1.5" of rake. Got it aligned and had 305/55 nitro Terra Grapplers mounted and put a set of 3/8" BORA spacers on. Got home and put a set if RC nerf steps on. Busy 2 days. Truck still rides like stock although I definitely notice how inadequate the rear sway bar is now so that will change soon. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Attachments

• 20200813_143636.jpg
    20200813_143636.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 217
  • 20200813_143602.jpg
    20200813_143602.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 213
  • 20200813_142908.jpg
    20200813_142908.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 191

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Finally had a few days to install some things on my truck. Started with the Readylift SST kit, but left the truck completely level with no rake at all. I need a little rake for towing and hauling my snowmobile and gear in the winter. Had motofab 2.5" front spacer just in case and ended up putting that in and I pulled the preload and top hat RL ones out. So I ended up with 2.5" front, 2" rear. Truck has 1.25"-1.5" of rake. Got it aligned and had 305/55 nitro Terra Grapplers mounted and put a set of 3/8" BORA spacers on. Got home and put a set if RC nerf steps on. Busy 2 days. Truck still rides like stock although I definitely notice how inadequate the rear sway bar is now so that will change soon. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Looking sharp................... I may someday replace the rear sway bar, but alas, no hurry, truck parked 98.5% in front of house.

RAMEN

Reaction score
Purchased Sport Night Edition two weeks ago:

So far did the following:

1)Mopar hard tonneau cover
2)Front windows tint matching the rear
3)LED for 3rd break
4)Decal truck(biz graphics and info)
5)Ordered vanity plate(biz name)
6)Dashcam Viofo
7)Ordered MBRP replacement muffler(6-8 week wait)
8)Ordered WeatherTech MudFlaps(3-6 week wait)
9)Replaced green tire valve stem caps(nitrogen filled) with black ones from Amazon
10)Smashed gf inside (wife was not down). Jk
c554642dfadffb7c57b01bfddf4fbd19.jpg

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Purchased Sport Night Edition two weeks ago:

So far did the following:

1)Mopar hard tonneau cover
2)Front windows tint matching the rear
3)LED for 3rd break
4)Decal truck(biz graphics and info)
5)Ordered vanity plate(biz name)
6)Dashcam Viofo
7)Ordered MBRP replacement muffler(6-8 week wait)
8)Ordered WeatherTech MudFlaps(3-6 week wait)
9)Replaced green tire valve stem caps(nitrogen filled) with black ones from Amazon
10)Smashed gf inside (wife was not down). Jk
c554642dfadffb7c57b01bfddf4fbd19.jpg
I have the full matched paint Mopar tonneau cover. The only issue I have found is 100% fitment, ie., sometimes, the left side catch does not catch completely so have to push down on it for full engagement. I live with it, cause just kinda: if I let the tech mess with it, may mess up more. It is a problem I can live with. The cover looks phenomenal with being paint matched. LUV the black out look of yer ride, was not available in 2018 when the first MY 19's came out. And of course, I do baby it and not super slam it down. I do not let ne one close it but me, because U have to insure tailgate closed correctly. U would not want some clown to put top down first then try to close tailgate, that be a disaster, Just saying.

Attachments

• IMG_0862.JPG
    IMG_0862.JPG
    180.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0836.JPG
    IMG_0836.JPG
    211.9 KB · Views: 117

ajkhf7

Reaction score
Halogen to LED headlight swap on my '19 Night Edition. Everything went fairly smoothly thanks to the related threads on this site and some youtube videos. It did feel a little wrong taking that many parts/panels off my new-to-me truck, but I am very happy with how they turned out. In other news, I now have the factory halogens sitting in boxes if someone is interested.

20200809_144757.jpg 20200809_144705.jpg 20200809_133647.jpg

ssick92

Reaction score
Halogen to LED headlight swap on my '19 Night Edition. Everything went fairly smoothly thanks to the related threads on this site and some youtube videos. It did feel a little wrong taking that many parts/panels off my new-to-me truck, but I am very happy with how they turned out. In other news, I now have the factory halogens sitting in boxes if someone is interested.

View attachment 65403 View attachment 65402 View attachment 65404

Where'd you get the LED housings from and how much you pay? This is definitely going to be one of my next mods after my lift.

ajkhf7

Reaction score
Where'd you get the LED housings from and how much you pay? This is definitely going to be one of my next mods after my lift.

More than I like to admit. Headlight assemblies are from moparwholesaleparts.com (~$590/each plus shipping), the harness you need for the conversion I got from Retroshop (~$175). There are other options out there, but this combo was the cheapest when I bought mine.

What kills me is the LED package is <$1k from the factory, but if you convert front and rear after the fact if costs more than twice that...

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Green filter and charcoal filter removed this morning before going to work.

Beretta226

Reaction score
I took delivery on my new ’20 Limited today. I turned in my ‘18 Laramie lease 6 months early and got a great deal due to plenty of equity in the used market. This forum has been a wealth of information for how to get he best deal, what to look for on delivery(water leaks,build quality, Uconnect issues, accesories,mods). I had a great dealer who ordered my truck on 6/19 that went to JS0724 and arrived at the dealership @ 8/7. Thanks to all on this forum with all these great posts with such helpful advice and suggestions. This truck is the quietest, tight, smooth, and best initial build quality vehicle i have ever owned . I have a ‘10 , ‘15 and this ‘18( I hope I’m not jinxing it going forward). Some interior pics. More to come if anyone is interested...thanks.. 6910563A-E0BF-4135-AD5F-0A52D1C1019B.jpeg

Attachments

• 3DC62601-0278-4A1E-AE93-3A18ACB69CF9.jpeg
    3DC62601-0278-4A1E-AE93-3A18ACB69CF9.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 115

Rambunktious

Reaction score
I took delivery on my new ’20 Limited today. I turned in my ‘18 Laramie lease 6 months early and got a great deal due to plenty of equity in the used market. This forum has been a wealth of information for how to get he best deal, what to look for on delivery(water leaks,build quality, Uconnect issues, accesories,mods). I had a great dealer who ordered my truck on 6/19 that went to JS0724 and arrived at the dealership @ 8/7. Thanks to all on this forum with all these great posts with such helpful advice and suggestions. This truck is the quietest, tight, smooth, and best initial build quality vehicle i have ever owned . I have a ‘10 , ‘15 and this ‘18( I hope I’m not jinxing it going forward). Some interior pics. More to come if anyone is interested...thanks.. View attachment 65432
Yes, pics please. I am living vicariously through the pics on this forum till mine is built. :ROFLMAO:

ny2az

Reaction score
I took delivery on my new ’20 Limited today. I turned in my ‘18 Laramie lease 6 months early and got a great deal due to plenty of equity in the used market. This forum has been a wealth of information for how to get he best deal, what to look for on delivery(water leaks,build quality, Uconnect issues, accesories,mods). I had a great dealer who ordered my truck on 6/19 that went to JS0724 and arrived at the dealership @ 8/7. Thanks to all on this forum with all these great posts with such helpful advice and suggestions. This truck is the quietest, tight, smooth, and best initial build quality vehicle i have ever owned . I have a ‘10 , ‘15 and this ‘18( I hope I’m not jinxing it going forward). Some interior pics. More to come if anyone is interested...thanks.. View attachment 65432

l feel the same way ... "LOVE MY 2020 LIMITED" .....

Users who are viewing this thread