5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Love that paint color. Did you do the blackout tailgate badge or did it come that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Comes that way from factory. Planning on eventually removing it and using one of the flag style ones from Ebay

ThatThingGotaHemi

Reaction score
Duraflaps. I have the standard width/extra long versions. Planning for the future...

Those look good.. i was looking at RokBlokz..but just looks too much like it came off a Subaru.. lol... The offset on my wheels + a 12" width exposes the door and rocker panels pretty good.... those people that sell that plastic paint protector film must think it's made of gold..

I think we'll just have to bring the mud flap back in style!

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Curious if you would share your cost on this?

$1,800
First quote from a different company was 25-2700. Their quote was for the hood, fenders, headlights and bumper.
His quote (NTX) from the bumper to the headlights $600 which I thought was very good. NTX showed me the additional areas they did, I didn't ask for them (other than the tailgate strip) but in retrospect, looks very inclusive of all areas that have the potential for damage.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those look good.. i was looking at RokBlokz..but just looks too much like it came off a Subaru.. lol... The offset on my wheels + a 12" width exposes the door and rocker panels pretty good.... those people that sell that plastic paint protector film must think it's made of gold..

I think we'll just have to bring the mud flap back in style!

They sell wider ones too in both length. I’ve had them on all my trucks. They protect the trucks side well.

hratiu

Reaction score
I got a rec here on a Lomax. Call the dealer who used to sell them and they don't anymore. I was offered the Mopar Tri-Fold. Those of you who have the Mopar tri-fold do you like it? Would you recommend.

RamVader

Reaction score
I got a rec here on a Lomax. Call the dealer who used to sell them and they don't anymore. I was offered the Mopar Tri-Fold. Those of you who have the Mopar tri-fold do you like it? Would you recommend.

I have the Mopar trifold. It came with the black appearance package on my truck. I do not like it at all. It offers zero security. And you lose 1/3 of your Cargo space. It only folds back twice. You have to take the cover completely off if you want the last third of space in your cargo area. I took it off. It’s sitting in my warehouse. I definitely want to look at some thing else.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you sure about that, mine folds three time, hence trifold, and then you use prop rods to hold it against the cab. It's made by BakFlip and is a Mopar labled MX4.
1597087755253.png
I like mine, the only complaint I have is the first row of cushions glue let loose from high temps and I just used RTV to reattach, no problems since.

RamVader

Reaction score
Are you sure about that, mine folds three time, hence trifold, and then you use prop rods to hold it against the cab. It's made by BakFlip and is a Mopar labled MX4.
View attachment 65088

I like that one. I wish They would have included that one with my truck. Mine does not have the rods to keep the last section up. The cover I got is the one that comes with the black appearance package

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Going to add some vinyl horsepower to my truck tonight! Gotta get my name out there if I want to be one of the cool kids.

2fcd336282d0eff7a87abd95a4ab6f3c.jpg

shrubs2000

Reaction score
Installed the Mishimoto catch can on 25 April 20. In less than 4 months and around 4K miles (driving a lot less since COVID-driven Teleworking), here's the results. It looks like around 40 cc of nasty.

Attachments

• 20200810_154337.jpg
    20200810_154337.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 119

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like that one. I wish They would have included that one with my truck. Mine does not have the rods to keep the last section up. The cover I got is the one that comes with the black appearance package

I have the BAP and it didn't come with any cover, but I dealer added on the one I have. It is labeled with Mopar.
IMG_1979.jpg
IMG_1980.jpg

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a BakFlip on my '09 for the whole 10 years I had that truck. The same thing they are now calling an MX4, it looks like. Tri-fold with prop rods to hold it up against the back window.

I never had any problems with it in 10 years and 193K miles. Well, the two little loops that hold the prop rod ends when you're not actually using the prop rods did both break, eventually, so the prop rods hung down in the back of my truck when not in use. But, that's it. No unglued pads or anything like that, ever.

But, I never liked the fact that I could not see out of my back window at all when I was carrying anything back there. So, on my '19, I got the Bak Revolver X4. I am very pleased with it. I am glad I did not get the hard tri-fold again. I feel like it is just as secure. It looks nicer, to me (obviously, personal preference). And I can see out of the top half (or a little more?) of my back window, even when it's rolled up. Time will tell how well it holds up, though...

LessDodgeMoreRam

Reaction score
Had the dealer recalibrate the truck for 34 inch tires. They charged me an hours worth of labor which ended up being $133 with tax. It shifts a lot smoother now. Guzzles more gas. But at least it knows which gear it wants to be in. The speedometer seems to still be off a 2-5 mph according to my phone apps. Also took the fam to the pet store. Here’s a a pic of it in the parking lot that my lady clowned me for taking...

11bebe0cfea8dd5ccfc813de4d219cf5.jpg

Skater

Reaction score
I have the BAP and it didn't come with any cover, but I dealer added on the one I have. It is labeled with Mopar.
View attachment 65095
View attachment 65096
Is that Lamin-X tint on your tail lights--Gun smoke, or did you paint them with tint paint? I have the BAP with MFT. I do not think that will work with mine, but I am going to look into it. I have been considering the Lomax, but I like the Mopar look.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is that Lamin-X tint on your tail lights--Gun smoke, or did you paint them with tint paint? I have the BAP with MFT. I do not think that will work with mine, but I am going to look into it. I have been considering the Lomax, but I like the Mopar look.

Yes, Lamin-X on tails and 3rd brake light is paint tinted. I did the tails myself and was a chore, to say the least. Also did the headlights and fogs as well. Don’t recall the shade names but the tails are the darkest they offer and the headlights and fogs are the second darkest. Used Luxe Auto on the backside of the mirrors in the second darkest and honeycomb there. I can send you pics of all of it if you like via PM, but it’s all on here somewhere lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread