5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

New to me and finally clean enough to post a picture of (y)

View attachment 190802

Also put on the Gatorback mudflaps (no emblem) and bumper step. The bumper step was less than $100 on Amazon and I'm pretty sure it'll kill me one day, but it's a $200ish in savings bet I'm willing to gamble on :ROFLMAO:

I did the same thing with the window deflectors and went cheap. The past couple vehicles have given me issues with in channel ones and this one also needs to be guided occasionally but I think it's more just the molding of the cheap visors. I know the WeatherTech ones make an effort to push outward away from the window and I can see why now because these ones will snag occasionally and there is very little clearance between them and the window, which I noticed while cleaning the windows trying to get my fat nubs and the towel in there. I will likely replace them with the Mopar ones.

The rest of the time I spent crawling under the truck just examining things. It has air suspension and I can't wait to mess with that when it fails this winter /s.

I know they did an oil change and I can see it's fresh oil, but who knows what they used and it's a cheapo AC Delco filter, so that is my next project. I'm willing to bet they just threw some random syn blend in there. Still browsing for ways to avoid making a mess due to the filter location and all, but I think I have one of those guides somewhere in the garage from a previous vehicle with the same issue.

Lastly, I bought floor mats and have used TuxMats in multiple other vehicles, but the RAM won't be one of them. Just terrible fitment. I sent them back and got the MOPAR all weather rubber "slush" mats. When I emailed TuxMat about a return they told me to destroy them, send the picture of them destroyed, and then I'd get my refund. I found that odd on a $200 product and if that's their policy I won't be supporting such waste in the future. Long story short they sent me a return label but what an odd first option. Sucks because they are really good mats, but apparently only in some vehicles and real money laundering vibes going on.

TL;DR: So yea, happy and clean. Planning. That was my day. Took me three days total to detail the interior (at my own pace obviously and lots of 303 to the rescue) and I still need to do my dashcam. Tires are from Les Schwab (Back Country AT2's I believe are made by Cooper).
Fumoto drain plug and an oil udder works wonders. The air suspension has t given me problems here in Oklahoma but it’s doesn’t get terribly cold and our snow days are limited if we even get any.

I have seen videos of people in very cold climates adding oil to the nitrogen system to keep it from freezing but I can’t stand by it since I’ve never done it.

Fumoto drain plug and an oil udder works wonders. The air suspension has t given me problems here in Oklahoma but it’s doesn’t get terribly cold and our snow days are limited if we even get any.

I have seen videos of people in very cold climates adding oil to the nitrogen system to keep it from freezing but I can’t stand by it since I’ve never done it.

Yep! Already seen the antifreeze suggestion so I'm gonna give it a shot before it gets too cold and let it work into the valves etc etc. Got it on my list of things to pick up on Monday so hopefully the local Napa has something (not many options where I live). If not, I'll search online for some brake line antifreeze. Reports sound good on being a potential fix, but I'm still worried about all the other potential failures with air ride, having serviced transfer dumps for years... air suspension always needs some TLC. But I love it and I am hoping the kinks were worked out after '21 because lots of failure reports seemed to be not due to cold but just a terrible system.

I haven't seen any posts of someone swapping to normal struts and just updating the BCM after. Is that possible?

What thread is the 5.7's oil pan? Stahlbus says M14x1.5x12mm.

Yep! Already seen the antifreeze suggestion so I'm gonna give it a shot before it gets too cold and let it work into the valves etc etc. Got it on my list of things to pick up on Monday so hopefully the local Napa has something (not many options where I live). If not, I'll search online for some brake line antifreeze. Reports sound good on being a potential fix, but I'm still worried about all the other potential failures with air ride, having serviced transfer dumps for years... air suspension always needs some TLC. But I love it and I am hoping the kinks were worked out after '21 because lots of failure reports seemed to be not due to cold but just a terrible system.

I haven't seen any posts of someone swapping to normal struts and just updating the BCM after. Is that possible?

What thread is the 5.7's oil pan? Stahlbus says M14x1.5x12mm.
IMG_8508.png

Found this:

5100 delete kit

Would also give me that little bit of level up front if I want it. Rake doesn't bother me but if given the option with a kit like this, I'll add .5".

Not a bad price either. We'll see how it goes this winter. Fingers crossed!

New wheels and tires this weekend.

Black Rhino Calico in gunmetal grey 20x9 0 offset
BFG KO3 Radial All Terrain 285/65R20
Factory height suspension. The truck is a little dirty in these pics.
A tiny bit of rubbing the mudflap when turning full lock but when I install the Eibach Pro Lift Coil 2R suspension later this month it should be clear. Thanks to @Realtruck for the great deal on the wheels!

IMG_3322.jpeg

IMG_3324.jpeg

Found this:

5100 delete kit

Would also give me that little bit of level up front if I want it. Rake doesn't bother me but if given the option with a kit like this, I'll add .5".

Not a bad price either. We'll see how it goes this winter. Fingers crossed!

We've replaced a ton of air suspension vehicles. Not a matter of if, but when. They also ride super stiff at below freezing temps. The joys of living in MT lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back