5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seasonal tire pressure adjustment for all the road vehicles today, as temperatures start to trend downward. 40 PSI all around for the Ram.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's curious as to why some don't see it that way
Well, not everyone lives in town in a paved subdivision. I take care of my truck, but no sense washing it all the time when it's just going to get dirty as soon as I leave the garage.

I make sure the salt is off from the winter and give it a good bath every once in a while. I keep the interior clean and make sure no trash is left behind.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, not everyone lives in town in a paved subdivision. I take care of my truck, but no sense washing it all the time when it's just going to get dirty as soon as I leave the garage.

I make sure the salt is off from the winter and give it a good bath every once in a while. I keep the interior clean and make sure no trash is left behind.
I don't live in a paved subdivision. Still wash my truck at least weekly. Love this color too much not to.

20220920_152139.jpg

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Absolutely nothing was said towards those thst choose not to or those that couldn't. The comment made was seemingly critical of those that do take the time to wash their trucks so again, not sure why it bothers some that others take care of their trucks or to the level they do.

If you can't or choose not to, great but no one said anything to or about those peeps.
BTW, it wouldn't matter if I didn't live in a paved subdivision, I'd still keep it clean.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was young but now I'm old.

I was the guy who washed his car by hand every 3 days, did a full detail every 2 weeks (removed the seats, vacuum, the whole shebang), and changed his oil every 1500km.

Now I'm the guy with 1 wife, 4 kids, 2 jobs and in post-grad school.

Anyone who has a problem with my dirty truck can simply close their eyes when I drive by. I live to impress no one outside of my house.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing was said towards those thst choose not to or those that couldn't. The comment made was seemingly critical of those that do take the time to wash their trucks so again, not sure why it bothers some that others take care of their trucks or to the level they do.

If you can't or choose not to, great but no one said anything to or about those peeps.
BTW, it wouldn't matter if I didn't live in a paved subdivision, I'd still keep it clean.
Maybe I misread the comments...

makes no difference to me how much time you spend cleaning. I used to as well, just not a priority anymore. However, I still take pride in my truck.

What bothers me much more than a dirty truck are the guys who tear them up and don't care. "Eh, it's just a truck." OK, it's your truck, but...

So, sorry. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I would love for my truck to always look like some of those on here...

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think my truck runs better when it’s clean! LOL

I’m old(er) but love my truck clean. I don’t hand wash mine but have a membership to an extremely good touch-less car wash. $35 a month and I get up to 30 washes a month. And boy, do I use it. Sometimes 3 times a week. They don’t make any money off me!
If I get bugs on my windshield or a speck of dust, I go to the car wash even if the rest of the truck is clean.
I don’t do it for anyone but me. It’s the nicest vehicle I’ve ever owned.
What anyone else does is of no consequence to me.
They own it…they drive it. 😎
67902ACA-4F91-4654-9626-CAEC73B64885.jpeg

Last edited:

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram 6.4 intake manifold and MMX throttle body

I really like the sound of this.

On my old LS1, we could bolt on an LS6 intake manifold paired with some long tubes & mild cam to get a huge bump - about 420rwhp from 305 without even having to add ported truck heads.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Finished paint correction, one pass with a yellow Rupes pad and Scholl Concepts 20 followed by one pass with a white Rupes pad and same polish man diamond black crystal looks awesome with a good polish. May hit it wit Carpro Reflect tomorrow before I ceramic coat

View attachment 140612

View attachment 140613

View attachment 140614

@wegasque That light you see being used in the 1st two pics is to catch scratches caused by using a waterless car wash product. I use that stuff only on the lightest film of dust or pollen, otherwise I wash the old fashioned way.

Paint-correction-for-swirl-marks-on-cars.jpg

Waterless and automatic drive through carwash shortcuts ^^
How do you like the stubby nozzle on your Ego? I just received mine Saturday but haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really like the sound of this.

On my old LS1, we could bolt on an LS6 intake manifold paired with some long tubes & mild cam to get a huge bump - about 420rwhp from 305 without even having to add ported truck heads.
A lot of research has been done with adding the 6.4 ram intake manifold on our 5.7. With custom tuning people are seeing close to 30whp gains and a ton more mid range power.

BowDown

Reaction score
How do you like the stubby nozzle on your Ego? I just received mine Saturday but haven't had a chance to use it yet.

It works good, allows me to get really close but not worry about touching and makes it much easier to handle.
Was it worth $40? I don't think so but then I caught my self almost bagging into the truck with the regular tube.

It may blow mildly more effective like this but it's especially helpful blowing water out around the door handles, mirrors, hood emblems and front grill. The length of the factory tube really makes it kinda awkward for this

BowDown

Reaction score
That's actually not true. I made a comment about me actually using my truck as a real truck for a change, which was a joke in itself becasue it's typiclly a pavement princess. I threw in a jab towards the guys who had side railed the thread up for 5+ pages on how to "primp your ride", and got blasted about my masculinity with multiple examples of how I am neglecting my truck's needs, lol.

No chit! You also don't have to wash it with a Q-tip after each use.

So do I. I also take pride in all my tools, house, family and everything else I work my *** of for, (not just a nice truck).

Really? So I'm a p@ssy because I don't detail my truck weekly?

Like other's have posted, I used to do all that when I was younger and had more free time on my hands. Priorities change, now I work 75hrs a week and am only home on weekends. Sorry if I don't agree with you on priorities but I like many others have better chit to do with my time than preen over a god damn pickup truck. One that I paid for in 18 months with hard earned money and actually take great care of. I also own a brand new house with acreage, am building a new workshop and run a side business in all my "free time". 2009 taught me a lot and I'm heading into the next recession with everything bought and paid for.

I've have priorities too, I own an IT business and regularly travel between Dallas and Houston so I'm never really off.
As to others blasting you for your comment, you just did the same thing again in your last paragraph.

So what you don't have time or don't care for it, move the eff on and skip the post. This thread is about "What did you do to your Ram today???".
You don't like what dome did then keep scrolling, no need for the negativity. As to the comments directed at you, you brought that on yourself, no one was negative towards what you used the truck for.

This is a hobby for me and relaxing but like @dogpatchsaid,
"What anyone else does is of no consequence to me.
They own it…they drive it"

To each their own

Last edited:

BowDown

Reaction score
A lot of research has been done with adding the 6.4 ram intake manifold on our 5.7. With custom tuning people are seeing close to 30whp gains and a ton more mid range power.

Curious to see how that impacts the curve under 4000 rpm, specifically torque

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Let's chill out and get away from all the negativity towards each other or there will be some clean up if posts in this thread and warnings issued for anymore posts blasting other members.
Agreed! Thanks for monitoring this stuff. I luv that about this site.

I don’t understand what difference it makes to anyone what anyone does to or with their truck.
Personally, I’m here to see what others do. I’ve gotten a lot of great ideas and adopted them with my own truck.
I’ve also seen some stuff I would never do, but hey, I don’t have to live with their decision. Their mod, their dirt, whatever. They own it.

I’m not overly impressed with the way the world has gone with media and the ability to nonchalantly criticize, spew dislike or worse, hatred.
If it doesn’t directly affect me, I live and let live!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread