5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
i also have hard water and use this, even in the sun no water spots

you all are working too hard
took spouse and i 20 minutes in the sun this morning still looks new

I have a similar product to that but I only use that when there's just a layer of dust and I don't need to wash. today I needed to a real wash so I could do paint correction before I ceramic coat tomorrow

20221008_161735.jpg

This is a hobby for me so I don't mind the time at all

BowDown

Reaction score
I haven't seen this before. How dirty can the truck be before using this? If it's super visibly dirty, do you have to wash conventionally first?

I'm on a few construction sites during the week and can get pretty dirty. Add in the dust storms coating everything with a fine brown layer of dust, I am concerned about accumlated dust adding in micro-scratches.

A layer of dust, anything heavier and you'll have a truck full of scratches

BowDown

Reaction score
Finished paint correction, one pass with a yellow Rupes pad and Scholl Concepts 20 followed by one pass with a white Rupes pad and same polish man diamond black crystal looks awesome with a good polish. May hit it wit Carpro Reflect tomorrow before I ceramic coat

20221008_155013.jpg

20221008_154959.jpg

20221008_161235.jpg

@wegasque That light you see being used in the 1st two pics is to catch scratches caused by using a waterless car wash product. I use that stuff only on the lightest film of dust or pollen, otherwise I wash the old fashioned way.

Paint-correction-for-swirl-marks-on-cars.jpg

Waterless and automatic drive through carwash shortcuts ^^

BowDown

Reaction score
your opinion
my opinion pretty dirty and still works as advertised

It does work but on heavy dirt, it'll streak and leave scratches. I only use that if I have a good ceramic coat base applied and even then, only light dust or pollen. I wont use it as a substitute for a carwash but thats me.

BowDown

Reaction score
I use this in my garage. Have only used it a couple times, but works great. I will wash my truck with regular water and pressure washer. Then swap hoses on pressure washer and rinse with this. Have a Y-gate coming off spicket, and one of those collapsible hoses hooked to the DI filter so it stores easily and doesn't take up much space.
AQUATICLIFE Deionized Spot-Free Car Rinse Unit - Premium Water Deionizer for Car Washing - Spotless Car, RV, and Motorcycle Wash System https://a.co/d/dkoFEaa

I bought this one from a guy that used it twice and sold it, paid $140; its a $400 system. If not for that, I'd have done exactly what you did but with bigger filters

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finished paint correction, one pass with a yellow Rupes pad and Scholl Concepts 20 followed by one pass with a white Rupes pad and same polish man diamond black crystal looks awesome with a good polish. May hit it wit Carpro Reflect tomorrow before I ceramic coat

View attachment 140612

View attachment 140613

View attachment 140614

@wegasque That light you see being used in the 1st two pics is to catch scratches caused by using a waterless car wash product. I use that stuff only on the lightest film of dust or pollen, otherwise I wash the old fashioned way.

Thanks for the advice. I'm relatively new to the detailing aspect so I;m learning, but want to make sure my truck stays in good shape.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I bought this one from a guy that used it twice and sold it, paid $140; its a $400 system. If not for that, I'd have done exactly what you did but with bigger filters
Filters are decent sized, and you can refill the cartridges instead of buying new ones. My water was bad about spots, and no shade in my driveway. With this it doesn't leave any spotsz where as before it had bad spots

PDiddy

Reaction score

View attachment 140612

View attachment 140613

View attachment 140614

Man, I use dawn dish soap and and micro fiber cloth. I guess I better step my game up.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Well, I actually used my truck like a truck for a change. Got access to a slash pile so I figured I'd pull a bunch of free firewood out before they just burn it off this winter.

ac95c3221cff3d34b648620d3b57e53e.jpg

ab808adffaf114e223f30acdc2caccf2.jpg

eb7e8a12f9d1eedac52a4e92fe822d83.jpg

941bfb563cd8474d791ce36b700388f4.jpg

Bed space and payload is pretty limited in these new trucks so you know I miss my old 2500 on days like this. The only truck I wish I never sold.

0742e7e7a85b3602463956d9df39b363.jpg

b83af8ed91ad83f19a44b8f6619bce69.jpg

Last edited:

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 140612

View attachment 140613

View attachment 140614

I saved this to try next time. How do you like this method of paint correction vs clay bar? Clay bar works but a bit of a pain - I just did my wife’s black 2020 Durango yesterday & looking to ceramic coat today.

That’s a helluva price deal for that system! I’d take one of those too at that price. Heck, even 400 isn’t too bad compared to some of the other systems I’ve seen.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tested out the self leveling feature last weekend. It threw an error code but still handled the weight like a champion.

2463339c20e763145a343583a0fbc539.jpg

That’s a lot of weight in all those photos too! Glad to hear it handled well. We have a boiler for the house & make yearly trips to a friends property to clear out some space for him & take the wood for free. We usually go with 2-4 trucks, 3 of which are Ram’s but I’m the only one with the self leveling so I plan on loading the bed & pulling the small single axle this time. I didn’t have this truck last year.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I saved this to try next time. How do you like this method of paint correction vs clay bar? Clay bar works but a bit of a pain - I just did my wife’s black 2020 Durango yesterday & looking to ceramic coat today.

That’s a helluva price deal for that system! I’d take one of those too at that price. Heck, even 400 isn’t too bad compared to some of the other systems I’ve seen.
Clay bar isn't paint correction. It just removed contaminants. Paint correction involved removing scratches and imperfections in the paint itself.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ah ok. I need to do paint correction on my wife’s vehicle. So far mine is good, but the black Laramie I had would’ve needed it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread