5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was young but now I'm old.

I was the guy who washed his car by hand every 3 days, did a full detail every 2 weeks (removed the seats, vacuum, the whole shebang), and changed his oil every 1500km.

Now I'm the guy with 1 wife, 4 kids, 2 jobs and in post-grad school.

Anyone who has a problem with my dirty truck can simply close their eyes when I drive by. I live to impress no one outside of my house.

Yup this is me. When I was single and younger my cars - which were nothing special - were immaculate and never unkept for long. I kept up on all the detailing practices and products, even did detailing on the side.

Present day me spends every waking minute taking care of the wife and kids or making money, and any extra time goes into maintaining my home or my body - and unfortunately I don’t get as much time as I’d like even on those last 2 items.

I guess I just don’t know where folks find the time at this life stage. I’m up at 530 every day and don’t sleep earlier than 10:00 ever. I don’t do social media beyond a couple forums like this. I guess I just suck at time management.

But I fully expect to get back to taking immaculate care of my vehicles (& decent care of my body) at a later life stage. Hopefully.

For now, my truck is white, it sits outside, it is well maintained, and goes through the auto wash quarterly in the nice seasons and monthly in the snowy seasons.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yup this is me. When I was single and younger my cars - which were nothing special - were immaculate and never unkept for long. I kept up on all the detailing practices and products, even did detailing on the side.

Present day me spends every waking minute taking care of the wife and kids or making money, and any extra time goes into maintaining my home or my body - and unfortunately I don’t get as much time as I’d like even on those last 2 items.

I guess I just don’t know where folks find the time at this life stage. I’m up at 530 every day and don’t sleep earlier than 10:00 ever. I don’t do social media beyond a couple forums like this. I guess I just suck at time management.

But I fully expect to get back to taking immaculate care of my vehicles (& decent care of my body) at a later life stage. Hopefully.

For now, my truck is white, it sits outside, it is well maintained, and goes through the auto wash quarterly in the nice seasons and monthly in the snowy seasons.

Lol, you guys act like this is a weekly thing. Its not. I haven't done this for 2 years, the last time I did it, the truck had 200 miles on it and was going in for PPF film so I had to do it.
The next time was an hour spent on it last fall testing new pads. I don't expect to do this for another 2-3 years so it'll be just a regular wash and vacuum.
BTW, I'm up at 6AM, running two miles then at the gym by 7:30 and on my way to work by 9:30AM. On the weekends, Its up by 7A and running 4-7 miles I (rain, snow or shine) then whatever the day has in store. I don't pay people to do any home maintenance so my schedule is as full as anyone else's.

Mow my own yard too

Last edited:

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
...Mow my own yard too

I often forget that folks have yards to mow. It's been 15 years since I lived in the Midwest. One of the conditions I had upon moving to AZ was that we were not going to pant any grass so I didn't have to mow.

And now I'm looking at a move to the TN mountains where I'm going to have 14 acres of grass. I guess I'm going to need to get some cows...or maybe some goats. :)

BowDown

Reaction score
I often forget that folks have yards to mow. It's been 15 years since I lived in the Midwest. One of the conditions I had upon moving to AZ was that we were not going to pant any grass so I didn't have to mow.

And now I'm looking at a move to the TN mountains where I'm going to have 14 acres of grass. I guess I'm going to need to get some cows...or maybe some goats. :)

Goats are cheaper. I have 87 acres on a family farm in Magnolia AR, spent many a summer there on an open cab john deer with a 7' bush hog

Dewey

Reaction score
Wow this thread really took a sharp turn😆

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dropped truck off at service dept today to get my 4WD system fixed. ETA on parts was 10 days, part on island in 4, should get truck back by Wednesday or Thursday. In the last month, my truck has spent more time in that lot than my garage.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been obsessing over this idea from Moe's for a few days now. Worth it?
In the end it will be worth it. Haven’t really driven it yet. Still waiting on my parts to finish up my intake setup.

Users who are viewing this thread